A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleboo View Post
Ok so since 1 guy can bug our rengar, riot should keep the bug, and totally rework the character.
Thanks.

Son, tell me, do you see Rainbows and Unicorns frequently?Do you ever experience a light headed feeling?

Do you not realize that by hinting you know something the rest of us dont (even though many people do/should know) you not only alieniate yourself but make it so no Red will ever care or take you seriously? Do you think "calling out" scarizard like a petulent child will work? First of all it takes tact to get a response, second there needs to be something to respond to.

Right now Scarizard's only response to you is "what bug crazy person, have you taken your meds today"?

Dory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Son, tell me, do you see Rainbows and Unicorns frequently?Do you ever experience a light headed feeling?

Do you not realize that by hinting you know something the rest of us dont (even though many people do/should know) you not only alieniate yourself but make it so no Red will ever care or take you seriously? Do you think "calling out" scarizard like a petulent child will work? First of all it takes tact to get a response, second there needs to be something to respond to.

Right now Scarizard's only response to you is "what bug crazy person, have you taken your meds today"?
Obviously the bug where you can use Q/W/E all with 5 ferocity at 1nce.
Go get diamond now guys. Freelo

FriTzy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Apologies if i'm coming off as 'pissy' - i don't intend to be. The negative feedback is a very important part of an iterative cycle, and in this case one that i anticipated.
Do you really want to know the "negative feedback" it's because we saw Karma... Look at her kit, she is practically unfun to play and USELESS in many way, many will disagree but that's it.Who in they're right mind will take Karma in a high elo?That's why the negative feedback. We're waiting with horror to our Bengar rework, or was it Rengar? silly me, or not.

Gnargar

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleboo View Post
Clearly you don't know Rengar.
He still has damage. You just either don't know the combo, or how to do the combo.
cleary I do, i'm not saying he's trash atm, i'm saying I miss the days he had more damage and didn't have a sh!tty first clear in the jungle.

MagentaMarlin

08-20-2013

I really like the fact you're updating Rengar in the jungle. He's not that great in the jungle atm he just ends up falling behind and weak without the gold and exp he would get top. Maybe you made it so he was invis while in brush like a lion crouching in the grass hard to see.

Mobilized Boat

08-20-2013

Rengar is first and foremost a HUNTER. Hunter's use traps to catch their prey.
What if the new bola strike (would need new name, bola net? or bola snare?) was a ground targetted aoe skillshot like ziggs bouncing bombs.
If you land it on an enemy it snares them, but if you don't, it stays active kinda like a caitlyn trap.
It would be invisible in bush but look like a net trap outside of bush.
To make things interesting you could have 2 active at a time but each one would timeout after 30 seconds to a minute.
This would make things interesting, allowing you to "trap your prey" and would allow you to throw it over minions in lane.
I think this change would be positive and promote smart play without having no counterplay like the current bola strike.
tl;dr Make rengars bola strike into a ground targetted aoe skillshot that snares hit target but becomes a temporary trap if it misses.

For empowered, the damage could be increased and the trap could just be perma-invisible.

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...if_changes_go/

Dory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriTzy View Post
Do you really want to know the "negative feedback" it's because we saw Karma... Look at her kit, she is practically unfun to play and USELESS in many way, many will disagree but that's it.Who in they're right mind will take Karma in a high elo?That's why the negative feedback. We're waiting with horror to our Bengar rework, or was it Rengar? silly me, or not.
Karma is fine if you know how to play her.
I seen her in challenger 3s
I seen her played in LCS
I seen her unstoppable in 1v1s.
She is a good champ.

Chaosos

08-20-2013

Scarizard, the thing I'm most worried about is how you seem to not be answering the questions regarding the traditional rengar abuse scenario: His awesome splitpushing prowess. Your changes seem to only be buffing that, especially with the noted "ult is even stronger for escaping" part. You answer all sorts of trolls and people with low-level questions, but how about the people that have higher level questions that deal with more complex issues that are VERY pertinent to the health of the champ, so you don't have to do another set of drastic changes AGAIN on rengar right after his rework is released.

NA Darklarik

08-20-2013

Some Info for you Guys:

In Pages Pgs(220,223,243,271,272,289,291,312,316), Scarizard has posted Updates, They do not show on the Dev Tracker due to a bug.

Havik223

08-20-2013

I can't believe anyone is honestly *****ing about E being a skillshot. TONS of champions have skillshots; You don't hear people complaining that Rumble has 0 harass. Yeah Mundo's harass ability sure is useless.

For ****'s sake: EVERYTHING IS BEING BUFFED IN LIEU OF MAKING IT A SKILL SHOT! STOP. *****ING.