A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenobite Azaziel

08-18-2013

Well, reading the topic, the conclusion is : "LEAVE RENGAR ALONE. DON'T "BUFF"(nerf) HIM.

WE DON'T WANNA A REWORK, we are FINE with him the way it is. Don't ruin him."

RYKK888

Recruiter

08-19-2013

I'm still worried a little about his skill shot E. I really like the idea of a skillshot, but the chance of completely missing an empowered skill is pretty scary. I think the E should be given a lot more reward for hitting it, or it should be some sort of ground-targeted skill that also does damage on the way to the final target (where the root would be at, similar to Diana's crescent strike but in a straight line). Otherwise, if it is just a straight Mystic Shot-style skillshot, then the non-empowered should root and the Empowered should maybe allow a free follow up jump to the target hit. Making it a skillshot opens up a lot more play options and I personally much prefer skillshots, but the fact that you may now miss out on gaining ferocity or even waste a full empowered skill means E should have a lot more reward.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2013

It's amazing how ape-**** crazy some people are getting over his stealth being removed.

For all intents and purposes, its removal is better for Rengar's balance and aesthetics, but because it's stealth we're dealing with, people by the boatload are freaking out since they don't want to give up the silly tricks they can do with it, like walk right up to people and not be noticed.

BabySnatcherr

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Read this!

There's currently a bug with Dev Tracker where my posts aren't showing up - i've been reading every post here and responding when i can, but due to this issue it's easy to think i've somehow abandoned this thread. I haven't! I'll c/p at the bottom posts i've made since then so you can respond to them in turn, or at least be up-to-date with my information rather than having them drown out 10-20 pages later.

BEGIN MAIN POST------------------------------------------------------------

(Snip)
Came to see how things were going. Was about to rage when I thought you had stopped responding/deleted posts... Then I went saw someone posted saying your dev tracker wasn't working. Glad to read that you're still trying to work on keeping the stealth/Rengar's identity mostly intact. Really hope it can work out so he still feels like Rengar and you can accomplish whatever you set out to accomplish with the rework. Good luck.

(PS: Don't take away Rengar's stealth. Don't rape my predator kitty!)

eastcoastblaze

08-19-2013

**** these rengar changes, i know its not constructive, but he doesnt need nerfed. he needs buffed. the phrase if it aint broke dont fix it comes to mind. however it should adjusted like this for riot. if it's broke dont brake it more

badasabot

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
It's amazing how ape-**** crazy some people are getting over his stealth being removed.

For all intents and purposes, its removal is better for Rengar's balance and aesthetics, but because it's stealth we're dealing with, people by the boatload are freaking out since they don't want to give up the silly tricks they can do with it, like walk right up to people and not be noticed.
my favorite part is when I'm playing normals and people try and walk right up to me when i have an oracles on(mostly happens with twitches and eves but still so funny)

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2013

give him his stealth that is what makes him rengar seriously idk why you even are contemplating removing it

MaitreJoris

08-19-2013

I don't really get anymore on how is this thread a "Discussion" when every time Scar replies, it's always him and those that agrees with his changes, or "Wav3break and how he's pumped for my changes."

When he do replies to those that disagree with the changes, it's in a sarcastic form and that everything wasn't constructive enough to warrant his attention.

Kind of lame.

DreamsOfGrandeur

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Lightning View Post
give him his stealth that is what makes him rengar seriously idk why you even are contemplating removing it
See this? ^
That sort of post is why we can't have nice things.

The people mad about this aren't mad because because removing stealth doesn't make sense, but because people just like having stealth. So much so that they think stealth = Rengar's core mechanics.

COMPLETE BULL****.

What makes him Rengar is the mechanics that make you want to lurk and stalk your targets.
His brush-leap mechanic, his ult letting him see enemies in the fog of war, his bola... The stuff that lets him HUNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitreJoris View Post
When he do replies to those that disagree with the changes, it's in a sarcastic form and that everything wasn't constructive enough to warrant his attention.

Kind of lame.
Maybe it's because those who disagree provide lame rebuttals and really were not constructive.

I have yet to see a single pro-stealth argument that doesn't summarized into one of the following:
  • Stealth is core to Rengar (with no supporting evidence beyond OPINION)
  • I like stealth, so you should keep it. (OPINION)
  • Rengar will be useless without stealth. (with NO EXPLANATION)

All completely stealth-biased nonsense that does not address the problems of the current Thrill of the Hunt at all.

Scar doesn't address them seriously because they should not be taken seriously.

Scarizard's already addressed the serious discussion of possibly making Rengar's stealth like Evelynn's stealth.
The rest is the forum's vocal minority having a tantrum.

Raiyn

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
See this? ^
That sort of post is why we can't have nice things.

The people mad about this aren't mad because because removing stealth doesn't make sense, but because people just like having stealth. So much so that they think stealth = Rengar's core mechanics.

COMPLETE BULL****.

What makes him Rengar is the mechanics that make you want to lurk and stalk your targets.
His brush-leap mechanic, his ult letting him see enemies in the fog of war, his bola... The stuff that lets him HUNT.

Maybe it's because those who disagree provide lame rebuttals and really were not constructive.

I have yet to see a single pro-stealth argument that doesn't summarized into one of the following:
  • Stealth is core to Rengar (with no supporting evidence beyond OPINION)
  • I like stealth, so you should keep it. (OPINION)
  • Rengar will be useless without stealth. (with NO EXPLANATION)

All completely stealth-biased nonsense that does not address the problems of the current Thrill of the Hunt at all.

Scar doesn't address them seriously because they should not be taken seriously.

Scarizard's already addressed the serious discussion of possibly making Rengar's stealth like Evelynn's stealth.
The rest is the forum's vocal minority having a tantrum.

Be honest with me. How many pages of this thread have you read before you posted this trash? Many people have provided detailed atguments as to why Rengar needs stealth and how ad reduction on his wis absolute garbage. One poster who you will find someone quoted for the 5th time now (Ddc thanatoz posted pg 302 for the 6/7th time) made a detailed explanation as to why stealth IS rengar and as to why the Q train and W ad reduction are idiotic.

Here's a tldr for you since you have reading comprehension problems or just dont read im not sure which. But its a pretty bad generalization to say gd is whining and that's why scarizard isn't vocalizing contrary opinions to his own. Instead I would like to see a response to some of the huge detailed posts like thanatoz's rather than the small ones that always favour scarizards rework that he responds to.

This is turning out worse than the karma rework in terms of hearing player feedback

Rengar stealth is predator stealth he isn't rengar or a predatpr without it
Ad reduction is garbage it doesn't work on tryn or trundle and it has no effect vs mages making rengar more vulnerable than he was before. Especially to ap top laners
Q train makes him a boring bruiser and is unlikely to be effective as jt requires constant melee ; something that cc prevents on assassins/madc I.e. imagine tryn he doesn't teamfight well bc cc ruins him. Q train would be ruined the same way