A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Pancakes PhD

07-16-2013

As long as " For Rengacia" becomes an emote. I'm happy.

E: you guys are no fun.

Rxlic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

All I see are MORE Rengar nerfs. Things being removed and damage nerfed. He isn't a problem, you already ruined the champion, what else do you need to do to him? Just delete him if you are going to continue nerfing him.

SPARKAMUS PRIME

07-16-2013

What I want to know is, why the **** is Rengar getting reworked when Warwick is still a worthless pick. It's been over a week since Morello's placeholder in the Warwick thread, and still no response.

LonelyLiamNeeson

07-16-2013

What if Bonetooth necklace adds bonuses to his skills/ ferocity skills? (i.e: "14 stacks: Ferocity Battle Roar- Rengar fears enemies in an aoe around him" and "15 stacks: Ferocity Savagery- after using ferocity Savagery, Rengar's basic attacks become poison augmented for 5 seconds, dealing "x" amount of true damage per second, stacking up to "x" times" and "18 stacks: Ferocity Bola- Rengar's Bola becomes edged in razors, causing bleed damage for a short duration after the snare has ended"

I think things like this (poisons, bleeds, scaring the **** out of enemies) lend themselves to his predatory/ assassin nature and are things you could add to the necklace to make people say "Wow, I actually want to build this because it will help me deal more damage in the long run and will make my skills completely badass".

Platinum Ashes

07-16-2013

Removing the Bonetooth Necklace's add-on stats (AD, CRD, speed), but also the on-death loss of stacks on it as well, would make the item a much safer, more attractive and more fun buy for me.

Hollywood Cool

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnetempus View Post
Rengar should be a AD glasscannon. The attack speed buff on his q already lasts a long as hell time for a burst champion. Increasing the attack speed duration and decreasing its damage will basically ruin glass cannon rengar and make him a bruiser.

Why do you want Rengar to be a bruiser? Glass cannon rengar is way more fun and you actually feel like a predator.
According to his introduction he was meant to be able to play a bruiser or a glass cannon assassin, which is not true today. Riot pls.

FA Aokiji

07-16-2013

Rengar player myself:

I REALLY have lots of input to give, but it's too much to type down knowing that's it's just "feedback from just one more person". Just please don't make his gameplay revolve around his necklace, it is unhealthy for his gameplay, please note this down.

-Thanks.

Sticky Yurple

07-16-2013

wp GD. The rengar qq too stronk. Goodnight Sweet Prince.

Raistyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
The VO playing when he ults though has been testing -very- well both as/against and really strikes fear into enemies. What would you guys feel about Global VO when Rengar Ults, like Nocturne?

I really like this idea. I love the idea of him speaking to the prey to insight fear but I much prefer the global because, the real charm of nocturne's "Paranoia" is that you don't know if hes coming for you or anyone else, but especially not where he is. Just that he will attack.

Notifying people that Rengar is directly in their area AND ulting might allow them too much notice to run away and diffuse the engage.

AstorSapolsky

07-16-2013

I look forward to you guys crippling a character at sub-50% winrate with few picks and no ability to stick to a target. That triple Q amounts to nothing when they have any displacement skill or crowd control, but 95% of the characters in the game don't have that. Most don't pack Flash, either.

Edit: I wouldn't mind a global VO, since I love hearing those Nocturne lines, but at the same time that's another needless nerf to an already underperforming character.