A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

12-09-2013

Have a laning BTN & a jungling BTN.

Talohmiir

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Have a laning BTN & a jungling BTN.
Kinda like Viktor has different Cores? You maybe on to something. But I didn't think they wanted to do that again.

Fishing Boat

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
It sounds good, as long as that doesn't interfere with BTN becoming a strong item on its own. ALSO I LOVE YOU SKARIZARD ROCKET KAT GO FORTH

Furi Kuri

12-09-2013

Hes still trying to karma Rengo lel.

NIKOLOPOLO

12-09-2013

Great My lovely cat is no longer assassin he is ****in bruiser. Thank you Riot for your answers and for your help and thx for not listening the players.

NIKOLOPOLO

12-09-2013

Great he is no longer assassin thx riot and f@ ck you

Hamut

12-09-2013

Just a quick response to the idea of adding 1g per minion kill (and more per monster kill) in order to make the item viable on lane Rengar. The fundamental issue with BTN is that if it's just better than other items Rengar's kit has to be balanced around it and if it's just worse then Rengar just never buys it. So how do you make it work? The only way to make it work is to make it a niche item (think sword of the divine, runnan's hurricane, or lich bane), in other words make it better than other items IN SPECIFIC CASES but worse in more general cases. The reason to make BTN a jungleing item is in order to give it a niche (jungling only) so that it can be better at that niche. Adding a minion gold passive to it would increase its overall power level meaning it would either be unbalanced (bad for the game) or some other part of it would have to be weakened. Furthermore, if we want to keep the stacking nature of the item it already has this problem (too strong and you always build it to get ahead and stay ahead, too weak and you never build it because it can't help you get ahead unless you're already winning) so we don't want to make it any worse in the default case.

KnifeLion

12-09-2013

Quote:
SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
So great to finally get an update. Getting bonuses for collecting bounties (shutdown gold) might be cool as well

Insanities Eye

12-09-2013

Quote:
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

Well I do like the bounty hunter part to it now think of the new E skill shot, and the double activate on the ult to turn him invisible for a short while....Actually, Skarizard, is the ult mechanic I just talked about already implemented, or was that just a suggestion, because I remember reading the post you made a long while back describing this, but everyone has been posting about how rengar can't invis anymore. I dont know if you took it out or not, can you elaborate? Also, fully ranked can rengar spam his W and E a little more than live, or have you upped the CD in order to balance out the "Q-train?"

Insanities Eye

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makattack X View Post
Wait what about us who play top lane Rengar and don't need the Jungle gold ????
I am just wondering 0_o
best not to complain, it just means more gold when you start to win your lane and steamroll your lane