A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garfunkelis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

A couple of things:

Please, before this rework comes out, fix the bugs that occur with Rengar. If you try to ult and prepare your Q before hand, you get locked out of your Q for a good 1-2 minutes until you can stack your ferocity to 5 again -- WITH W AND E, which have large cooldowns if you don't prioritize them. This has happened in 7/9 of my last rengar games, super frustrating that I can't get at least 1 more kill since I can't use my major source of damage.

Notes on rengar:
I find trading in lane really lack-luster. If I try to harrass with Leap+Q, i get destroyed by minions. I don't recall losing so badly in a trade with any other Physical damage top laner. I feel like if I trade 1 Q, I lose about 200 hp with only 1 auto-attack from the other guy just cause of how much damage minions damage do. Maybe small bump to armor? I don't think he should be punished so heavily by minions of all things just because I'm playing in terms of what his playstyle is.

There are also times when I'm in bushes, chasing someone, and I'm slowed but the person is IN the circle, but I can't jump because i'm just too slow or something. Not sure if this is a bug or just particles not lining up exactly.

I like his style as a Surprise assassin. There is counterplay as there is with eve: pinks or oracles and he does get severely gimped if he can't land his combo correctly.

Darkened Zephyr

07-16-2013

I like the ideas and all. Can't judge yet until I play it for myself, but I'm interested about talking about the whole "Using his ultimate giving a global VO."

So when he casts his Ultimate, its gonna be doing the global "Listen" or "Focus" correct? Sounds fun.

And I also want to talk about the event between Rengar and Kha'zix, is anything gonna be changing between this at all? With the idea of how Bonetooth is getting worked around with. And will Rengar be doing a global VO when he uses his ultimate vs a stealthed Kha'zix? I would love to hear a global "I see you, wretched creature!" or "I found you, beast!"

Would strike more fear into the Kha'zix.

Shad Croly

07-16-2013

What if Bonetooth Necklace, on top of getting scaling stats with kills/level ups, it worked a bit like Viktor's power core? You could upgrade it to provide a bonus to his various abilities to better build him the way you wanted him to be played, be it in lane or in the jungle.

Let me give an example, something that's probably overpowered, but gives you an idea of what I'm getting at:

The bonetooth necklace gives half the ferocity bonus of the different abilities constantly, while using the ability at full ferocity gives the full bonus as normal.

So, let's say you were in lane and you needed some extra protection to better trade with your opponent. You could upgrade the necklace to boost your W to give you more defensive stats or a mini heal for a sustain, while using your normal ferocity bonus on your Q for more damage. If you wanted to jungle and gank, you might use it on your Q for better ganking damage while using your normal ferocity bonus on your E to hold the enemy down enough to kill them.

Now, again, this is probably horribly overpowered, because I honestly haven't played Rengar as much as I should have, but it would give people the variety to play Rengar as they see fit, giving him flexibility. Some want to see him in the jungle, some want to see him in lane, but this might give the option for both play styles.

aces2kj

Recruiter

07-16-2013

Rengar should be an assasin not a duelist riot pls dont nerf his burst

LastEscapist

07-16-2013

Shouldn't you fix Karma first?

Raithfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Additionally, Enemies will hear Voice Over on activation if they are in Rengar's sight range when he casts Thrill of the Hunt
I could be in a minority here, but I dislike having counterplay based upon auditory cues. League is a game that has never really depended upon being able to hear it, and a lot of people listen to music while playing, etc. Plus, there's the issue of people who just flat out /can't/ hear, etc.

I would prefer a visual cue as to when Rengar has ulted. Maybe something like Warwick's blood scent or whatever, so that I can see and identify when I'm in danger as opposed to hoping I can hear it.

FlareKR

07-16-2013

You guys still nerfed him to hell. He's at near Shaco-Useless levels

Hyde from Darius

07-16-2013

I feel that if you do this, you will kill my favorite champion :<

Rengar is all about the feel of being able to instagib an enemy squishy, taking that away from them just ruins him.

Changing his damage output to sustained damage as opposed to quick bursty damage kinda moves away from the whole hunter thing. A hunter attacks his prey when they least expect it and goes for the kill. A hunter does not jump in front of a bear with a knife and attempt to deal sustained damage to it, it's ****ing stupid as **** and is entirely unnatural.

I am very upset by these proposed changes to my favorite champion

ln My Jawwdinz

07-16-2013

Please don't change Rengar. Please dont Riot WTF. I carry so hard in gold1 with him. Stop LISTENING TO NOOBS COMPLAINING.

edit: play Rengar and carry some games before you change him. He is perfect. Not OP not UP. Balanced. DOnt **** him up

There is a diamond1 who mains rengar.. srsly dont fck him up riot

LastEscapist

07-16-2013

Inb4 Scarizard makes Rengar a poke tank support or whatever the anthesisi of him is.
-----------
For true Karma