A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trading Aces

11-02-2013

I've been thinking and thinking about it, I've played a few games, and I now feel as if this rework should not happen. He's an assassin. He almost instantly kills squishies. But how does that make anything toxic? There's massive amounts of cc in this game and the moment Rengar decides to leap any of the squishy's teammates can start a counterattack. 500% AD in 2 seconds is overkill, but what about AP bursters that MOW down teams or that can assassinate even more cleanly than Rengar? Look at Fizz for example; he has invulnerability and a 1:1 ratio on his ult. A good Fizz could waltz right through a team and just 2 shot that squishy in about the same time Rengar could. Unlike Rengar, however, his movement through the team would initiate the fight causing a plausible enough amount of confusion so that he could survive and continue to nuke, OR if he desired, he could simple use Zhonya's and stand invincible till his invincibility move comes off CD. Now tell me, is Rengar still "toxic"?

Dead x lMau5

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 111 View Post
Well Rengar's an assasin. If you're a skilled assassin, you won't be running into 5 enemies unless your team is already fighting and/or you have a clear idea on how you will kill their adc. It really depends on how your team laned against the enemy, and how you, being Rengar, ganked lanes to help your team get more gold. There are a lot of factors you have to put in here, but all & all I think his new kit (everything except maybe his skillshot-bola) will make him a great addition to the new S4 junglers.
Blah blah blah.

MasterWaheed

11-03-2013

bump
When is this coming out.
I feel like Rengar needs buffs…not these nerfs
IMO Rengar is fine, he has awesome burst and he is HIGH RISK/high reward.

Akorvyr

11-03-2013

i dont understand how people discuss like this

SUB H3RO

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWaheed View Post
bump
When is this coming out.
I feel like Rengar needs buffs…not these nerfs
IMO Rengar is fine, he has awesome burst and he is HIGH RISK/high reward.
High reward in his own way when it comes to plowing down 1 target, but when Master Yi's rework came out, his reward was just so much more, that's why I think Rengar's around high risk medium reward at the moment. He's got great potential in the jungle with this new kit and I think this will make him a more played champion ( I hope..I mean I've seen like 0 people play Rengar since he became free...)

ScubaDivingPoop

11-08-2013

Seeing as how you are making the bone tooth a jungle item will it also get an update for additional gold income since all the other jungle items are getting it.

Also whats the thought process around the bush reductions around the map. This is overall a huge nerf on rengar especially the river bushes that all you to jump onto minions in bot and top lane. Now that those bushes are moved closer to baron its impossible for rengar to make these leaps. Over all it seems you guys are making his passive even more unless and a rare occurrence. Even the lane bushes being cut into 3 seconds might not necessarily be a buff, because now people can more easily break vision by entering another bush preventing rengar from jumping. How are you going to accommodate this rework to these drastic preseason changes?

Parapsychology

11-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDivingPoop View Post
Seeing as how you are making the bone tooth a jungle item will it also get an update for additional gold income since all the other jungle items are getting it.

Also whats the thought process around the bush reductions around the map. This is overall a huge nerf on rengar especially the river bushes that all you to jump onto minions in bot and top lane. Now that those bushes are moved closer to baron its impossible for rengar to make these leaps. Over all it seems you guys are making his passive even more unless and a rare occurrence. Even the lane bushes being cut into 3 seconds might not necessarily be a buff, because now people can more easily break vision by entering another bush preventing rengar from jumping. How are you going to accommodate this rework to these drastic preseason changes?
Came in just to say how much I agree with the above statements. Taking out leap stealth from passive, reducing leap range from BTN passive, reducing size of brush, lowering Q damage; Riot change Rengar to a fighter and let all Rengar fans refund their skins please. This is a whole new champion.

Vicarious117

11-10-2013

I don't really care that he's being changed, I JUST WANT INFO ON THOSE CHANGES!

It's been ages since we've heard anything, please indulge us Scarizard!

Like the above posters have said, what are your current plans around Rengar's leap now that the bushes have been super nerfed which directly nerfs him extremely hard as a jungler who excels at counter jungling and as a laner in general. Basically Rengar's trading potential and sustain are going to have to be INSANE or else I don't really see Rengar being a viable top. He's not even really viable atm due to all the popular top laners hard countering him, but after these bush changes it'll be even less so.

Also will Rengar's Bonetooth get a gold income stat to it as well? Cause original this change to make bonetooth do more damage to monsters was great news, jungle Rengar's could get this and not have to invest in a jungle item on top of it, but if there is no gold income then why bother getting it if it'll only end up setting you behind? That or Rengar will just be really bad at dueling early game since he'll essentially need to buy two jungle items, one of which doesn't offer much in terms of fighting. Or ofc no one will even bother buying Bonetooth, making the changes pointless.

And his ult.... there has been so many different versions of it spread around the internet none of us have anyway of knowing which is the real one. Will it be only an insane speed boost with no stealth? Will stealth be an activation after the ult itself has been activated? Will there be that same stupid delay on his ult before he gets the speed boost where he has to wait and take everything to the face or else it cancels the ult anyway, giving everyone plenty of time to kill him without much fuss.

Finally, will Rengar have more options open to him after this rework? I mean atm Rengar HAS to play assassin or else is just an extremely subpar version of any other melee champ building the same way. Like will the new Rengar be able to be a straight up tank or even still play as an assassin? Or will he not be tanky enough like now and just be squished no matter what he does, and is damage nerfed so hard that he can't assassinate anymore? Cause I mean Renekton is generally tanky as **** no matter what you do yet he does ridiculous amounts of damage still, opening up the chance to do many different things with him. WIll Rengar be able to do that?

arwingflyer98

11-10-2013

^^This sums up all of my questions.

THUNDERMINE

11-10-2013

Rengar's ult will give him the speed boost and drain all ferocity and after a set amount of seconds of speed boost you are given the option to click your ult again and lose the speed boost but you will go stealth for a few seconds, this is what scardtard posted. I don't like the whole ferocity rework, that pretty much sucks and they nerfed his damage and made his weak bola skillshot.... I have no idea why they are nerfing him this much, all they had to do was make his empowered q not do any extra damage to turrets so he couldn't be a split push boss.