A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faulkness

08-25-2013

Empowered Thrill of the Hunt-
Marks all champions with Hunted, increasing the damage dealt to the targets by -% for the duration of the ult and 5,7,9 sec. after the ult ends.

X1zz3l

08-25-2013

About the "Thrill of the Hunt" consumed Ferocity bonus...

How about making his ultimate a better "innitiation" tool for your teammates and / or yourself by reducing the jumped targets stats for a decent amount depending on Ferocity consumed?

I thought about something like this:

X Ferocity consumed = X% Armor / MR reduction for X seconds

Numbers example:

5 Ferocity consumed = 25% Armor / MR reduction for 3 seconds
1 Ferocity consumed = 5% Armor / MR reduction for 3 seconds

This would, at least in my opinion, fit his hunters theme as he scares his prey by jumping it out of nowhere. His targets are unprepared and therefore lose some defensive capabilites. This would also offer a good teamfight presence and makes tankgar an interesting build as he could innitiate with someone like Orianna to weaken his target and then followup with his teammates.

Jurassick

08-25-2013

As a person who feels they really understand Rengar, I think that his empowered ultimate should be maybe to consume all stacks to be able to do some kind of hit and run ability.

Like a dash through a champion and comes out on the other side like a fizz q that goes a set distance past the champion/minion (with a leap of course.

It could either do some type of CC or damage but unstealth him for a second before reentering stealth for the actual assault.

This could work for the nonstealthed version just the same way, entering stealth after using his initial bursty q or whatever.

This would synergize really well with the q train (if that's still in the works) and it would make it feel like a hunter coming back after he weakens his prey.

lm Krueger ml

08-25-2013

What if you just said that instead of an Empowered R you instead kind of stored the ferocity stacks, then regained them after you used your next Empowered attack.

Something like:

Thrill of the Hunt

Consumes current Ferocity stacks before generating 5 new stacks over a few seconds. On next Empowered ability usage, the consumed stacks are regained.

This would basically mean you could get a true FREE Empowered ability every time you Ult. You get back all stacks you had before using the Ult. So if you had 5 Ferocity then Ulted, you could gank, use Empowered Bola Strike first to root, then get all 5 Ferocity back instantly and Q them.

Because your Ult consumes all Ferocity on use, you can't possibly stack up more than 2 consecutive Empowered strikes no matter how you try it so abuse cases should be minimized.

Essentially, you'd get a buff when you use your R with the number of stored Ferocity you have. Then everything happens as normal til you use your next Empowered ability at which point the buff is removed and consumed to regain that Ferocity.

tduro112

08-25-2013

Scarizard, thanks for listening to us and responding to us. You're doing an awesome job and you've got me hyped over Rengar again!

kswimming101

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!
i really really REALLY like this ult idea. as a big rengar fan being able to choose speedcat or stealth is a big plus. and it allows some viability for top lane to escape ganks by either taking off towards tower or stealthing and juking

Leonixxiii

08-25-2013

What if, for his R consuming Ferocity, Rengar gains X (flat) MS for Z secs (like 20 if thats the total duration of Hut& Stalk.)... That way you'd have some speed that can be applied to both stealth mode, and after the leap without worrying about big %MS bonuses.

Griiffy

08-25-2013

I only have one question for you @scarizard. When you ruin Rengar for everyone can you refund me the rp I used to buy him and his skin? Thank you.

Sycocaster

08-25-2013

No collision for the duration of Stalk would be nice.

Tibbers Bot

08-25-2013

Consumed ferocity adds:
Rank 1 - 200/400/600/800/1000 vision
Rank 2 - 10/20/30/40/50% speed bonus (bonus to the speed already granted, so +50% would be 15 extra ms if you would gain 30), this speed bonus carries over into stalk.
Rank 3 - .2/.4/.6/.8/1.0 second fear on Rengar's target.