A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ion Storm

01-15-2014

I just can not understand why triple Q nerf, W nerf and items nerf have to come together. Additionally, the W half way cut nerf seems to be too hard for me. People who saying it still works when you are low should realize the existence of ignite, besides, I would still say the CD of empowered W is relatively long in early game. I doubt riot even not test those changes before put it on air.

So basically, rengar not only lost part of its assassination ability but also its tankness by W nerf, not to mention the SV&SC nerfs. AND, IN ONE PATCH!

Again, I totally accept the triple Q nerf. But seriously, If I remember right, Riot is the one who said rework rather than numerical nerfs. Even both rengar Q&W do need nerfs , I would say nerf triple Q first and test the result since the SV&SC nerfs come together in this patch.

PS:I am not saying who is OP, 66% banrate Shyva has a fairly nerf, with the SV%SC nerf, I will say she is still strong but no longer dominant. 22% banrate rengar nerfs to the hell. 64% Mundo, king of sustain, not be touched??? IDK

Cm WildFire

01-15-2014

Anyone else wonder where the hell riots reasoning for their nerfs are? Lets have a look...
- Triple Q nerf, no compensation buff. Sorry Assassin Rengars but your job just got a hell of a lot harder
- Battle Roar Nerf, looks like tanking/dueling is out of the question, THIS IS ON TOP OF
- Spirit Visage and Sunfire nerf

TBH, I disliked the rengar rework, but the sidewalks better then the gutter.
The thing I dont like the most is that all riot is doing is nerfing rengar, even though a lot of players have honestly suggested some really good ideas about how to help fix him, even if that person gets 500+ upvotes riot just ignores it. Good plan, ignore the players, by all means remove the toxic elements from Rengar, but at least give us something to work with, update on the rework maybe? That new thread that was promised? something...
Rengar is probably one of my favorite champs, been playing him regardless of how many people used to call him trash, and ill keep playing him untill I can make it work...
Just know riot, I do it full of resentment, and I plan on giving you stink-eye untill you fix my, and Im sure many other rengar player's concerns

jgamma100

01-15-2014

Bonetooth: personally it worked well as a "win more" item, it worked like Mejia's, where the more kills you earned, the more benefits you got. isn't that how a hunter works? he gets a kill, and has his rewards for it? maybe u can change the passive stat gain per kill, to be like sword of the occult except his personal snowball version? im not sure, but it it did its job quite well as it was; you passively gained damage, along with the more kills you got, the more benefits it gave. it was useful whether your ahead or behind.

RakshirX

01-15-2014

Scarizard is being inconsiderate by ignoring us like this. He was supposed to be in charge of Rengar's changes, and we've now had changes without any word or warning from him about it whatsoever. This is absurd and insulting to the fans.

Rastamon Ganja

01-15-2014

@Scarizard You lied on 12-11-2013 you said you would start a new thread on the upcoming rengar changes. it is now 1/16/14 and still no news. The only thing a man has is his word.

HeWhoHates

01-15-2014

Two things.

Either Rengar's re-work is right around the corner and Riot is just trying to make it harder to play him (HIGHLY unlikely).

OR

Riot is just totally incompetent on balancing this game and the champions.

*You can still tripple Q. Its not as easy but can be done. You can still abuse the early 1-5 Tripple-Q bug from mashing the Q button starting from 4-5 ferocity.

eatsgokuforlunch

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoHates View Post
Two things.

Either Rengar's re-work is right around the corner and Riot is just trying to make it harder to play him (HIGHLY unlikely).

OR

Riot is just totally incompetent on balancing this game and the champions.

*You can still tripple Q. Its not as easy but can be done. You can still abuse the early 1-5 Tripple-Q bug from mashing the Q button starting from 4-5 ferocity.
Exactly

Kawaii Carlos

01-16-2014

R.I.P. Rengar
R.I.P. TRIPLE Q
R.I.P. Patch 4.1

Nerf Khazix Q? Compensation with ult buff
Nerf Rengar Q and W? What? Compen-what? haha funny joek.

Talohmiir

01-16-2014

Didn't look to see if anyone already posted this, but RiotScruffy took over the Rework and is going to post a new thread within a week. Check out the Why do we do reworks? thread to see it for yourself.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post44473701

RakshirX

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talohmiir View Post
Didn't look to see if anyone already posted this, but RiotScruffy took over the Rework and is going to post a new thread within a week. Check out the Why do we do reworks? thread to see it for yourself.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post44473701
Thanks for sharing this with us, sir. Looks like Scarizard kinda screwed us all over. Didn't even bother to tell us what was going on. Guess he couldn't be arsed.

When the new thread is up, someone please post it here.