A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azurasha

11-21-2013

Sometime in S4, don't rush it or they will pull another Olaf "buff".

RakshirX

11-21-2013

I am increasingly against the proposed changes. Another concern that appeared today - the jungle rework diminished the size of many bushes, which ultimately nerfs Rengar even more, squashing the advantage of his passive down even further. Is there any compensatory alterations planned to deal with this?

arwingflyer98

11-21-2013

As I read more and more of the comments, this rework kinda does look like it's changing Rengar to a bruiser and making assassin Rengar obsolete. Bruiser is fine, sure, but assassin just seems better in terms of lore, kit *potential* (meaning his Q burst, however nerfed it may become), and his ult. The current buffs that Rengar is receiving only contains one that actually looks helpful to an assassin(new ult), and the rest of the buffs or nerfs just seem to make Rengar run solely as a bruiser. I just hope that I'm wrong...

EDIT: Also, what's the point of giving Bonetooth Necklace changes for jungling when he will only be able to go tank jungle? Rengar isn't really good for tank as far as I know. Assassin. Bruiser. Maybe support? Go ahead, but tank doesn't really look right, regardless of what his W can and will do. Also, bruiser jungler doesn't really work on Rengar in my experience, so IMO that's out of the question.

Tsuusetsu

11-21-2013

[QUOTE=Azurasha;43187259]Sometime in S4, don't rush it or they will pull another Olaf "buff".[/QUOTE

Lets hope so. Olaf is stronger now then he has been in a year or two. He is seen competativly as a great top lane bully and a top tier jungler. If rengar gets this treatment his numbers may look nerfed like olaf's did, but he will indeed be stronger.

NA Darklarik

11-21-2013

So, any word on when we can see him in PBE? Any Update? Numbers? I mean, the Skarner rework already had some time in pbe and all his numbers are up. Can we get a Rengar update? I feel like hes unwanted and seconded, considering how broken his kit in live is right now, i think he should be prioritised.

ScubaDivingPoop

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishywtf View Post
Old Rengar was never able to achieve Challenger without multicast bug, that's how Ninfang got there.
Ninfang / Ryan Choi got challenger multiple time even after getting kicked out. He actually got challenger again this week and Multicast has been fixed for a while now.

SPARTAN 111

11-22-2013

Riot please keep his bola as a targetted attack, when you put your color in colorblind mode the crosshairs turn yellow as you lock on to an enemy, and it matches with the 5 fury stacks-yellow color along with your health bar, it's really awesome!

Parapsychology

11-22-2013

Riot you really hurt Rengar with this new brush rework... Can you please fix this?

I think the best way is to increase the range of leap to 700 which upgrades with btn to 850 and/or give Rengar true sight of the area that becomes highlighted while he is in brush, Rengar has LOST a lot of incentive to use brush for fights and engages/disengages =(

P.S. A hunter should know where his victims are... I mean hunters stalk their prey... they sense them.. they smell them.

Riot... you spoke that you want to DECREASE the range of Rengar's leap potential from BTN.. Rengar is slowly becoming trash tier.. WHY?!

arwingflyer98

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyChessecake1 View Post
With all due respect, intsagibbing a target in 1-3 seconds is what an assassin does. Sustained damage over time is what a carry does. The purpose of an assassin is to kill isolated targets quickly before help arrives. Talon, Akali, Leblanc, Diana, Evelynn, Fizz, and many other champions (including even champions not assigned the assassin label) do this rather readily either with spammable spells or damage heavy combos, often incorporating stealth into their kits. Making Rengar's damage pan out over 5-6 seconds does not make him an assassin, it makes him a fighter. And in order to be a fighter, he needs to have some more tanky elements, else he'll never win a duel. (Personally, I'd rather have a squishy Rengar and have the burst than a bruiser Rengar.) In my honest opinion, you CANNOT make Rengar's damage spread out over a longer time and still say, "Rengar is an assassin." In order to do his job, he needs instagib potential just like all other assassins.
I know this is an older post, but regardless, it's still remains a very important point, and I feel as though I should express my concerns for assassin Rengar further based on this.

Fishywtf

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDivingPoop View Post
Ninfang / Ryan Choi got challenger multiple time even after getting kicked out. He actually got challenger again this week and Multicast has been fixed for a while now.
If he was to get back into challegener or was in challenger it wouldn't be because of Rengar he's playing different champs now