A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trading Aces

10-30-2013

I really can't stand the idea of skill shotting bola;
Minion gets in the way, wooo. Miss.
Fighting in a minion mob? MISS.
Walking up to poke in lane? NOPE, CAUSE THE MINIONS ARE IN THE WAY.
This change will make it annoying as hell to lane since our poke is now useless. It's also detrimental to last hitting.
Not really confident in this new Rengar...
Longer kill time DOES equate to doing less damage. This is a result of our being incapable of either surviving or staying on the mark. To remedy the first we have to build survivability.
Goodbye my assassin. You're going to become a really fast moving bruiser. -..-

NIKOLOPOLO

10-31-2013

Well I thought a bit and that's what I think about Rengar's new Q mechanic. Well we all know that emp Q give us 3 Ferocity points kk, than we must use W and E and we've got another emp Q. Now what I want to say. Just count guys how many times we could use Q. So for example we've got 4 ferocity points. We use normal Q and get emp Q. Than we use emp Q and use W>E. After this we use emp Q again. And? After using our second emp Q we have to wait until the Cooldown will end on Rengar's W and E to continue the Q train (as we have to use all his skills quickly to kill the enemy). And if i am not wrong the cooldown will take 2-3 seconds(as for me it's too much and our enemy will have a lot of time to do something). So we've got 3Q and less dmg from them. And it's worse than that what we have now. So if this true, we will have a great Rengar nerf that they called rework(which to me must have buffs and changes not nerfs). So what do you think community?

psloan

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Spartan, i've already posted about the reasons why this was put on hold and that it's not super far out. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop bumping this until i add more relevant information for you - the only news i have is the same news, which is that Preseason testing and changes have taken massive priority and i'm switching back to primarily Rengar once that's all said and done.

I dig the enthusiasm, but bumping every day with multiple posts per page isn't going to make it come any faster. Once Preseason is Live however, there'll be a ton more to share.

For some additional context for 3.13, the team and i felt that it was a change that in isolation makes the experience better for players against Rengar right now, and pushing it is better than forcing people to wait for his rework to be completed.
you ever seen the movie shaw shank redemption? ...of course you have ...everyone has ...remember the part where he finally gets his books for his library and they ask him not to send any more letters?

well i think Spartan is just gonna do what Andy did....send 2 letters from now on..be prepared

SUB H3RO

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by psloan View Post
you ever seen the movie shaw shank redemption? ...of course you have ...everyone has ...remember the part where he finally gets his books for his library and they ask him not to send any more letters?

well i think Spartan is just gonna do what Andy did....send 2 letters from now on..be prepared
Sorry, it's just that it's been 2 weeks since we had any new info, plus I was watching alot of alien vs. predator stuff on tv lately, curiosity killed the spartan I suppose haha

Dead x lMau5

11-01-2013

If you destroy Rengar with your constant nerfing and buffing, do I get my money back for my skin? I bought the skin for the champion as he was. Why should people get screwed over because you don't know wtf to do with the champion? it's like taking 10 dollars out of my wallet, and throwing it in the garbage. Do I get a different skin for a champion of my choice? Do I get my RP back, or do you just not care about the players?

Dead x lMau5

11-01-2013

Here's what I think. If you see the enemy select a rengar. dont play a squish. omg all of your struggles are over. tons of champs with high burst and tank ability. Shyv, Voli, Malphite, rammus just to name a few. Boom done. Rengar is no longer a problem. and your team is that much more valuable. A team with 3 tanks an apc and adc, sounds good to me. Oh and just think of all that cc tanks provide. Stop being a selfish player. There's no problem with rengar, it is your choice to make yourself susceptible to burst. 3 of 5 champs are AD based damage almost every game. Really easy to counter that. Play a tank, get armor and hp. WOOOO THERE YOU GO! we fixed the problem. OR!! you can even be a good player and completely counter him with jax! and then focus rengar for your team! wooot! I guess all it requires is teamwork in a team based game! WHo knew!?

SUB H3RO

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead x lMau5 View Post
Here's what I think. If you see the enemy select a rengar. dont play a squish. omg all of your struggles are over. tons of champs with high burst and tank ability. Shyv, Voli, Malphite, rammus just to name a few. Boom done. Rengar is no longer a problem. and your team is that much more valuable. A team with 3 tanks an apc and adc, sounds good to me. Oh and just think of all that cc tanks provide. Stop being a selfish player. There's no problem with rengar, it is your choice to make yourself susceptible to burst. 3 of 5 champs are AD based damage almost every game. Really easy to counter that. Play a tank, get armor and hp. WOOOO THERE YOU GO! we fixed the problem. OR!! you can even be a good player and completely counter him with jax! and then focus rengar for your team! wooot! I guess all it requires is teamwork in a team based game! WHo knew!?
Well Rengar's an assasin. If you're a skilled assassin, you won't be running into 5 enemies unless your team is already fighting and/or you have a clear idea on how you will kill their adc. It really depends on how your team laned against the enemy, and how you, being Rengar, ganked lanes to help your team get more gold. There are a lot of factors you have to put in here, but all & all I think his new kit (everything except maybe his skillshot-bola) will make him a great addition to the new S4 junglers.

arwingflyer98

11-02-2013

To be honest, I actually like the idea of skillshot bola with increased range. Granted, it's going to be considerably more challenging to use it as lane Rengar, but with the distance it's gaining, I think it's a fair trade. There have been so many occasions where I'm chasing a foe down a lane with absolutely no enemy turrets hoping, just hoping that I can speed up to get in range to toss it. It almost never happens without the aid of Flash, Ghost, or some other MS boost. Also, skillshot bola allows it to be thrown in a bush without facechecking or using your ult to make any nearby enemies visible.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the damage reduction on Q, even though it's only a slight damage reduction. There's also the Emp-Q which is getting a flat-out damage reduction (described without the word "slight"), which is understandable. I guess it isn't a big deal considering the addition of the "Q-train", but a tiny amount of doubt never hurts. Nothing that Sword of the Divine and Infinity Edge can't fix though! =D

EDIT: I also forgot to voice my concerns for the Assassin playstyle due to the Q nerf, but I guess it's going to depend on itemization now. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :P)

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2013

Question!

Since you guys are adding a new item slot just to hold a specific item (trinkets) is there any chance that champions with their own unique items can get that 8th item slot just for theirs? Viktor and Rengar don't want to feel like their own item is holding them back endgame.

Since you're holding off on the Rengar rework till preseason(and since we haven't heard about Viktor in forever) I'm assuming that you might be looking into a system like this.

Troy242621

11-02-2013

-Do you identify Rengar's playstyle as one that would be a particularly good fit in the jungle? What improvements would you like to see be made to help him out?

He belongs in the jungle, in my opinion. Thematically it's obvious, and his kit makes him a godly ganker. His sustain is quite poor overall and pre-6 ganks can be hard if you're against competent players, since they can just ward/avoid the bushes commonly ganked from, and mid is COMPLETELY unreachable unless a minion goes out of line for you to hop to. This leaves you to lane gank either top or bot, (as unless your laner can stun lock them until you are in ebola range, it isn't happening), or just farm to six, if the enemies actively participate in avoiding your ganks. Perhaps if W (OR even ferocity W) gave additional minion/monster damage resistance, his clearing wouldn't be as painful. Just a little would go a long ways in this department.

-What is appealing to you about the defensive boost Rengar receives from Battle Roar? I'd like to change this from just flat Armor and Magic Resistance to something that can be situationally more powerful and makes him less 'meatwall' when he leaps on a target

It helps in duels marginally, but the reason I personally appreciate it is, of course, the sustain. Without it, he'd have weak clears that ALSO force him to back every two minutes. I'v explained earlier why he NEEDS early game ganks (Early game strength, snowballer, etc.)