A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

08-25-2013

Losing my faith in humanity reading the comments in this thread.

Furi Kuri

08-25-2013

So you're still changing all of his abilities for no reason and turning him to another boring bruiser. So your ****ing over Rengar players with a 2nd Karma.

manboat

08-25-2013

My idea for using ferocity on Ult cast would be to increase the range of his predator vision. This gives him a cool extra tool from hit ult as maybe he could have TF level invisible vision from 5 stacks, but you wouldn't feel stupid for not using only 5 ferocity ults as there would be many times you don't actually need an increase to predator vision.

I have recently picked up playing Rengar a lot and this discussion has been getting me a little frightened about my little assassin lion. I have always felt that Rengar is the true assassin of this game. He has the abiltiy to stalk prey more than any other champ and he has nearly unrivaled burst (especially if you run SotD and IE on him ). Please don't hurt my catssasin, that is all i ask. Other than that I am excited to see what you ultimately choose to do.

Chaosos

08-25-2013

Does the new iteration of ult not have Rengar gaining a MS bonus after leaping on the target?

sumeet11

08-25-2013

they are keeping his stealth and now his ult has 2 modes, stealth and chase

Tsuusetsu

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I've seen this a bunch in this thread so far, but i don't see it as having the same problems due to

- Stalk having less Stealth Duration than on Live
- Stalk losing Thrill of the Hunt's movement speed
- Rengar's overall burst being lowered

In general, there's a much lower window for Rengar to Sneak-Attack you. He can also just run and leap on you if his goal is to just get to you, but if taking your opponent by surprise is important (say, in a lane-gank) that option is still available and potent. Overall it takes a lot more planning and execution to pull off the stealth-attack, but you can forgo the planning and just bumrush them (at the cost of alerting them to your presence earlier)
the problem is this is that His burst is lowered. Nobody will use it unless its to make an easy getaway. Nobody will lower there burst then jump on an enemy ADC, because they will find they lack the burst to kill them, and then the rengar is suddenly cc'd and dies. He has to retain the burst somehow. Maybe he activates it with 5 ferocity he gains the stealth, but DOESNT consume them. That way we dont need to add an additional effect.

noblubber

08-25-2013

Maybe the ferocity stacks could be used to increase ferocity generation speed. For example, each stack reduces generation time to reach full stacks by .2 seconds (obviously this would need tuning). This would allow people not to feel like the stacks are going to waste as they get them back faster. It would also allow people to use their leap earlier without feeling punished by having fewer stacks.
Yet in most cases it won't make people feel bad for not having stacks when they ult because they simply need to wait another second at most which they would do anyways if they intend to stealth or use the ult to run around for an ambush.
This also would not cause counterplay issues because the ferocity gains are always visible as long as you have vision of Rengar.

Zalfier

08-25-2013

I've said it before and I say it again, I really think most people are overestimating how often, or at least when, the stealth makes Rengar's ult feel awesome. Maybe I am just in the minority or something, but I really think the MS buff, especially if it gets increased, combined with the true sight is what creates the experience of hunting down your prey, and that (offensive) stealth doesn't matter as much as people think. In my experience the stealth is the most satisfying when you are using it defensivly to juke out of a gank, where as just bum rushing people is perfectly fine when I'm going for the kill.

I really like the direction you are going with his ult. I think it is in an okay place on live and just changing it to function more cleanly and more fairly is all it needs. No need for fancy bells and whistles and new mechanics. You just need to make the old mechanics would better, and you seem to be doing just that.

PallasAthens

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalfi View Post
I've said it before and I say it again, I really think most people are overestimating how often, or at least when, the stealth makes Rengar's ult feel awesome. Maybe I am just in the minority or something, but I really think the MS buff, especially if it gets increased, combined with the true sight is what creates the experience of hunting down your prey, and that (offensive) stealth doesn't matter as much as people think. In my experience the stealth is the most satisfying when you are using it defensivly to juke out of a gank, where as just bum rushing people is perfectly fine when I'm going for the kill.

I really like the direction you are going with his ult. I think it is in an okay place on live and just changing it to function more cleanly and more fairly is all it needs. No need for fancy bells and whistles and new mechanics. You just need to make the old mechanics would better, and you seem to be doing just that.
So you want to make him into Master Yi.

olipops

08-25-2013

Ok so I've been following this post for quite some time now and I really like how rengar is comming along and I'd like to give a shout out to scarizard for all his hard work.

I have a great Idea for Rengars ultimate in responce to scarizards earlier post. How about when rengar uses his empowered ultimate or his ultimate with 5 stacks of ferocity, he is able to see all enemy champions on the map instead of just enemy champions within a certain distance. Currently the range at which he can see enemy champions is already pretty big so adding this in wont make a huge difference on his overall gameplay but would be a nice little touch to his kit, while improving his overall gameplay and utility.

Id really like to hear what you guys think about this, and hopefully get some feeback.