A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2013

ok honestly you guys HE IS NOT BASED ON THE PREDATOR KIT WISE, it was stated, he just had a skin cause its cool. just a heads up :P.

Its just similarities.
honestly chill out on the reds its called oh idk. TESTING? Nothing is final. No need to be so rude.

also an idea FOR stealth on ult for people who cant live without.

So like ( rengar gets alot of trophys and relishes in delight, he now gets 3-5 seconds of stealth if not attacked while stealthing, while stealthed rengar is slower but cant be seen as he is stalking his prey.) [meaning the move speed buff is slower btw]

There it can be balanced, be apart of it, you have to earn the stealth like hes gaining experience as a predator. Whatcha you all think?

BatchBustsMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2013

saw an idea of giving rengar a short burst of stealth after a kill while his ults up, i like that idea.

ColdMiller

08-19-2013

honestly just give ideas, they want to improve his ult BUT stealth makes it difficult cause if you add too much with stealth it becomes toxic.

Its hard to find a fine balance.

So i understand frustrations of it. He is gonna go back and try to look at interactions. so I hope he ooks at our suggestions instead of people raging.

:P

Talohmiir

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdMiller View Post
honestly just give ideas, they want to improve his ult BUT stealth makes it difficult cause if you add too much with stealth it becomes toxic.

Its hard to find a fine balance.

So i understand frustrations of it. He is gonna go back and try to look at interactions. so I hope he ooks at our suggestions instead of people raging.

:P
Agreed

Briefcase Bunny

08-19-2013

I love the new kit, I feel like it will be fun to play. It reinforces the need for team fights in the jungle so Rengar can jump in without the use of his ult. I believe current players will just have to adapt to the new Rengar. It's just another take on a champion that has broken, unbalanceable, or no counter play mechanics. You have to put your trust in Riot that they will make him viable just like the Eve rework (Long ago) changed her from having no counter play to being viable and somewhat counterable. My only concern is that, with his auto-attack reset and insane speed, he will be a backdoor legend. He now has a skillshot with longer range to kite with, jukes with jumps, a tower destroying auto-attack reset, an AoE damage ability, and as said, insane speed. He can go from one lane to the next with his ult and continue his backdooring.

oOMegaGenesis

08-19-2013

I'm still waiting for the Aatrox patch......

X1zz3l

08-19-2013

I still don't get why you can't show us playtests
Xelnath showed us pics of the "Rengar is nearby" indicator and had no issues with anyone whatsoever, why can't you just show us Rengar changes seperated from all other testing stuff?

Corvic Maractis

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1zz3l View Post
I still don't get why you can't show us playtests
Xelnath showed us pics of the "Rengar is nearby" indicator and had no issues with anyone whatsoever, why can't you just show us Rengar changes seperated from all other testing stuff?
There are multiple reasons mainly that there are champs that arn't announced yet in there as well as possible items that are being tested. and you could only do images which would not work well as most of rengar's changes are action oriented and require video, which cant be seperated from other testing things.

NVDax

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick post because i woke up way too early, read the last 10 or so pages since i passed out 4~ hours ago, going to pass out again but -

- 28 AD/lvl is not final and i've said across many posts i'm looking to increase this. Damage numbers were kept low to see 'How worth it is this item for these types of bonuses without a heap of AD forcing you to get it?' I have less issue with this getting more AD - this is generally why i don't post numbers because they're constantly in flux. Seeing so many people saying 'I like it/could like it but the AD is so low it seems useless' is why numbers are a tuning point.

- I don't want to seem stubborn when i say that i'm going to continue to test this no-stealth version (Testing is testing, and i'm going to see how it goes) but you guys are pretty loud and clear about needing stealth in some form for this to be anywhere near what you want. I've seen enough posts/feedback that 'Like the changes, concerned/worried about loss of stealth' that i think there are some solutions to have it be back on the kit.

Previous iteration to this (Full stealth + Warning) had issues. Current iteration (Much longer duration, Much higher MS, Much shorter CD + No Stealth) seems to be hitting the gameplay that we want but loses the Stealth that you guys really want. I think there's a way to introduce Stealth back in - i have a cool idea that might be really dumb but it's too early in the morning to know. Gonna go back to crashing, but i'll be back when i'm up to talk more.

(To those of you who actually like the No Stealth changes - this isn't about me buckling under pressure - if the 'No Stealth In Any Form Whatsoever' Ult is best for our game, i'll do it in a heartbeat. I just want to do some more exploration/prototyping on some ideas that may reincorporate Stealth for those fans who feel it makes/breaks his uniqueness.)

Thanks for continuing to post - you're all very passionate about the changes, and i am never someone to turn down feedback, even for those of you who don't care for me or where i've taken it so far. I'm listening. I hope the next time i have an update it will be something that most of you can agree with!
Quit being afraid of stealth! There is nothing wrong with it, despite the what the masses say.

Darklightning

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
We don't need another Quinn ultimate, we have that already.