Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furritus

Senior Member

08-25-2013

will he be rereleased with a new skin, i really want to see him come out with another


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

08-25-2013

The change is still, inherently stupid. Just give him the straight up stealth and stop being afraid he'll pwn the poor AD carries. Look at him right now-Even with a stealth ult he isn't being picked.

Scarizard, stop destroying champions, you're bad at balancing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngryLuck

Junior Member

08-25-2013

What about that it cost's x ferocity to enter stalk? Then there would at least be a tradeoff. Idk, to me it just seems like this new stealth has the same problem as the old one, basicly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenmetsu Saseru

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
GoodBadUglyHoe:
knock knock who's there lol not heimerdinger. NOT HEIMERDINGER EVER

He's getting a entire rebuild/tear-down. I think it's going to take a bit more to get through than this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Zenmetsu Saseru:
He's getting a entire rebuild/tear-down. I think it's going to take a bit more to get through than this.


That will probably end up being a nerf to his core mechanics and to what makes him, him. Under the guise of a remake of course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toru Itai

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
PallasAthens:
That will probably end up being a nerf to his core mechanics and to what makes him, him. Under the guise of a remake of course.

isn't that what remake means?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Toru Itai:
isn't that what remake means?


To Riot that's what it means. Because Heimerdinger is totally overpowered in his current state. y'know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5hitmo Must Die

Junior Member

08-25-2013

hes a damn raccoon dog


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-25-2013

Quote:
AngryLuck:
What about that it cost's x ferocity to enter stalk? Then there would at least be a tradeoff. Idk, to me it just seems like this new stealth has the same problem as the old one, basicly.


I've seen this a bunch in this thread so far, but i don't see it as having the same problems due to

- Stalk having less Stealth Duration than on Live
- Stalk losing Thrill of the Hunt's movement speed
- Rengar's overall burst being lowered

In general, there's a much lower window for Rengar to Sneak-Attack you. He can also just run and leap on you if his goal is to just get to you, but if taking your opponent by surprise is important (say, in a lane-gank) that option is still available and potent. Overall it takes a lot more planning and execution to pull off the stealth-attack, but you can forgo the planning and just bumrush them (at the cost of alerting them to your presence earlier)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PierreManslapper

Junior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Scarizard:
I've seen this a bunch in this thread so far, but i don't see it as having the same problems due to

- Stalk having less Stealth Duration than on Live
- Stalk losing Thrill of the Hunt's movement speed
- Rengar's overall burst being lowered

In general, there's a much lower window for Rengar to Sneak-Attack you. He can also just run and leap on you if his goal is to just get to you, but if taking your opponent by surprise is important (say, in a lane-gank) that option is still available and potent. Overall it takes a lot more planning and execution to pull off the stealth-attack, but you can forgo the planning and just bumrush them (at the cost of alerting them to your presence earlier)



Just make the secondary activation increase the CD on the ult? By like 25-50% or 20-60s? That way there is a notable cost to using the secondary activation but it's not up-front and won't cost you at all in the heat of the moment.

It seems like in both this and Olaf's rework you're trying to fix problematic ults by shoeing in up-front downsides, and I can't say I fully support that direction.