A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NIKOLOPOLO

10-19-2013

Scarizard I remember you said that Rengar's Q will have 2 stacks that will give him additional damage on a single target. So can you make his first stack be bleeding (which will make that damage that you reduced on his Q or less) and the second stack will give us armor penetration (10% that you removed from the BTN). And sure these stacks will work only on a single target that Rengar will start attack. Maybe his normal Q will give us bleeding and his emp. Q will give us armor penetration. So what do you think about this, Scarizard? And sure what think about this the community? And also if I'm not wrong there aren't any champion (except Noxian) who had bleeding. So maybe you will break this rule and give our lovely Cat this utility?

SUB H3RO

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOLOPOLO View Post
Scarizard I remember you said that Rengar's Q will have 2 stacks that will give him additional damage on a single target. So can you make his first stack be bleeding (which will make that damage that you reduced or on his Q or less) and the second stack will give us armor penetration (10% that you removed from the BTN). And sure these stacks will work only on a single target that Rengar will start attack. Maybe his normal Q will give us bleeding and his emp. Q will give us armor penetration. So what do you think about this, Scarizard? And sure what think about this the community? And also if I'm not wrong there aren't any champion (except Damacian) who had bleeding. So maybe you will break this rule and give our lovely Cat this utility?
Yeah I just hate it when I q my prey and they get out with like 40 hp, this would be a pretty cool utility to have

NIKOLOPOLO

10-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 111 View Post
Yeah I just hate it when I q my prey and they get out with like 40 hp, this would be a pretty cool utility to have
Except Noxian, there is my mistake.((

Troy242621

10-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 111 View Post
I disagree, giving junglers more cashflow in my opinion would be really op, but that's just me. Although if the machete builds into Rengar's bonetooth that would be a step in the right direction for my sake at least knowing I don't usually build jungle items after machete which is pretty stupid I know, but yeah can't wait for these changes!!!
Shaco, Rengar and other non-tank junglers really need more gold >_>.

AerialTemplar

10-20-2013

wel rengar just got destroyed quickly o.o
why don't you make a completely new champ out of him and just give him the Irelia/Evelynn treatment *cough*

SUB H3RO

10-20-2013

I think Riot is doing very well when it comes to making Rengar a very balanced champion, although if his 3 second delay after being hit during his ult is still going to be attached to him, that would be a pretty big let down, I mean I don't think it should ever have been set to 3 seconds in the first place knowing how long his current ult's cooldown is, and now since he has no camo during the ult's prime activation, I wouldn't think of it being that much of a game changer if Riot removed that annoying little 3 second timer that we have to wait for. I think everyone would be happier if it was gone, either that or at least take away the 3 and reduce it to 1.5-2 seconds after taking damage but again, without camo I believe it would be very beneficial if the timer wasn't there, especially if we need to ult in order to get to a wounded enemy and other enemies are trying to attack/CC you.

MobiIe Ward

10-20-2013

I was looking forward to this. But I think I changed my mind. Your reason for wanting to change Rengar other than the noob stomping potential is because you think he is just a faceroll champion that jumps in gets a kill and dies. WHICH IS NOT TRUE!! That's not how he should be played.

To play Rengar skillfully especially when trying to survive a teamfight and kill everybody before your team gets killed takes alot of planning. More so than most champs I've ever played.

This rework is unnecessary.

NicolasWasTaken

10-20-2013

I REALLY hope that they dont gut his emp q, i think most of the rework is cool but if emp q doesnt do significant more damage than normal q then i will completely disagree with the rework.

Brinstal

10-20-2013

Well, the rework is extremely necessary.
Rengar only does well against uncoordinated teams.

By the way, the icon of Savagery is some sort of skin being torn, and Rengar strikes so firmly that some bleeding is expected.

Oh, I have one question: Is it possible to add another version of Rengar on PBE? This one with the previous W (lowering AD), which makes him more resilient. I think some people just hated the old version because they did not have a opportunity to try it.

Some changes looks more interesting on paper, like the Q and E, but some, just playing with, like the old W.

srry for bad englando

SUB H3RO

10-20-2013

I just don't like Rengar's current bola, it's pretty useless in terms of slowing enemies, usually every champ i bola gets away, this occurs mostly at mid lane and bot lane, it's really depressing. Also WHAT IF his empowered roar healed him AND feared every enemy around him? I think that would be SOOOOO cool and it would actually make me feel like the roar isn't just a means of getting an extra fury point or a way of getting a tiny bit of magic resist and armor. 1 more thing, his ENTIRE kit revolves around his Q right now, so PLEASE don't nerf it to oblivion, I don't know what I would do without it's quick damage potential, I would probably go back to playing Kha'Zix, his Q along with his passive is so overpowered, it's insane...