A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plusultra

11-23-2013

Can you tell us anything about rengar's new skin?

Parapsychology

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishywtf View Post
If he was to get back into challegener or was in challenger it wouldn't be because of Rengar he's playing different champs now

Oh really? Do you even know what you're talking about? Sounds to me like you don't. Sounds to me like youre just pulling stuff out of your behind to sound like you know what you are talking about. GO SEARCH NINFANG right now and tell me he isn't challenger with Rengar still as his main. Rengar is fine where he is. If riot has Rengar listed as an Assassin, why are people trying to say he's a bruiser? #leaguelogic

ScubaDivingPoop

11-23-2013

Quote:
If he was to get back into challegener or was in challenger it wouldn't be because of Rengar he's playing different champs now
He plays a few champs but hes most known for his rengar and will most likely play it if give the chance. Look at his match history he has 2 Rengar games all the way at the bottom.

JohnnySchwan

11-24-2013

Quote:
He still plays Rengar 100% of the time if he can. At that elo people are banning Rengar or picking him more often(bjergsen for example always bans rengo, while dyrus has been playing it more often). In those matches he'll play Riven/Jayce/Darius, but if Rengar is left open he will take it.

Also just wanted to add that I'm about 50/50 on the changes proposed so far, but a lot of the complaining about how OP he is just seems ridiculous. What assassin isn't going to instagib you if you get caught out by them? At least if teammates are near you there is a high probability that you will trade 1 for 1 due to Rengar most likely having ulted to get the jump on you. If it were a Zed or Fizz they'd kill you and most likely escape due to their higher mobility.

Troy242621

11-24-2013

Honestly, with the jungle the way it is now, Rengar is nothing short of a jungle carry after he gets a couple kills. Hell, I went 2:2 early game last game and ended 25:5. Thing is,...Riot, I really hope you aren't nerfing his burst TOO much.

I recall your reasoning being it lacked counterplay. Alright, I can see how a 400 lbs predator flying at you knives blazing out of nowhere could leave a little more to be desired, but you have TWO WAYS of going about this. Either making it so that his ult doesn't fly out of nowhere,or lower his burst. It sounds like you DID make his ultimate a little less "SURPRISE DEATHCAT INC." so that leaves me the worry. Did you double dip into the "Let's add counterplay" pool like Olaf's rework originally did?

I REALLY want to avoid an accusatory tone here. I really love how Olaf turned out, and I use him all the time, too. Hell, he's almost a jungle carry himself after a few kills, and he had a similar "No CC affects me, and high speed with huge burst and a spammable permaslow slow, have fun countering that" problem. I am confident you'll do us Rengar mains proud. I just wanted to give you something to think about. His burst isn't really unreasonable.

I'll explain that a bit. His burst really isn't that amazingly huge as it looks unless he's unfathomably fed. His burst is huge because, there is very little windows of opportunity to stop him. He'll ult, leap onto you then gib you to pieces in about 3 seconds. However, with his ult having the changes that it has, that's no longer the case. The only sticking power Rengar has is a decaying slow, unless he wants to sacrifice his burst (Which makes the Time to Kill substantially lower). This being the case, he DOES have sticking problems, which is why I build Phage (And eventually Trinity Force) on him. With the ult changes, for him to actually REACH the maximum burst potential, he has to stick to them, which WILL be harder now. So, if you touch his burst, PLEASE don't go overboard. Inadvertently, his REALISTIC bursting capability already been lowered.

Death5troke

11-25-2013

I think you should make his passive give 1 ferocity until you use 5 or die. So you cant just go in bush jump on a minion 5 times.

Rengo Tactics

11-25-2013

Name:  saverengo.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  560.0 KB

I'll post my opinions on certain matters tomorrow maybe, I'm about to crash and have to be up early tomorrow.

Sachel Page

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengo Tactics View Post
Attachment 839025

I'll post my opinions on certain matters tomorrow maybe, I'm about to crash and have to be up early tomorrow.

Scarizard please update us when you can we have faith but I must admit me personally I'm a little worried we have not heard anything for awhile now.

NicolasWasTaken

11-26-2013

I doubt we get any more news until this preseason nonsense is over. >_>

ScubaDivingPoop

11-28-2013

And the sad part is i can guarantee that the last finalized details of the rework were made without the consideration of the preseason changes. Brush changes, bonetooth being a jungle item without gold income benefits. In general it it feels like they are forcing rengar out of the jungle in his current state. I can no longer run 21 - 9 - 0 masteries with a dorans blade like i did S3. Now its either start hunter machete and go defense tree or get your ass kicked by jungle monsters and become super vulnerable in the jungle.