A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volttekka

09-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick Thoughts Bonus Round!

What do you guys think of this?

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.
Then what's the point of separating the two aspects of his ult in the first place if you're gonna glue them back together for people who most likely can abuse it very well?

EDIT: it's prolly not my place to suggest, but what if the 14 stacks bonus makes it so that Thril of the Hunt removes all slows upon activation?

Nielspeterdejong

09-10-2013

Hello Scarizard,

I have another quick idea with regards to his Q-train. You mentioned that you wanted him to take down an opponent a little longer over time, hence the Q-train, and some had mentioned that he is very squishy right now (even with his W which only lasts 3 seconds). Why not let the buff from his W be extended the longer he continues the Q train? And even let it scale slightly over time? This means that even though he has less burst, he will still be able to go 1 vs 1 as a dueler, and take down more tankier opponents over time as well. And if you can buff his base health and stats, and even give his empowered W a shield, you can have a tanky Assassin hybrid.

Ofcourse his base is still an assassin, so against burst attacks at the start of his Q train he still goes down fast (a little bit less fast then currently if you nerf his Q damage burst I hope? ^^. But this way a Rengar will be rewarded for the Q-train in that the amounts of attacks (or a certain amount of damage?) will increase W's duration and slightly power, and that way he can attack vulnerable targets like he used to, but now with less burst and more sustain

Thoughts?

Insanities Eye

09-10-2013

Quote:
Quick Thoughts Bonus Round!

What do you guys think of this?

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.
I think you are missing the point, sure this makes the BTN more valuable, but late game I am still not sure if it is cost efficient enough. Fully leveled the attack damage is 24 damage right? Why not on the 14th stack make it more cost efficient for late game by upping the damage, to maybe 30 or 35 damage? this makes it a lot more rewarding for people who made it to late game with the BTN. Or, you could put this as a nice bonus for winning "The Hunt is On" seeing how Rengar is still the only one that is left with the bad end of the prize pool.

The Dunkmaster

09-10-2013

Scarizard, I think it's a little weak for 14 stacks, we already get rocket cat and can fade for stealth.

I thought a bit, and do you remember his double jump bug where you had 0.5 seconds or so to leap again from leaping to one target?

At 14 stacks could you re-add that? It sounds too powerful on paper, but in reality it was good mechanics and timing executing that, which in turn can separate good rengars from the bad ones.

Just my 2 cents.

Also one more thing, is he keeping his fade timer? It's not fun staying visible for 3 seconds if under attack....

alfavhunter

09-10-2013

14 stack should be rengar gains the ms while stalking and gains 30 bonus ad

That would be worth while

Then the kha bonus kill would give a permanent full stacks and rengar will never go under 1 ferocity (making him need 4 ferocity per instead of 5)

R U Fukn Nuts

09-10-2013

As far as my opinion goes, I think this new 14 stacks is awesome but it requires BTN to be tuned a little since you get MASSIVE UTILITY when you finally get to these 14 (and you mentioned revenge +2 stacks mechanic being tested). Still, new BTN seems to be catchy but please let it retain these 5% cdr so that we're not crapped with our builds (5% from BTN, 10% from BC, 20% from SV and 4% from masteries are a total of 39% (almost maxed) while being core).

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2013

So I don't know if this has been addressed somewhere, I'm afraid to look through this massive beast, but I have a problem with the naming of Rengar's passive. Mostly because it is not truthful. He can still leap when he is standing on a ward in a bush. I understand the reason behind it's name, but it feels wrong that the "Unseen Predator" can still jump on you when you have vision on him. As if there should be some sort of counterplay that doesn't actually exist. I don't know if he still gets to leap if in stealth but reveal by true sight, but that also would further the misleading name of his passive.

Number 2312

09-10-2013

Sorry, but I don't like the removal of Rengar's stealth at all. I also dont like how Bonetooth necklace will become a little bit less important to Lane Rengar. I prefer Lane Rengar to Jungle Rengar and having to get jungle items (the whole extra damage to minions)kinda makes Bonetooth a iffy buy for Lanegar. and I would miss the extra Armor Pen. I think rengar is fine as he is tbh. maybe a small change here and there but I don't want too much drastic stuff

indaface98

09-10-2013

Quote:
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.
this is the current iteration of what scar is doing in case anyone was confused

Nureya

09-11-2013

I am really starting to like the whole rengar idea of him scaling everything with level. If you are to compare rengar with a lot of other champs, his abilities alone are not strong but when you combine his whole kit in a specific play style, rengar becomes very devastating opponent.

I love playing rengar and I main him. I can totally accept these changes in a theoretical stance as of now. Riot is trying and spending a lot of time to even consider our opinions to input it into the knifekitty.

Whether I completely like these changes or not, the rengar burst is too strong and I can also agree with that either its a hit or miss ( all in champion).

I do have a few personal opinions to give as well:

Allow Rengar W skill to scale ad and do ap damage

OR

Allow rengar W skill to scale with ap but change the damage to AD.

You can see examples of these in shyvana's flame wheel and warwick's ultimate.

Final point is that for BTN:

I like the +10 base and +1 per level. How about adding +2-3 per lvl 6/10/15 to GO WITH THE WHOLE scaling per level theme.

BTN is very important rengar item and I value the bonuses of equal damage. But a 28 Ad bonus is just too little. If it was 35-40 by level 18, I would keep this item as a core on him. And I also do believe a lot of other rengar players agree. The old BTN was 41 damage + 10armore pen= 51 damage. I dont expect new BTN to give 51 damage but at least 35-40.

The rengar changes are out of our control and Riot will change him with or without us.....The least we can do is try to find a place for compromise so everyone one wins.