A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueRoseleader

08-23-2013

Just played Rengar versus a Kha'zix (My friend) without Rengars stealth I wouldnt have been able to get anywhere near close to him( Edit) Mainly because he stayed away from bushes so i couldn't actually "stalk" or "surprise" him ren is too squishy for a flat 1v1 without hiding, it is his stealth that lets him duel)

, also apparantly Rengar can't win Hunt Is On secondary quest, i killed him 3 times and kha, killed me 1ce and got the quest reward. wat

Best Lee Sodium

08-23-2013

Guys, it's riot, they're just going to continue nerfing good ad assassins like rengar, zed, and kha'zix, and continue creating more tanky dps champions to replace them, because squishy yet strong = bad and tanky + peel = good

ElBold

08-23-2013

i main rengar and im wondering what this upcoming rework will be like. i trust you riot!.

Pirulin parao

08-23-2013

ULT NOW GRANTS RED FURY WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS ON THE SPELLS:

w+ red fury: has the same effect than empowered "w" plus aoe fear
e+ red fury: its kinda the same to sejuani's ult
q+ red fury: dont know about this one yet...

THANK YOU RIOT!

Mobilized Boat

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
How about it Scarz, can you toss us a more recent update? Been a while. Let us know what's in the works.
Don't know why he has us give him feedback about why everything he is doing is wrong and then throws a tantrum when we give him his feedback.

rexolot

08-23-2013

Wow thats a HARD nerf I must say... Now his ult will be basically useless, if its just a speed boost.... He won't be able to jump onto ADC like he could have before, because he will be cc'd by the time he gets to the back line. Also With no Stacks His Q won't do nearly enough damage so he could be taken out by an adc once he does manage to jump onto the intended target. Makes me sad because I finally felt rengar was slightly balanced, annoying but fit in well with the game... SAd riot has to kinda ruin his gameplay

Mobilized Boat

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexolot View Post
Wow thats a HARD nerf I must say... Now his ult will be basically useless, if its just a speed boost.... He won't be able to jump onto ADC like he could have before, because he will be cc'd by the time he gets to the back line. Also With no Stacks His Q won't do nearly enough damage so he could be taken out by an adc once he does manage to jump onto the intended target. Makes me sad because I finally felt rengar was slightly balanced, annoying but fit in well with the game... SAd riot has to kinda ruin his gameplay
This is how everyone feels except Scarizard and Classick. Everyone thinks Rengar is fine, balanced and fun but Riot wants to **** with him for no reason. I will name ten champions that could use reworks more than Rengar:
(not in priority order)
1. Heimerdinger
2. Poppy
3. Urgot
4. Xerath
5. Olaf
6. Skarner
7. Galio
8. Sion
9. Viktor
10. Yorick

Steamcario

08-23-2013

0. Warwick

Mobilized Boat

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamcario View Post
0. Warwick
How could I forget him?

MobiIe Ward

08-23-2013

Ult only has 5-20 second cooldown. Only stealths for 1-2 seconds. Only grants 2 ferocity.

This allows him to keep his playstyle. Meaning you can jump into a fight. Fight, leave fight, ult then jump back in.

The low stealth time means he cannot just walk into lane and instantly kill before being seen. And requires better timing because it has a shorter window.

Because of the low cooldown on his ult, it allows him to keep his current teamfighting playstyle, while buffing it.

Meaning, everything else on rengar can remain unchanged.

Edit: To prevent this very short ult duration from being abusive in top lane, Ult will normally have a longer duration. But stacks on the BTN will reduce the cooldown of the ult.