A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-24-2013
73 of 81 Riot Posts

Hey dudes, sorry for being silent for a while but wanted to give you guys an update -

The whole team right now is super prioritized on some of the upcoming systems changes you may have seen Morello and Xelnath posting on the forums (For more info: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...06925#41406925) which has tied up testing resources amongst other things, so Rengar's being pushed back until we get this stuff finished.

To give a greater understanding of why this is important - this 'All hands on deck' mode means that we wouldn't have the manpower to give Rengar a good look balance-wise and a strong QA sweep to catch bugs to make sure he goes out in the best state possible, simply because we're dog piling on an initiative we believe is high priority.

I'm updating the Main Post with our -most recent- changelist so all of you heading back after the bump are understanding what it's lookin' like right now. Thanks for your patience, and as always keep sending feedback/questions my way if you got 'em.

TL;DR RENGAR IS SOON, NOT SOONTM - BUT NOT ALONG THE PATCH CADENCE I ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

TheEnygma

09-24-2013

Seems like a lot of stuff is getting pushed back for S4 stuff (which I hope is better than S3) but then how much stuff will get pushed back cause then it's about balancing/removing or taking in feedback the S4 changes will bring?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-24-2013
74 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
Seems like a lot of stuff is getting pushed back for S4 stuff (which I hope is better than S3) but then how much stuff will get pushed back cause then it's about balancing/removing or taking in feedback the S4 changes will bring?
A good rule of thumb is anything that's not a new champion release (because those are actually etched in stone by production gods and planned for forever in advance) that was started -after- my Rengar changes. Stuff like Heimerdinger and Olaf are still happening because we committed the resources before we hit this point.

In the end though, it'll be worth it. I'm confident that these changes are good now, i was confident they were good a few weeks ago - and i'm confident they'll be good moving forward. Just can't iterate/balance without competitive testing, which is one of the more sensitive/off-limits resources due to our prioritization.

lightdragoon88

09-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarizard View Post
tl;dr rengar is soon, not soontm - but not along the patch cadence i originally intended.

Attachment 786706

Drakonitus

09-24-2013

Well, I just hope that you guys realize that Rengar isn't a competitive option today in jungle or top lane.

I expect a new Rengar, and not just a even more nerfed Rengar...

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2013

It sucks rengar Relaunch will take a longer time,but,i understand.The stuff Morello and Xelnath talked about is important.

NA Darklarik

09-24-2013

I wish you would just throw the crude new rengar into PBE and allow us to find the buggs for you and give you quicker feedback on what is/not OP about him.

Brinstal

09-24-2013

So... No heal on kill?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

09-24-2013
75 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinstal View Post
So... No heal on kill?
Still possible. I'm just reporting what the iteration is this second - i can't follow up or test any of the stuff right now just because we're working on other things. This 'Dorans' passive on BTN is likely one of the first things to work on post-break.

Jewse

09-24-2013

why not let us test him on beta for god's sake? whats the issue with releasing these remade champs on beta so beta players can play and gives a longer understanding of the champ before changes are made?