A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RYKK888

Recruiter

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamcario View Post
this, tooth fairy rengar pls. I want to see his little fairy wings flutter when he jumps in his cute pink tutu.
lol

alfavhunter

08-19-2013

so many good ideas, i want to see the final version, i can see the nonstealth working, but it feels like it takes away from his flavor... and thats one of the reason i left wow, they nerf hunters saying it improved or 'corrected' the hunter flavor

Talohmiir

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Not sure if serious...He's a cat. With a knife. I've been calling him Knifecat the entire thread just as a colloquial fun term i've used since his release. Rango Knifecat. Ragnar Stabtabby. It's just a nonsense name. It's not indicative of any nefarious plans.

As for my ignoring all of the dissenting opinions, i've already prototyped a version of Rengar's ultimate with stealth added back in because of how important it is (obviously to the reaction) to Rengar's identity. I've commented about it numerous times and am going to update the main post with it soon.

The intent of the testing without it, as i've stated many times before, was to start thinking outside of the box and see what we can learn by removing a core part of his Ult that no one had suggested we try - and what we found outside of thematics and style (which is very, very important to a champion) that in more cases playtesters were willing to trade out the stealth for the extra Duration/MS simply due to it being more powerful in some scenarios. If it weren't for this testing, i'd likely have just stuck with the original version that also had a lot of dissenters (Keep Stealth, give a giant particle above nearby enemies heads) that people didn't enjoy.
That's how i got to where i am. By listening to what the communities concerns, and trying things out to see what will work best in the end. Am i 100% doing everything that's posted here? No, and i likely won't - and a lot of my stuff will (and already has) not worked out. That's the nature of iteration. If i'm not allowed to break some stuff, how will we ever learn new things?

You may disagree with some core parts of my work here, and that's totally valid - you're allowed to feel that way and i'm not going to tell you that you're wrong. I'd like everyone to play it on PBE when it's released, but as for perhaps the most thematic part of Rengar's Ult - the stealth - it's coming back. Not everything here will make it to live - i'm just trying to do right by the community by at least updating y'all when i have new iterations so you can see our thought processes along the way to a final product instead of saying 'Surprise! Here it is!'
Ok, you guys can rage at me all you want, but I am a big Scarizard fan! Why? Because he interacts with the fans. He listens. HE TRIES. I've hightlighted parts in his original post for people that have short attention spans to spot quickly. It's the TL;DR if you will. I love Rengar's stealth and thing it is a huge part of his identity, but not his WHOLE identity. I want it to stay like most. It isn't "To keep, or not to keep" that is the big issue, it is how to balance it. Other champs have stealth, so why would they take it away from one completely. I love the idea of a superfast Rengar that had been posted on Scar's main post, and I love the stealth. So why not a little balance of both.

THE POINT IS: Nothing is set in concrete, ffs, it hasn't even hit PBE yet. So quit raging at him, or trolling eachother over scemantics, and be patient. Give you ideas? Hell yes! Give your opinions? Hell yes, but constructively with reasoning, not the "Scar's raping Rengar, fire him" bullsh*t I see on here.

To Scarizard himself: Can't wait to see your plans. Thanks for not giving up on Rengar, thanks for not throwing in the towl on the forums because of all of the ragers. Now watch me get down voted for being a "kiss ass" or "fan boy" LOL

Talohmiir

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRageTemplar View Post
rengar needs more skins
Pray for at least two more for release upon rework. I sure as hell am

Cant Blind This

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
Except his ult is there to triple Q the enemy ad or ap, not to sprint around the map aimlessly or escape from an enemy.

Cacahao

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Not sure if serious...He's a cat. With a knife. I've been calling him Knifecat the entire thread just as a colloquial fun term i've used since his release. Rango Knifecat. Ragnar Stabtabby. It's just a nonsense name. It's not indicative of any nefarious plans.

As for my ignoring all of the dissenting opinions, i've already prototyped a version of Rengar's ultimate with stealth added back in because of how important it is (obviously to the reaction) to Rengar's identity. I've commented about it numerous times and am going to update the main post with it soon.

The intent of the testing without it, as i've stated many times before, was to start thinking outside of the box and see what we can learn by removing a core part of his Ult that no one had suggested we try - and what we found outside of thematics and style (which is very, very important to a champion) that in more cases playtesters were willing to trade out the stealth for the extra Duration/MS simply due to it being more powerful in some scenarios. If it weren't for this testing, i'd likely have just stuck with the original version that also had a lot of dissenters (Keep Stealth, give a giant particle above nearby enemies heads) that people didn't enjoy.

That's how i got to where i am. By listening to what the communities concerns, and trying things out to see what will work best in the end. Am i 100% doing everything that's posted here? No, and i likely won't - and a lot of my stuff will (and already has) not worked out. That's the nature of iteration. If i'm not allowed to break some stuff, how will we ever learn new things?

You may disagree with some core parts of my work here, and that's totally valid - you're allowed to feel that way and i'm not going to tell you that you're wrong. I'd like everyone to play it on PBE when it's released, but as for perhaps the most thematic part of Rengar's Ult - the stealth - it's coming back. Not everything here will make it to live - i'm just trying to do right by the community by at least updating y'all when i have new iterations so you can see our thought processes along the way to a final product instead of saying 'Surprise! Here it is!'

mmm, could you try some sort of "after leaving a brush rengar has 1 sec stealh" ? or something similar, that should give rengar both jungle power and stalker feeling, and you could keep your non perma stealh R

StarBubbles

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talohmiir View Post
Ok, you guys can rage at me all you want, but I am a big Scarizard fan! Why? Because he interacts with the fans. He listens. HE TRIES. I've hightlighted parts in his original post for people that have short attention spans to spot quickly. It's the TL;DR if you will. I love Rengar's stealth and thing it is a huge part of his identity, but not his WHOLE identity. I want it to stay like most. It isn't "To keep, or not to keep" that is the big issue, it is how to balance it. Other champs have stealth, so why would they take it away from one completely. I love the idea of a superfast Rengar that had been posted on Scar's main post, and I love the stealth. So why not a little balance of both.

THE POINT IS: Nothing is set in concrete, ffs, it hasn't even hit PBE yet. So quit raging at him, or trolling eachother over scemantics, and be patient. Give you ideas? Hell yes! Give your opinions? Hell yes, but constructively with reasoning, not the "Scar's raping Rengar, fire him" bullsh*t I see on here.

To Scarizard himself: Can't wait to see your plans. Thanks for not giving up on Rengar, thanks for not throwing in the towl on the forums because of all of the ragers. Now watch me get down voted for being a "kiss ass" or "fan boy" LOL
So, how did Karma rework get past pbe?

MobiIe Ward

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRageTemplar View Post
rengar needs more skins
I'm fine with the Rengar rework as long as he gets this skin.

Name:  rengar.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  24.0 KB

Rasta Rengar.

Talohmiir

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBubbles View Post
So, how did Karma rework get past pbe?
Don't know, don't play Karma, I'm sure there is another forum to ***** about her changes. This forum is for Rengar.

NA Darklarik

08-19-2013

What kind of stealth are you putting in? Are we going back to the Warning/Longer Stealth? I heard you hint at something that he may be transparent, appering in the screen but hard to see, THAT sounded VERYYYY interesting, albeit you did not elaborate exactly what your idea was.