A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

8475121562315631

Junior Member

08-20-2013

Any updates on the new ult? you said you were gonna share the new ult idea with us yesterday :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rafael Merlo

Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard: (52 of Riot Posts)
Not silly at all, in fact. He has a really cool run animation when in his ult that makes him look really cool while booking it.
Can us get a Nyan Cat Rengar skin that flies during Ult? RIOT PLZ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Liars Creed View Post
So is Scarizard even going to reply to all the people who say targetable E is his last hitting and harass tool in bad match ups? Thats like the biggest reason why it's a bad idea and he completed avoided the question.
He did reply. Read through the comments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Your argument is flawed by your own logic; You've stated this discussion is meaningless/useless - it doesnt represent the majority. Regardless of it being the majority or not it - has had an effect - stealth is being retained as part of Rengar's kit, removal is no longer an option Scarizard is considering (or so we are gradually being led to believe).
I didn't say it was useless. If I implied that, it was NOT intended. What I said was that raging and insisting that 'most of the community says' or 'the community wants such and such' is an absolutely BS argument. Riot's openly stated that despite the forum QQ [oh god the forum QQ] the Trundle rework was received positively by the playerbase as a whole.

The discussion is far from meaningless, you're correct. I just want people to step back from the rageohol and argue from 'This is what I want and why' instead of 'OMG RIOT IS DEFYING THE COMMUNITY RIOT SUX.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Reds don't like people like you (Morello has on numerous occassions told people off when they make your comment of "Discussion is meaningless, your arguments are pointless bc your champion is unfun (cause it is) and here's an absurd example to prove me right"
Again. Not saying 'discussion is meaningless,' because it absolutely isn't. I had a perfectly valid, civil discussion with someone yesterday about this [the Rengar thing]. He didn't agree with me, but he was at least arguing from a position of calm instead of the kneejerk reactions. As for 'your champion is unfun,' I keep pointing that out to the people who say 'Rengar is fun, why are you changing him!?' I'm not intending to say 'You're wrong shut up,' [though I can totally understand how it came across that way and I apologize] but instead trying to get people to open their eyes to the big picture instead of just 'Being Rengar.' It's not about only how Rengar plays. It's about how he interacts with the game as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Rengar only kills one class ADCS - in 1.5seconds- and thats only when absurdly fed - ironically ADCS do the same thing to everyone else when they are also absurdly fed. Mages and Rengar aren't really an issue - Zhonyas the moment he is on you stops the rest of his damage and lets your team collapse to kill him.
And doing that to 1 class is still too many. At least with mages you can typically see them coming. Rengar's stealth is why his burst is wrong. Rengar with burst is ok. Rengar with stealth is ok. Rengar with BOTH is not ok.

In my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Your peers don't like you either btw, otherwise you wouldn't have growing downvotes. Better change that attitude or just be ignored and dismissed by everyone for trying to stifle any kind of discussion. I've seen you in other threads Wyndrydyr, trying to essentially tell people like DDC Thanatoz to "shut the hell up Riot is right and you're wrong, you mean nothing".
Two points here.

1. I don't really give a damn about downvotes. Downvotes just mean I'm supporting an unpopular opinion. It doesn't mean I'm wrong, especially on this board. Let me just weep big crybaby tears about what people on the internet think of me...oh the pain...

2. I've reread my 2 posts to Thanatoz. Whatever you may have interpreted it as, nothing I said was 'shut up you're wrong.' I never once swore, or insulted him. The comment about his points being invalidated by the farcical 'majority' argument was probably extreme, but it's a pet peeve. My bad on that.

Now, that said. I'm not intending to imply 'Riot's automatically right, you're wrong.' My biggest point here is that - from a purely thematic standpoint - Mobile Rocket Knifecat makes a ****load more sense to me personally than Inviso-Cat.

I think the biggest problem I'm having in some of these discussions is that I own - have played - and strongly dislike Rengar live. I don't like the glass cannon build, I hate how squishy he is in the jungle, I hate how FRAGILE he feels for someone who seems like he was literally written for the jungle. And yet - while I wholeheartedly understand that a great many people are attached to Top Lane Rengar - I don't share that attachment, so the way this rework sounds is exactly what I - again, just me personally - really want. So I kinda fundamentally disagree with the current Rengar fans in what he should be...because I really don't think that Live Rengar is really what he SHOULD be.

I also really, really intensely hate the vitriolic, kneejerk 'GG Riot Sux' response to half the things they do. These people bust ass over a free to play game. They clearly work long hours, all the time, and are really frequently on the forums talking to us long after normal working hours. I've never had a job that I loved enough to put work into when I wasn't 'on the clock,' and these people very clearly CARE. So I tend to have a [ironically enough...] kneejerk negative reaction to the flaming. I'll work on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamcario View Post
it was a counterplay thing. but then again now that it has more damage, range and lower cd rengar can stand far away from everything and heave bolas from across the lane to generate ferocity for his heal with no counterplay

Didn't he also say that he can gap-close to what he bola'd?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Didn't he also say that he can gap-close to what he bola'd?
I thought what he meant was 'Gap close onto them from bush, point blank bola for guaranteed hit,' but I could be wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndrydyr View Post
I thought what he meant was 'Gap close onto them from bush, point blank bola for guaranteed hit,' but I could be wrong.

Hopefully his next kit to show us will answer it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndrydyr
snip

Fair enough my bad for misinterpreting you.

I'm not for the "Riot sucks this that" nonsense either. But I don't think it should be dismissed; someone is angry they don't like a change - ignoring that and dismissing their (agreed) piss poor argument won't help to alleviate the problem in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nores

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Didn't he also say that he can gap-close to what he bola'd?
lol that would be exactly what lee sin q does. HOW ORIGINAL!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyndrydyr

Senior Member

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Fair enough my bad for misinterpreting you.

I'm not for the "Riot sucks this that" nonsense either. But I don't think it should be dismissed; someone is angry they don't like a change - ignoring that and dismissing their (agreed) piss poor argument won't help to alleviate the problem in the first place.
In Thanatos's case, as well as seemingly many other arguments, I think there's a conflict of expectation in Rengar's 'theme.' That is, different people expecting different things. I sense two major camps right now:

1. Rengar the Predator [the source of a large portion of the opposition to these changes]

These people largely play Rengar top. They love his feel and play as is, they like the assassin gameplay pattern, and they enjoy the level of homage Rengar pays to the Predator movies. They equate Rengar and The Predator together and feel that that is what he was intended to be.

2. Rengar the Pridestalker [Myself and a minority of 'Warning - opinion' - those who seem to be posting about it]

I see a tribal jungle cat. A freaking sentient Lion Man with a knife. marching through the jungle, pouncing from brush, and throwing down with the big bads for trophies. Extended battles, bouncing through treetops, hit and run. That's what I always expected when I saw Rengar.

Also. Yeah. It's altogether too easy to see someone raging and go "Oh god THIS **** again." It doesn't help that I'm *usually* [But definitely not always] right to dismiss it.

Case in point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
lol that would be exactly what lee sin q does. HOW ORIGINAL!
The game has 115ish champions. Not every mechanic will be unique. Just stop.