A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevindicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-26-2013

Instead of Hunt and Stalk, wouldn't Track and Stalk fit better for a hunter? It would also explain why he reveals nearby champions.

EDIT: His ultimate is Thrill of the Hunt, so no need to include hunting as part of an action of hunting.

Kevindicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-26-2013

I mentioned it on the other thread, but I feel it's more like he's Tracking his prey first, then Stalking as he gets closer. After all, it explains why he can "see" the enemy, even if they stealthed.

Norr1N

08-26-2013

One thing I don't really like about the current ultimate, is that it's just used to initiate on someone, and has no persistant effect past that first leap. Will we be able to retain the vision/MS during Hunt/Sprint for the remainder of the duration like Yi for instance, even once we start attacking, and still be able to switch to Stalk/Prowl (which will remove the MS bonus)? Maybe halt Ferocity generation after the leap attack, but retain the MS bonus and vision till the ultimate expires? To break it down -

1. Activating R puts you in Hunt mode - granting MS bonus, vision, leap access, Ferocity gain
2. Attacking consumes leap, and halts Ferocity gain. Retain MS bonus and vision till ult expires
3. Can activate Stalk whether you attack or not, if done before ult expires, but after a certain duration. Removes MS bonus, but stealths instantly and retains vision, whilst restoring Ferocity gain/leap if already consumed/used to attack during Hunt

Both Hunt and/or Stalk could be Empowered separately based on the Ferocity requirements for the Empowered effect at the time of cast.

Also, will Bola be able to proc on-hit effects and/or reveal the target hit?

Finally, a couple trophy ideas that have sticked with me throughout this thread -

Gains vision of nearby neutral monsters within 1000 range (does not reveal champions)
Gains a non-decaying leap (regardless if in brush) whenever he achieves maximum Ferocity, consumed on the next autoattack (one of this type of leap granted per rotation of maximum Ferocity)

drakon136

08-26-2013

Reposting my previous idea, as it seems nobody noticed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakon136 View Post
Hmm. Got an idea for this. If you empower your ultimate, perhaps your Leap could fear the target? I mean, who wouldn't be afraid if Rengar charged towards them at incredible speeds and jumped at them?

A few other ideas I think of when you empower your ultimate:

-True Sight while active
-Keep movement speed when entering Stalk
-Bonus range on Leap
-Your next attack shreds armor
-Next Empowered ability does not consume Ferocity

Toru Itai

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norr1N View Post
One thing I don't really like about the current ultimate, is that it's just used to initiate on someone, and has no persistant effect past that first leap. Will we be able to retain the vision/MS during Hunt/Sprint for the remainder of the duration like Yi for instance, even once we start attacking, and still be able to switch to Stalk/Prowl (which will remove the MS bonus)? Maybe halt Ferocity generation after the leap attack, but retain the MS bonus and vision till the ultimate expires? To break it down -

1. Activating R puts you in Hunt mode - granting MS bonus, vision, leap access, Ferocity gain
2. Attacking consumes leap, and halts Ferocity gain. Retain MS bonus and vision till ult expires
3. Can activate Stalk whether you attack or not, if done before ult expires, but after a certain duration. Removes MS bonus, but stealths instantly and retains vision, whilst restoring Ferocity gain/leap if already consumed/used to attack during Hunt

Both Hunt and/or Stalk could be Empowered separately based on the Ferocity requirements for the Empowered effect at the time of cast.

Also, will Bola be able to proc on-hit effects and/or reveal the target hit?

Finally, a couple trophy ideas that have sticked with me throughout this thread -

Gains vision of nearby neutral monsters within 1000 range (does not reveal champions)
Gains a non-decaying leap (regardless if in brush) whenever he achieves maximum Ferocity, consumed on the next autoattack (one of this type of leap granted per rotation of maximum Ferocity)
this plz :<
take all of my upvotes

Servantofthe99

08-26-2013

q- i think its fine. can still chain

w- personally i think making it a scaling % toggle is good. toggle on=% damage increase. toggle off=% damage reduction. (during on it could give him the IR vision (more for looks since everyone loves that...doesn't have to provide the true vision or anything PLS DO THIS SOMEHOW I WANT TO HAVE THE IR VISION always on ;-; )

e- sounds...ok. i mean lower cd and higher damage so will have to see how it works first.

R- also sounds decent enough. previous ult gives him 7s stealth (1-3s delay) so your total stealth time was 4-6s. 5s instant stealth is very very good. especially if BTN will increase it (lookin at double at max stats maybe? hopefully?. though since its pure mobility and utility only, it WILL require a much lower cd (at most 30s) since it gives no other stat boosts whatsoever. and since he already lost his big Q burst. this kind of ult does not warrant a long cd by any means. many champions actually have similar spells built into their main kit already (shaco has a blink and 3.5s stealth and crit increase chance on a 11s cd. and honestly blinks are better than movespeed).

Rennats

08-26-2013

Empowered Thrill of the Hunt - Deeper Senses - Rengar concentrates even more (and maybe adds 1/2/3 seconds to Stalk) and can see the jungle monsters as well.

It would be quite situational but would be something only Rengar could do, granting him, once again, the title of king of jungle =]
Even his Lore says he fought big monsters, so why ignore, them? =D

What if the empowered ult made Rengar's senses even deeper and he could see jungle monsters and some area surrouding? that way he could counter jungle, see when the enemy is doing baron or dragon, and juke around.

=]

TJAyo

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrachi View Post
I agree. What Riot has done to Olaf recently and what they are doing to alot of champions really feels like what happened to Vayne and Karma way back. They were simply fixed and pushed around until they simply made them near unplayable. Then they removed the only skillful and well rounded side of master Yi because they wanted to make him balanced... There really was no better balance than AP Yi. He was well rounded as it was and there was alot of good and fun counterplay to him.
Firstly, AD yi was the way yi was kinda meant to be played. Secondly, how exactly is it a fun counterplay when your countered by 1 item? Oracle poops on rengar and as soon as ANYONE on the other team buys it you might as well not have an ulti in teamfights.

YummyPIastic

08-26-2013

Idea for ult: Have different effects based on if youre in bush when you cast, so for example, in a bush gives stealth but no speed, but while visible you gain speed and regenerating ferocity, but no stealth

thedeadbear

08-26-2013

why do this to rengar???