A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R3volver

12-10-2013

Bola strike on rengar as a skill shot? no please.

Brinstal

12-10-2013

Bounty Hunter would be great addition, without any doubt.

Conservation does not fit well his theme, and it is generating more gold than Bounty Hunter - which is a problem for Rengar, but I will explain why.

To put Conservation is completely unfair with those who are paying for a Spirit Stone. Spirit Stone does not have any immediate benefit aside from more damage in any monster. But Rengar, when buying Bonetooth Necklace (only paying 100g more), has Attack Damage, potential for snowballing - and bonus damage as it has a Machete in its recipe.

So yes... Bounty Hunter is fair enough for him and everyone else, and it may bring some useful gold on lane too if you want to build it.

Now it is my turn to ask about something:

Is Bonetooth going to maintain the Maim passive?
His sustain is poor. If you decide to heal, you will slow down your clear and will receive more damage than using Empowered Savagery.

Is Bonetooth going to heal on kill? We already have Dangerous Game and Feast, I know, but...

Is Savagery going to have another passive in order to increase its damage for every subsequent Savagery or Empowered Savagery?
Some people suggested a bleeding status or even armor reduction, and I heard something about a stackable (max of 2) debuff after a Empowered Savagery that would increase the damage dealt by the next one.

Rengar is not as resilient as many top tier. He is frail. Is there any possibility to return Battle Roar to an Attack Damage debuff or to have both but the debuff affecting neutral only (even for a small value)? If not, is it possible to change its bonus as Empowered Battle Roar does not give any?
I mean, something like 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 bonus Armor and Magic Resistance. I think it is fair enough.

That is all I have to ask. Thank you

@Edit: Is the Bonetooth Necklace going to stack on neutral?

R3volver

12-10-2013

Bola strike on rengar as a skill shot? no please.

ToneMapode

12-10-2013

Hi Scarizard,

I do not like the idea of adding Bounty Hunter to BTN for the fact that Rengar will be balanced around the item. It seems that this would ensure it is a MUST buy on him, cause without it, he may feel weak. I would imagine TF is balanced around his passive, so I would assume the same for Rengar with BTN, whether he gets it or no. I could be completely wrong here, but could you clarify this please?

Additionally, how would this work with the season 4 changes of only being allowed 1 gold income item?

Thanks,

ToneMapode

12-10-2013

Scarizard,

I do not like the idea of adding Bounty Hunter to BTN for the fact that Rengar will be balanced around the item. It seems that this would ensure it is a MUST buy on him, cause without it, he may feel weak. I would imagine TF is balanced around his passive, so I would assume the same for Rengar with BTN, whether he gets it or no. I could be completely wrong here, but could you clarify this please?

Additionally, how would this work with the season 4 changes of only being allowed 1 gold income item?

Thanks,

olipops

12-10-2013

Yes please, I feel that the BTN would not be complete without bounty hunter passive.

olipops

12-10-2013

slap on bounty hunter on BTN and go ahead and push that wild kitty to the PBE

olipops

12-10-2013

You've kept us waiting long enough Scarizard!!!

CrazyKracker

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
I would suggest something along the lines of this,changing BTN to be upgraded into two different items, one for laning and one for jungling. This way both jungle rengars and lane rengars can still both make use of it.

This way the jungling upgrade can have bounty hunter, and the laning version can have other stats (such as ad, armor pen etc...) which are more favorable to laning.

Parapsychology

12-10-2013

It sounds to me like riot wants to make BTN's lackluster rework sounds appetizing (Bounter Hunter Passive).

Is this REALLY what we want? More gold income? Does this truly address the major underlying issues surrounding Rengar? This passive will only further increase the gap between skilled/not so skilled Rengars out there.

This passive only works if you are doing well. Say a lane Rengar is falling behind his opponent. How does this passive help at all? He gets some extra gold off kills and assists.. but top lane rarely has more than 1 champion at top, with occasional ganks from jungler/mid. The isolated Rengar at top lane doesn't benefit at all from this passive if he's behind. Only snowball rengar's benefit. So riot, to answer the qestion. No. I think this is a terrible excuse to just kick the can down the road. Nothing is addressed if all you are doing is shoving more gold revenue down our throats but not changing any numbers.