A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman

Member

08-19-2013

I sometimes wonder why people complain about what a company does with their creations. Some people endlessly complain about nerfs, buffs, and any changes. Heck, most of the time people complain because they cannot deal with changes that make it a little more difficult for their gameplay. It's a game which millions of people play on, and 400, 500, or even a couple thousand people's opinion doesn't matter. Riot is full of employees who play League of Legends with passion, and they will do their best to make the game better.
So, people really need to understand that a) YOU DO NOT OWN RIOT, b) you may ask or discuss the problems you find in the game, but that doesn't mean that you will even get a response from Riot, c) you should be content with Riot employees even bothering to answer your questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leonixxiii

Senior Member

08-19-2013

I like this so far, with the stealth gone (I assume) his R buffs will activate instantly rather than having to wait for the fade to finish... This means better escapes, engages, and chasing.

I like the idea of passive leaping, and if they flash/whatever I can instantly R and releap onto them... Twitch stealthed? Nope, I(/team) see you.

You don't need stealth to engage, just good positioning, and with insta R you have better control of when to use it vs use, and wait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-19-2013

Hey dudes, stuck in a constant stream of playtests + meetings literally from the moment i walked in the door at 10am to current (and we have another hourlong meeting in like 3 minutes) - Had Morello play him this version (So far we've had 3 playtests, one with Xelnath, one with myself, and one with Morello) and we talked about how it's trending and where we want to see it go.

Due to getting no sleep, i'm probably going to head out early but not before at least prototyping and sharing my ult idea, so expect that later this evening.

I'll likely be around later to continue posting after you guys have had your eyes on it, so i look forward to talking Knifecat with y'all. Thanks for your patience so far!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey dudes, stuck in a constant stream of playtests + meetings literally from the moment i walked in the door at 10am to current (and we have another hourlong meeting in like 3 minutes) - Had Morello play him this version (So far we've had 3 playtests, one with Xelnath, one with myself, and one with Morello) and we talked about how it's trending and where we want to see it go.

Due to getting no sleep, i'm probably going to head out early but not before at least prototyping and sharing my ult idea, so expect that later this evening.

I'll likely be around later to continue posting after you guys have had your eyes on it, so i look forward to talking Knifecat with y'all. Thanks for your patience so far!
Wait so u got a new prototype? Just when I was starting to like speedcat.

I've been playing movement speed rengar in bot games and it is fun!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serpen1

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Ok, If you wanna go this way, then fine, whatever, but could you please do what you did with xerath and offer refunds to people who end up not liking it? I own rengar, and I'll at least give him a shot considering I'd have no reason not to, but I bought him (with RP, no less) for completely different reasons then what direction he's currently going in.

If I like him, then great, there won't be a problem, but if I don't, then you've essentially taken my money and ran. Even if the update is good, some people will simply not be interested with that playstyle, and they should be able to swap him out for someone else. 6300 IP is 20+ hours of playing, and 487+rp is a lot of money for nothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jukka Sarasti

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tN King View Post
Its about removing the UNIQUENESS.
Oh that's right.

Only Rengar has stealth. Forgot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jukka Sarasti

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpen1 View Post
Ok, If you wanna go this way, then fine, whatever, but could you please do what you did with xerath and offer refunds to people who end up not liking it? I own rengar, and I'll at least give him a shot considering I'd have no reason not to, but I bought him (with RP, no less) for completely different reasons then what direction he's currently going in.

If I like him, then great, there won't be a problem, but if I don't, then you've essentially taken my money and ran. Even if the update is good, some people will simply not be interested with that playstyle, and they should be able to swap him out for someone else. 6300 IP is 20+ of playing, and 487+rp is a lot of money for nothing.
It's not nothing. YOU are choosing to abandon Rengar because of a change to his kit.

In a game, that is dynamic, that REQUIRES adjustments.

You might just want to stop playing the game altogether. Been playing this game since late 2010 and it and champs and items and jungles and etc etc etc have changed QUITE A BIT. I still own all champs. Never refunded any of them.

Then again, I'm not ignorant of the type of game this is. You would lose your **** if you played WoW from vanilla to now. Just lose your ****.

This game may not be for you, period.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serpen1

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeeT esreveR View Post
It's not nothing. YOU are choosing to abandon Rengar because of a change to his kit.

In a game, that is dynamic, that REQUIRES adjustments.

You might just want to stop playing the game altogether. Been playing this game since late 2010 and it and champs and items and jungles and etc etc etc have changed QUITE A BIT. I still own all champs. Never refunded any of them.

Then again, I'm not ignorant of the type of game this is. You would lose your **** if you played WoW from vanilla to now. Just lose your ****.

This game may not be for you, period.
"I don't agree with you so you're wrong"

I never said I was abandoning him just because he changed. I never even said I definately would. I never said he didn't need to be changed. I said that some people paid for an assassin, something rengar will no longer be. I'm not saying "HURRDURR RITO BETRAYED ME GIBE 2000 RP OR I QUIT," I'm saying that it would be very little trouble on their behalf to offer a refund for the people who payed for one thing and are now getting something else entirely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RYKK888

Recruiter

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeeT esreveR View Post
It's not nothing. YOU are choosing to abandon Rengar because of a change to his kit.

In a game, that is dynamic, that REQUIRES adjustments.

You might just want to stop playing the game altogether. Been playing this game since late 2010 and it and champs and items and jungles and etc etc etc have changed QUITE A BIT. I still own all champs. Never refunded any of them.

Then again, I'm not ignorant of the type of game this is. You would lose your **** if you played WoW from vanilla to now. Just lose your ****.

This game may not be for you, period.

Well, that was quite caustic and unnecessary.

The reason many people are so passionate about this is because they paid money for a champ to work a certain way. If everything was completely free, no one would have any right to complain about any changes. Afterall, the whole game would be a completely free service. Now we did all agree in the terms of service that Riot can change things, but that still doesn't mean people have to be happy and just sit around with it. If a champ that they paid real money for is changed so that it is no longer what they paid for, technically no, you can't do anything about it. But at the same time people have a right to be concerned that what they paid for may no longer be what they want, and I see politely asking for a refund to not be completely uncalled for. Now according to the terms of service, Riot has no obligation to refund said person, but it is nice that they have a refund system already in place in case people no longer like the modified champion that they originally bought.

This discussion thread is for positive feedback and ideas so that we the fanbase can be involved with the changes, so please keep your comments polite and constructive. Because Riot is so open about these changes, we've all had the opportunity to post constructive ideas, concerns, and opinions that other games never ask for. Please do the same instead of simply attacking people who have differing opinions to yours.

Thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsuusetsu

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Master Yi is a melee ADC and he facerolls. A core problem of Rengar is that everything is overloaded on 1 skill, period.
If you want to discuss:
A. Don't talk with baseless generalizations.
B. Be constructive and make [valid] points.

You do neither of those.
I did, it was in the following post, which you obviously didn't read. Also, Master yi is not viable competitively, thats why Riot is changing him again soon. He stomps in low elo pub games, and is never seen in any high elo or competitive matches because he lacks certain things to make him function there. For instance (this is constructive and a valid point, fyi) Master yi needs to snowball to become effective mid game and late game. He needs a teamfight to get a few kills early on, or else he falls out very quickly, and hes just free kills to the enemy team.


What your suggesting is completely changing him. You suggested removing the damage from 3 of his abilities, and just causing them to buff his auto attacks, which is the most boring type of play style in game. Though I guess thats my opinion, if you want to click three buttons and right click, and itch your ass for the fight its not my problem.

You suggest completely remaking the character with abilities that aren't his own. It's basically an entire new character with Rengar's model. Its as if I said. " Lets buff Master yi, but instead of Q bouncing to nearby enemys, lets just let it buff his next auto attack. For his W, instead of healing, lets let it buff his auto attacks for 4 seconds. for his E, instead of buffing auto attacks, lets let it slow. Yea, thats a complete buff" Print it riot