A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noncommittal

08-25-2013

I think that empowering the ult should give rengar large aoe. SO often rengar is able to nuke 1 or two people but then is kited and killed. aoe would make his nukes more lethal. Or perhaps two leaps if he changes targets to leap frog to a farther target.

BigGrumpyCat

08-25-2013

Honestly, this whole thing just seems weird to me. First of all, I don't see lions in the savanna running for the prey like madcats then suddenly disappearing out of thin air to be stealthy. But hey.. it's a game after all, not real life I guess. Secondly, I think that stealth after that movement speed is kind of bad call: say you're going for a kill, but they have an oracle and they know you're there, you lose movement speed to try to be sneaky but they back out in time and you can't jump on the target, or it could backfire even worse, you end up being cc'd or kited to death --> so.. high chance of unsuccessful gank (also note the fact that lategame people buy oracle elixirs so stealth ain't gonna help much); another situation, you go for and execution on a carry that has movement speed in their build (phantom dancer/statikk shiv are pretty common items for carries, you enter stealth to try to be sneaky but you lose the speed and probably won't catch the target since it moves faster than you and you waste an ultimate. So, with this in mind, I guess in a lot of situations, why even bother stealthing, when you can just run to the target and jump on it. I know there are a lot of factors to be taken into consideration and I know that stealth can actually be good in situations where you actually need to be stealthy, thus making it a more tactical or skillful decision. But this is just my opinion: the change seems weird to me.

Also, about Q becoming a more dps-oriented ability: like I said before, his kit makes him and assassin, I think his Q should remain a burst ability.

The Fizznity

08-25-2013

Im happy rocket kitty is staying, not sure if I'm a fan of him getting back stealth but /shrug it's what the community wants I guess. Pls put on PBE :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
ok im just gonna come out and say what every one LOVES about rengar. its the infra red vision with the sounds. is there a way to make W a toggle of sorts which gives him the IR vision+sounds? maybe something like toggling W gives him % increase, and while its off it gives him % damage reduction. an empowered version toggle of either could give him an addtional boosted stat. this can give people a choice of whether to want extra damage or extra defense. also, this could give him an option of leveling it for either lane or jungle.
I like this idea, exploring a toggle for his ult in general would be cool.

ILoveLittleGirls

08-25-2013

Why not add an on-hit bleed to Rengar's leap? I believe that would be a proper buff that is in line with Rengar's theme as a hunter. Give it the equivalence of a 5 stack Darius passive dealing magic damage over 5 seconds. The bleed would be a good buff while still keeping Rengar's burst damage in check.

lm Krueger ml

08-25-2013

Hey again, Scarizard!

So for an empowered Ult I feel like you hit the nail on the head with "it shouldn't add more offensive power" because you'll feel like you should always use the empowered version. How about a defensive version instead?

Empowered Thrill of the Hunt
Rengar gains 40% damage reduction for a few seconds on activation (same duration as Hunt activation time).

The way I see it, using the empowered version should be an in combat decision when you're stacking your ferocity. Are things going badly? Use the Ult for disengage or in combat survival. You get a quick ferocity replenshiment as well for an empowered W and stealth away if needed.

It adds a different dynamic to the Ult instead of it being a simple chase/escape mechanic.

3mptylord

08-25-2013

With the new-new version of his ultimate (Hunt/Stalk), does the sight still last the full duration as it did on the no-stealth version? Or do all effects end when he goes-in on someone?

Artifictional

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!
What about Stalk- When rengar activates Thrill of the hunt he consumes all his ferocity and gains stealth for 1 second per ferocity consumed

RakshirX

08-25-2013

About what to do about his empowered Ultimate. Give him more survivability after leaving stealth, so he can live another few seconds after engaging in a teamfight. More health, a temporary shield (like Riven or Vi), or just some bonus armor and MR. Personally, I am a fan of his burst damage, so I'd go for that (crank his bonus dmg back up to 125% on the Q), but I know you've said you're looking to spread the dmg out. Other ideas could be a 1 second stun on the first hit, or immunity to effects for the first 2 seconds out of ulti. There's plenty to work with.

Another thought I had about his Bonetooth Necklace - can one of the bonuses from stacks give him some armor/resist of some sort? This isn't too far out of the theme, considering he's covered in bone trophies, it would blunt an attack or two, no? At present the BTN is utility and dmg driven (AP, MS, Leap range), the addition of a defensive bonus would make the item more well rounded for players using it regardless of the role they choose (top, jungle, engager). I love the champ, and I love his burst, but if you're taking that burst away, you've got to give the cat more survivability after an engagement. If we can't burst down an adc, and we can't gapclose, they tend to back up and shoot us to pieces.

MoseyPoo

08-25-2013

What about on kill he gains a chance to activate his ult again? (for a shorter stealh duration, but unable to be delayed) That way he can assasinate fine and get out fine, unless you cc him to death quickly. Like 5 seconds after stealth is popped he gains a buff that allows him activate a 2nd stealth if a kill is achieved.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

08-25-2013

What about reducing cooldown with the ferocity ?
like 5-10% lower cd for every ferocity stack you have ?

or maybe increasing the "radar range" ?

[edit for more ideas] Maybe add a bonus effect ? like slow on first AA depending on ferocity or bonus ms after attack ?

I don't wanna have this to hit the actual power of the ability but it's just some ideas