A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious117 View Post
You're hopeless....

Watch the video, and cry after realizing how little you know.

I'd say record it cause it would be amusing, but I just really don't care what you have to say anymore, you're obviously stuck in your lack of knowledge and are never coming out of your bubble anyways.

AND LIKE THAT YOU'VE LOST ME!

If you're not triple Qing in game then you're not one shotting about 98% of the champs in this game, if played by a decent player ofc.

So I can't really take your opinion seriously if you expect em to believe this.

With the changes to Rengar's Q he'll be able to "Q Train" people.

Basically the damage on his empowered Q is being reduced a bit and the AS steroid on it is being removed, then in turn the CD is being reduced on both Qs and now when you use the empowered Q you get 3 stacks of ferocity.

This means that you can go Q2-Q-W-Q2-E-Q-Q2-etc, just constantly using your Qs on a target.
You're genuinely stupid. Riot even has Rengar listed as an Assassin for a primary role. I watched the video before I first replied, and it is misguided. You just keep putting your hands over your ears and pretend Rengar is a bruiser. You said yourself, Rengar can one shot people if you triple Q. What kind of bruiser can do that -__-? If that is your idea of a bruiser, thank God you have no input in game balance.

arwingflyer98

Recruiter

11-18-2013

@Vicarious117
I understand that you have your own perspective on how Rengar should be played, and with that being said, but some (like me) find Assassin Rengar to be the best playstyle for him. I've played him both ways, tried many different builds and playstyles for him, and I concluded based on my own perspective and opinions that Assassin Rengar is the best, but I'm not going to force other people to believe this. Please don't diss other people for their opinions, because I am always looking forward to returning to this discussion page for positive feedback and updates on this rework rather than anger and misunderstanding.

ScubaDivingPoop

11-18-2013

Quote:
AND LIKE THAT YOU'VE LOST ME!

If you're not triple Qing in game then you're not one shotting about 98% of the champs in this game, if played by a decent player ofc.

So I can't really take your opinion seriously if you expect em to believe this.
Your statement makes no sense and that how i know you have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that you think the opportunity to Triple Q once you hit 6 is always there is flawed. Unless you are walking around with 3+ Ferocity stacks saved up 100% of the times throughout the entire game that opportunity might not present itself. I don't always Triple Q Because its not even necessary most of the times. When a team fight breaks out i might not have the luxury to ulti and wait 4 seconds for my ferocity to rebuild while my team is getting stomped on. That's why you're silver and I've been a jungle Rengar main since release in plat 2 and climbing (No offense to your lack of skill and knowledge though cause I'm in no way the best). And please stop spamming every single Rengar thread with your opinion and that stupid video you keep telling people to watch.

And just so you have some numbers to play with
Damage output with 150AD
Double Savagery(Q) = 750damage
2 - 4 auto-attacks(150) = 300 - 600damage
lvl5 Bola(E) = 345damage
lvl2 Battle Cry(W) = 80damage
Max damage output = 1475damage - 1775damage
depending on how many AA's you land (2-6) other damage factors like teammates, ignite, item actives, and red buff not included

Damage Reduction from Armor
Average Armor of ADC's at level 13 is around 65 armor with 1350hp for 40% damage reduction
8% ArPen(8% of 65 = 5) + 5 ArPen from Masteries + 5 ArPen from Runes + 10 ArPen from brut = 20 ArPen
ADC left with around 40 armor for 30% Reduction
Damage Range = 1033 - 1243
Most ADC's dont have over 1400 HP around that level so with double Q you're already getting 90% of their max HP without factoring Teammates, Hydra(150), Ignite(310), Redbuff(68), or if the target is already at 80-90% health or below.

But those are all situational numbers and this is just an example to prove how dumb you are for saying Double Q doesn't do enough damage. Please get your facts straight before you start calling people out and making uninformed claims about a champion you clearly know nothing about. Also feel free to make a video of you in game using Triple Q every-time you have ulti up for 100% of the games durations after hitting level 6.

meds

11-18-2013

Quote:
Seen that video you keep mentioning, the guy who made it is misinformed. Not to mention no one even knows about him making it all the more sketchy that you would be following it so intensely.

What i don't get it why would Rengar be trying to one shot 98% of the champs when 98% of the champs include Tanks, Bruisers. I've seen enough Rengars in D1 to know you cant always Triple Q nor do you need to. I've played against Ryan Choi the only rengar Main to ever hit challenger

http://www.twitch.tv/ninfang/b/461350810.
Watch his first game, he didn't triple Q once and still did his job melting vayne and xerath(who btw has high armor passive).

Parapsychology

11-18-2013

Have you guys seen the new mastery calculator for s4??

I have a major problem with the offense tree. It seems to cater to hybrid champions (who are already on the strong side of the tier list) with the armor pen/magic pen as a single mastery, feast and frenzy both seem lackluster. As a Rengar main, I don't see that much synergy from this tree. But I see akali and jax benefiting greatly from this setup.

Something in this tree seems to jump out at every champion type, except ad assassins.

Steamcario

11-18-2013

S4 rengar will need 21 defense tree anyways.

Assassin rengar is pretty much how you have to build him to be good. hydra + BC more or less. I build it every game even though I always preferred bruiser rengar from a playstyle standpoint. I think post rework he won't be so much of an assassin anymore. Probably BoRK + ghostblade + relevant tanky items. I think triforce tank will be good on him as well but the build path is very suboptimal for rengar's early/mid game.

SUB H3RO

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamcario View Post
S4 rengar will need 21 defense tree anyways.

Assassin rengar is pretty much how you have to build him to be good. hydra + BC more or less. I build it every game even though I always preferred bruiser rengar from a playstyle standpoint. I think post rework he won't be so much of an assassin anymore. Probably BoRK + ghostblade + relevant tanky items. I think triforce tank will be good on him as well but the build path is very suboptimal for rengar's early/mid game.
I sure hope not, although he'll have more utility, more of an assassin then ever (besides the whole Q dmg reduction) after this goes live, although the bonetooth could be boosted a little more knowing the bushes are changing in season 4, but all in all he will be more fun to play with the new ult ms% and cooldown in my opinion

Steamcario

11-19-2013

much less of an assassin with his burst dropping considerably... higher utility makes him more bruisery. Sustained damage is possibly higher, lower AS boost but lower CDs across the board. the Q change basically lets rengar keep triple Q but spreads it out (but he gets to use it a looooot more). Rengar will probably still be stupid in lane because of W. it's a resourceless spell that deals magic damage/buffs defenses/sometimes heals him. Remember pre damage nerf W? picture that but with a lower CD also. Maybe he'll max Q IDK, I've always hated maxing Q because it makes him 100% one dimensional. currently I max E but that'll no longer be a good option in lane :L

Fishywtf

11-20-2013

LOL actually you guys, this new rework is going to be quite broken. Bruiser Rengar is actually more viable in the current state than assassin for the point being that one does not instantly die from team fight stuns and also maintain abnormal damage from 3x Q. Look over his kit, it's not assassin... it's just bad ratios and weird ferocity abuse! He has a utility kit; initiating, slowing, bonus defense stats, and 1 main power source. Bruiser Rengar can already assassinate squishy targets with 3x Q aka Q-Train; damage items being Bonetooth and BOTRK, believe it or not.

IF with 40% CDR at level 18; following the new stats on Lolwiki.
Q = 3.6 CD, W = lower than 6.6 CD(new decreased CD), E = 4.8

Being able to Q2(3 Fer.), Q(4 Fer.), E(5 Fer.), Q2(3 Fer.), W(4 Fer.), *Q should be off CD considering if during the cycle you had AA in between* Q(5 Fer.), Q2 (3 Fer.), *E should be off CD considering if during the cycle you had AA in between also*, E(4 Fer.)... wait for W to go off CD which should be soon along with Q again. Q2/W2/E2!The train is gonna steam roll! CHOOOO CHOOOO

Most Q4 EMPs abilities used in ~5 sec window or a bit less is 4. ~5-6 regular abilities.

If 2 Rengars (new + old) were to build full AD, O.Rengar could still 3x Q, and they both had to put out the most damage in a ~5-6 sec window, the new Rengar would surpass(not by much). The N.Rengar would be able to use 4 EMP. Qs and the old could probably pull off 3 EMP Qs at most with only 1 cycle of abilities being used, but correct me if I'm wrong.

If kids would just do the math on this there would not be an argument to keep the old Rengar. Old Rengar was never able to achieve Challenger without multicast bug, that's how Ninfang got there. The new Rengar has the potential reason being is that he will have more sustain and damage output allowing for a better team fight.

CikiCikiBooM

11-21-2013

when rengar got rework?