A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beefteck03

10-16-2013

I have read a lot of the riot posts but not all and i would like to voice my opinion on Rengar as i do like to play him.

History about me + rengar
he was on sale, i picked him
i was a really bad rengar but after a few bot games got better, now i cant imagine playing any other top laner. i like the feel of hunting enemies. i have never posted on the forms before but i felt this thread was too important to not take advantage of.

How i feel about the changes.
In general i like that the abilities will scale from level rather then point in said ability

Q:
i welcome the q-train as it is called over the op triple q
i think it triple q is too op.
the new q changes add more of a skillcap and provide more options
while not being too op.

W:
not much to say here is good, nice heal
increase in ar/mr is effected by the number of enemies hit
champions providing a larger bonus then minions

E:
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A SKILL SHOT (if you take one thing away from my post let it be this and the following)
E is used to slow enemies so u can catch up (after you burst and they decide to run). If his becomes a skill shot this might become harder to do especially if there is a minion wave. (i imagine this will be a lot like mundo's cleaver), at the same if you decide this skill shot will only effect champion it take away rengars long range farm capabilities in case he is bullied out of lane (malphite). I dont mind if the range stays the same it would be op if rengar can harass for afar while not taking any in return.

tldr; dont make this a skillshot although i wouldnt mind as changes to slow/ range a long as they are deemed fair

R:
i have seen a lot of post about the hate to changes to R. i personally think that maybe we could do some thing with audio like all ppl within the reviel range hear rengar taunt them (this was a cool idea and not mine but i do like it alot) and as rengar is withing a certain distance of enemy champions they hear brushs rustling or heavy breathing and the lower the enemies health percentage the louder the breathing. although not a big fan of the icon over head although if was final i wouldnt mind if the detection distance was 150x or around (they have fair warning but they still get stabbed)the leap range.

Bonetooth neckless: (speaking for a top lane rengar point of view)
maybe built out of cloth + hunter + x gold. As top rengar i usually buy cloth armor + 5 pots and not many defense items after it would be nice if something happened to that cloth armor rather then me selling it or keeping it in my inventory till end game to build a single defense item

thanks for reading i know it is a lot and it would mean a lot to me if you took some of these ideas into consideration

SPARTAN 111

10-16-2013

Yeah I like the the whole idea of heavy breathing down people's neck when Rengar Ults, but personally I would like it a little more if there were drums that got more intense the longer the ult has been in effect, but yeah I'd just like if we had a little more news about when or if Rengar will be released to the PBE soon, every time I look for news on Reign Of Gaming, I always get disappointed when Rengar isn't there :C

SPARTAN 111

10-16-2013

Bump!!!

NewDudeOverThere

10-17-2013

so it's possible for the new rengar to come out after heimer and xerath is on live?? i know that there is no promise but it still is awesome

The FireWater

10-18-2013

Didnt' read it all, but from what I did read it looks pretty good.
I like the ult change. I like that bola is now a skillshot.

I think if you want people not to abuse rengar's mechanics, you need to give him a bit of the treatment you keep giving APs that are being used as supports.
Nerf his base resistances
Nerf his base damage of abilities
Increase his ratios.
With the right build he will be an insane assassin.
Playing bad will make him very squishy, and building tanky to counter that will leave him lacking damage.

SPARTAN 111

10-18-2013

Any chance we'll see Rengar hit the PBE soon Scarizard? I know your probz trying to lvl your charizard in the new pokemon x&y (your name kind of insists it haha), but like yeah idk PBE is getting updated with new info everyday, and it seems like Rengar will never be released since all of these new additions to the PBE are making the popularity of it sky rocket, at this rate I feel it will take until the end of the year!!! Again idk it's just my opinion, but if we could get anymore news on how Mr. Knifecat is doing, that would be really cool n stuff.

Whipblade

10-18-2013

Can someone explain to me the advantage of having his Bola be a skillshot? I don't have an opinion here yet, but a lot of people like the change. It seems like you wouldn't be able to hit champs that are standing behind minions. Wouldn't that be a nerf? What am I missing?

X1zz3l

10-18-2013

Skarner changes will come to PBE for the next patch...
Scarizard, I summon thee to tell us the same for Rengar...pls? :C

SPARTAN 111

10-18-2013

Scarizard pls we need you x.x

SPARTAN 111

10-19-2013

Bump! X.x