A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nureya

12-25-2013

The only reason rengar can insta gib someone is because of triple q. No questions asked..... taking out that mechanic destroys rengar. However the rework does need improvement:

Give passive a reset on kills and assist. And the ability to leap out of bushes. they nerfed the bushes in the jungle and lanes in season 4. No one but rengar plays realize how bad this is. and if you are not fighting in the jungle, its very difficult to stick to players after the ultimate.

I like the comments going around with landing bola shot allows rengar to leap to target.

Honestly, all those stats on bone tooth are useless.... the only good ones is leap range and the 14 stack one.... but getting the 14 stack and maintaining it in high level play is either going to take too long or just wont even see it happen.

I honestly, I am very upset with riot...they even took out his tank potential with his Ferocity battle roar does not give extra armor/magic resist.

I honestly feel riot just doesn't care anymore not about rengar.... but there clearly much more stronger champs out there that have stealth problems right now and way more damage than rengar.

NA Darklarik

12-28-2013

so, where is the new thread?

sw48

12-28-2013

I actually think that Rengar doesn't need a rework. With 3.14, the size reduction of the brush patches means there aren't as many bushes to jump out of. Also, I pretty much never see him built assassin anymore. Assassin Rengar just doesn't seem to fit into a team comp anymore in my opinion.

Forgive me if I didn't really make valid points; I actually don't own Rengar, and I'm actually in Bronze. I really enjoy Rengar however, and jump to him whenever he was free. If I could, I would buy him. I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Talohmiir

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Just a heads up - gonna be focused on making tweaks that jive with preseason (especially on BTN) and likely making a new thread cause this one's suuuuper long already. You can expect a more updated/centralized discussion next week, along with our thoughts on where he's headed and what we can do to get things closer.

I'll be the first to admit that some of you are right in what you've identified feels kind of 'meh' on the kit posted - R mechanic has been testing well, but has a lot of feedback/satisfaction issues to players unfamiliar with it. Increasing clarity here and really pushing it to be the most awesome Rengar ult it can be is top priority for me.

Be on the lookout for the upcoming thread, where we'll have everything up to date. I appreciate all of the voices here - supportive or dissenting - you're all helping us accomplish a better Knifecat for everyone.
I think we need to get this new thread moving.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4153544

There, now a much shorter thread that we can discuss how Rengar's new iteration and BTN are coming for preseason and season 4.

Dusksaur

12-28-2013

shouldn't this be in champion feedback?

Purrified

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusksaur View Post
Now that you mention...

Talohmiir

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusksaur View Post
I believe this thread originated in GD, so that is why I started the new one there as well. Try searching for the name of this thread in Champion Feedback and you will not find it... or at least I didn't. So GD roots is why I posted the new one there.

Scarizard has been good at commenting when he sees a lot of Rengar discussion, and as of late has jumped back on. My hope is that the new thread will draw his attention. Either way, he is right, this one is way to long, so jump over to the new one and leave your thoughts on the Rework to both Rengar and the BTN.

Radosmoi

01-01-2014

The fact that Rengar can only jump out of bushes isn't that good.
-There are quite some places where there are no bushes to jump from.
-Maybe we can buff Rengar's passive so he gets a free jump (unseen predator buff) every 14/10/7 seconds
(as if he went into a brush but not really going into one)
The ability to jump from anywhere you want would kinda be nice and add to Rengar's mobility, might really help the game and help get kills

Kevinxsenpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2014

I didn't like these changes when they first came out, back when assasin Rengar was what everyone hated. Though, these W buffs please my tangar~

Steamcario

01-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinxsenpai View Post
I didn't like these changes when they first came out, back when assasin Rengar was what everyone hated. Though, these W buffs please my tangar~
trust me, given how strong tankgar is now W will not get buffed like that. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ended up nerfed now.