A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

09-01-2013

so a few ideas for rengar

make it so his R even when in hunt, if rengar is standing still inside of a brush, he becomes stealth ed (like teemo)

this allows him to play mind games when he uses hunt, runs into a brush, and stands still, making them think he used stalk to try to run

now change bonetooth to also gain 1 ad permanently on champion kill or assist (giving it late game scaling while keeping it as a low bonus [this keeps it as a good early game item, but prevents it form becoming to insane, because even with 10 kills, that's 10 bonus ad, and it would take a huge amount of kills to make it to strong]) [base ad stays at 10]

rengars E now has a targeting like hemerdingers gernade, but keeps the flight speed it currently has (will reach targeted area at max range in about .3 seconds, max range is now 800 instead of 575) and it now slows all targets struck instead of just 1 [aoe is slightly larger than alistars pulverize]) [edit: this also gives renagr a little wave clear buff and jungle clear aoe but it would keep its damage and slow X% as it can now be dodged]

Vladamphir

dwscar

09-02-2013

i kinda like the idea of a faster rengar but the removal of stealth just makes me want to play khaxiz and just ditch rengar. oh rengar's OP...better nurf him like karma oh wait, she cant be nurfed because shes the worst champ in the game and needs a rework horribly bad. karma is kinda ok mid but she does not even come close to other mages in the game....and as support bottom which she is suppose to play she sucks too bad to even push the lane being agressive which is the only way you can play her bottom. karmas tool kit is severely broken and needs to be like the old karma ASAP or kinda like jannas tool kit with an ad shield kiting ability and poke with her q but buff mantra to lock down targets better like turn the q into a root like morganas q when you use mantra....just some ideas to bring karma back. she needs it bad. and also poppy needs some slight buffs in armor or more damage on her abilities to be brought back as well. none of this messing with not that op champs business. you need to focus on bringing back the dead champs like karma and poppy.

Cpt Mookie

09-02-2013

Any updates Mr. Nerfbat jr.?

MoustacherĂ­de

09-02-2013

So I had a couple of thoughts that hit me this morning. On the issue of Ferocity consumption of his ult, why not let him retain some of the movement speed from the Hunt portion of his ultimate when he activates Stalk? Not all, but enough so that he can move along briskly and it feels useful. On the heels of that, the final stack on Bonetooth Necklace could allow Rengar to continue the Hunt portion of his ult after coming out of Stalk through offensive action (assuming he still has time on Thrill of the Hunt). This gives it a meaningful and unique sort of bonus and plays off of the current iteration of his ult. Both of these together play on the idea of Rengar being able to be played bootless as well.

xXTazerXx

09-02-2013

My main worry here is the loss of stealth. Rengar won't be Rengar if he loses that aspect of his ult (stealth + detection) - it's what makes him feel like a predator. It gives you the thrill of the hunt. If he loses his stealth, he loses his predator feel imo.
I can deal with the consumption of ferocity instead of gaining, as long as you can double Q out of it. I honestly think if you take the stealth, you destroy Rengar.

THUNDERMINE

09-02-2013

Ok guys I think you can stop posting ideas on his ult and stuff now, they've gone silent for a reason.

THEYRE SWINGING THE NERF BAT THATS WHY

DontChangeRengar

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERMINE View Post
Ok guys I think you can stop posting ideas on his ult and stuff now, they've gone silent for a reason

Yes it's been to quiet lately. Waitin to hear an update for quite sometime.

I'm still pushing for Q bleed damage and a merge of the bola strikes though (see page 332)

I mean come on! The savagery ability icon has blood in it!

RakshirX

09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontChangeRengar View Post
Yes it's been to quiet lately. Waitin to hear an update for quite sometime.

I'm still pushing for Q bleed damage and a merge of the bola strikes though (see page 332)

I mean come on! The savagery ability icon has blood in it!
Mate, I love that idea. Fits the character extremely well too. He's a hunter, and he injures his target, causing bleeding, and he tracks his quarry from the blood trail.
Unfortunately, there are just too many good ideas and no way to incorporate them all. As I said previously though, if they are making bola strike a skill shot, they should put vision on it, as it would give us more leap opportunities, since we can't leap without vision of the target. This would open up a whole new series of play options, similar to how Lee Sin can hit a jungle mob and fly too it through a wall, etc.

Weskammu theRed

09-03-2013

i like the change to the roar instead of buffing rengar it makes more sense that it debuff the opponent like an intimidation battle cry