A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick Thoughts Bonus Round!

What do you guys think of this?

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.
Nice effect, but still seems a bit meh, for reaching 14 stacks. Considering in many situations you might not even need the Stealth part, asuming your running as fast as i think your running.

Metaphora

09-09-2013

Quote:

- 14 Stacks: You no longer lose your Movement Speed Bonus for reactivating Thrill of the Hunt.
As in stalk keeps the mspeed bonus?

If that's the case then wouldn't we have the same problem that we're having right now? Rengar would be able to easily rush to the adc with ghost ult stealth just like right now. It looks dangerous since you buffed the damage and root on bola and are letting him Q train in exchange for not having that power. But 14 stacks seems like a fair tradeoff, since that is basically rengar telling everyone that he's the ultimate hunter and proving it.

All in all I think it's a fine mechanic, but may need to be tested to make sure 14 stack rengar isn't god

Are there any other ideas for 14 stacks besides the one in the OP and this? Sorry if i'm asking a question that was already answered.

MarkedPariah

09-09-2013

I like the idea of the movement speed buff not being removed on four stacks it would help him take out opponents who are completely out of place in the late game and it could really work as a game changer for him getting that clutch assassination by running from his jungle to the other team's jungle. I think it's better then the idea of simply increasing the duration of thrill of the hunt since it doesn't matter how long the hunt is active if he isn't able to catch his enemies out of position. Also I am really looking forward to these changes on Rengar he sounds like he will be even funner then he is now.

In his rework are you planning on addressing his bug that allows him to use all of his abilities at full ferocity which is apparently a thing for those people who have learned to exploit this bug?

MudWrestleMeIRL

09-09-2013

bump

MobiIe Ward

09-09-2013

Quote:

Hard to tell when we haven't seen the new ult in game and the other BTN stack effects in action.

KNITEpanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2013

I thought the whole point of his Ulti having stealth was so that he was kind of like the predator...hence his dreads too. W/o his stealth, hes just...Meh, we'll see, but I'll miss the references.

Nielspeterdejong

09-10-2013

Quote:

So you mean that when you use stalk you still have your movement speed bonus?

I like it Though what do you think about:

a) 14 stacks makes your abilities stronger
or b) you are get a bonus on kill or assist? (like more thrill of the hunt time?) Though I'd prefer if this was part of the Thrill of the hunt XD

Also what do you think about the shield in Empowered W? Or a Armor and MR buff during Thrill of the hunt and which continues for the full duration even after he engaged in combat?

serieusly, Yi is so powerfull right now, and in the past I was great with Rengar against him (not so much now ^^ I really hope you can buff Rengar

Riesz

09-10-2013

Incredibly powerful when used correctly, might be broken in the split push case?

I'm still in favour of giving Rengar a leap charge upon reaching five ferocity.

devries5th

09-10-2013

This whole shield thing that people are talking about makes no sense in my opinion. A lion with a shield? A predator with a shield? They don't use shields, he just farms champs for he is the ultimate predator and a true hunter will never rest. A shield seems just kinda whack and out of his style. The current heal is fine.

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2013

Quote:

I think this might actually be the 14th stack bonus we're looking for. I still am not entirely sure because I haven't seen the movement speed in action but if it's as awesome as you have been leading me to believe I think it would be a great 14th stack.