A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsuusetsu

08-24-2013

Maybe - 5 Ferocity Stacks. Rengar gains CC reduction for a short duration during, and when the stealth ends.

Compenisator

08-24-2013

I was just skimming, so I might've missed a lot, but was thinking.

For the stalk thing, losing all ms bonuses would make sense (for fleeing a fight, anyways), but why not add a ms buff if he's chasing down a champion? Kinda like Vayne's passive.

Sorry if this has been suggested already and I didn't notice

Dipen

08-24-2013

Hey Scarizard, did you ever get around to explaining why Rengar's play has to go from burst to sustained damage, now that you are reworking his ultimate to give proper counterplay? I know that huge burst coming right out of stealth was bad because it offered almost no counterplay, but now that you are changing his ultimate, why do you also have to turn him from an assassin into a bruiser? I was under the impression that the bursty assassin playstyle would be fine if he were given more counterplay options.

Felfire

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I am super excited about this iteration!
As am I brother.

Mobius01

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarizard View Post
hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

so i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for rengar's ultimate:

thrill of the hunt

hunt: Rengar activates his predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, rengar also generates up to 5 ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (long duration) or until rengar uses an ability/leaps.

after a few seconds, rengar may choose to reactivate thrill of the hunt to enter stalk.

stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from thrill of the hunt, but enters stealth. Lasts (shorter duration) or until rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to speedcat for a chase or cleanup? Or stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining higher % ms than is on live via hunt, but retaining the stealth ambush in stalk) but doesn't let you just hit r and run without being smart about it.

bonus question!- consuming ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'empowering' your ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+damage and +stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!

this is awesome gj

Cacahao

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, sorry for going mostly silent this week - had a lot to get done and i don't like to post when i know i won't have time to follow up with y'all (this is why last week's post came on a Friday evening so i had all weekend to keep talking)

So i'm likely going to format this horrendously because i'm at home and don't have a screencap of the tooltip, but here's the new idea for Rengar's ultimate:

Thrill of the Hunt

Hunt: Rengar activates his Predatory instincts, gaining % movement speed and vision of all nearby enemy champions. During this time, Rengar also generates up to 5 Ferocity and his first basic attack will cause him to leap. Lasts (Long Duration) or until Rengar uses an ability/leaps.

After a few seconds, Rengar may choose to reactivate Thrill of the Hunt to enter Stalk.

Stalk: Rengar loses all bonus movement speed from Thrill of the Hunt, but enters Stealth. Lasts (Shorter Duration) or until Rengar takes offensive action.

If i can clarify more, let me know. The basics are that Rengar players get to choose which is best for the situation - to Speedcat for a chase or cleanup? or Stealthcat for an ambush or otherwise awesome juke? I'm excited about this version because it has a lot of flexibility in what Rengar can do throughout the game (by retaining Higher % MS than is on live via Hunt, but retaining the Stealth Ambush in Stalk) but doesn't let you just hit R and run without being smart about it.

Bonus Question!- Consuming Ferocity on cast is still something i want to do, but i'd want to find a better bonus you get for 'Empowering' your Ultimate rather than duration. Suggestions? I anticipate a lot of '+Damage and +Stealth' time, but i'm open to hearing what you guys have to say.

Let me know what you guys think, and sorry for the delay!
TONS OF FLEXIBILITY

ferocity + hunt = moar speed!

ferocity + stalk = maybe could reduce the delay to enter in stealh?

that's my suggestion

Masterm111

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I am super excited about this iteration!
Same here! I am really proud of Scarizard taking control of the Rework and getting it back on the right track.

MetalCanadian

08-24-2013

so all i can think of for his ferocity r consume is that it would give you 2% move speed in stealth for each stack but that may not be good due to it being like his old toxic ult so that all i got for now sorry :/

but i really like the new ult it really suits him thematically and i think adds a lot more depth to his ult.
keep up the good work and GIVE ME MY STABBY TABBY ALREADY!!!!!!!

DontChangeRengar

08-24-2013

Welcome back Scar.

First of all I LOVE this new ultimate. Manifique! Excellent work sir! Now that is currently out of the way we can move on to other abilities in the kit!

In your absence I feel a LOT of posts were buried this week and I'd like to bring one of them back to your attention - page 332 of this thread I made a post about an idea for Rengar's E combining your proposed skills shot and the live targeted ability. (I have included some photos in different posts later on)

This is also an idea of compromise between current and proposed versions! Just like your new iteration of the ultimate! I'd VERY MUCH like you to just have a look at it and see what you think about my idea and get back to us. Some of the posters on that page liked that idea, I hope you consider it for testing.

On a separate noted... Could savagery do bleed damage? That could solve the problem of your 1-2 second kill window by putting a bleed on the Q to give the opposition more time to react. I'm thinking true damage, but that would likely be to overpowered so maybe magic damage, suggestions from fellow hunters would be appreciated!

I apologise for the format as this is being written on my phone.

Good hunting!

gatoperro

08-24-2013

What about if at 5 stacks empowered R Rengar gets the ability to leap (once) at a target location.

He would still be in thrill of the hunt and will still be able to leap upon attacking something but now he will have a bit more mobility which should add to the hunting feeling (leaping over a cliff or a wall while rushing through the jungle).

Something like this would probably step on the toes of other champion skills though (think kha'zix).