A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster jockey View Post
I guess the only meaningful feedback I was able to glean from the past however many pages of rage, hyperbole, and insults is "people are concerned that his ult won't feel impactful if it completely becomes a steroid."
And "Rengar players really hate ADCs."

Vdragoon

08-18-2013

who's fuken mandate is it to lose stealth anyways? stop trying to **** on champions with stealth. holy **** this is pissing me off. i want a refund if it's going through.

THUNDERMINE

08-18-2013

This rework is making me unable to hunt and I am losing weight.

Cenobite Azaziel

08-18-2013

"OH , q train is unfun can kill any squishy 100-0."

So can Kassadin. And Ryze, ahri, akali, annie, diana, fizz, zed, khazix....

Hey, some of them can burst after jumping off a wall/bush, they don't even have to be invisible!

And most of them have an escape mechanism. So, while you're raping rengar, kill all the assassins of the game. Because burst is UNFUN.

Oh, you can't buy some wards or get some HP as an ADC? I guess what doens't have a counter play is the "I won't change my build"

While the jungler, mid and top have to deal with it, changing their build, or at least the buying order, NOOOOO the ADC can't be bothered. It's too much for ther mind.

So, rengar can't q train, but the adcs can AA him to death with 4 ou 5 shots(and 90% of the bruisers). Boy, that's what I call fun =D.

The gimp of being a ADC should be - 1 - lame early game, 2- squishy, 3- positioning.

It isn't rengars fault.

Just rename rengar to "Usain Bolt, the Kitty apprentice hunter that can't hit a bola and the best friend of Olaf, the gutted."

Pppl today are alyaws qqing about the jungle rengar. JUST CHANGE YOUR RUNES SETUP! Today, with a lot of MS runes rengar can work well in the jungle, llvling Q and can still gank effectively. You don;t have to build each jungler the SAME SETUP with the SAME RUNES.

Please BUFF rengar. Don't nerf what is good of him as a trade off for some gimmincks. Don't wanna a race car. LIONS don't run that fast.

Make him a cheetah or just leave him alone.

As he is now, he isn't a OP/reliable champ, but it is WHAT WE BOUGHT. A kick ass lion hunter that IS a tribute to the AVP franchise.

Not Chester Cheetah.

Tortferngatr

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Eternity View Post
The issue you don't seem to understand OP is that stealth can only exist as a mechanic in two states; either hyper effective, or super ineffective.

When stealth works, it works too good. The enemy has no chance to react and is brutally torn to shreds. Is this cool? Yes. But is this fun? Not at all. It makes you feel like you had no chance to fight back. You couldn't outplay someone you didn't even know was there.

The flip side is, when stealth DOESN'T work, it's awful. People who pink ward or have oracles largely invalidate the stealthing champion, making the whole point of stealth in the first place pointless. This makes the stealth user now the one who feels bad, because they couldn't outplay someone who decided to just pay 150 gold to be able to see them.

This is why stealth is a stupid mechanic. It either works too good, or works like ****, and it's why I'm glad they're trying different things.
On that note, Scarizard--I have a question. Don't worry, the goal is to improve the feedback quality.

Is the stealth removal iteration somehow related to Season 4 changes to vision? It seems like most of the commentary is presuming current vision mechanics--is the ult being designed around Season 4 vision mechanics? That might seriously affect the feedback and our capacity to reasonably give it.

Steamcario

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdC Thanatoz View Post

-E Bola shot now a skillshot, sorry but you dropped the ball on this one, this is the last nail in the coffin for top Rengar, before i get into gameplay let me tell you something, Rengar is an expert hunter, he has toned his body, weapons and abilities over the years, this means that whoever he chooses to be the target is not gonna escape the bola shot, that is the point of the bola right now in live, now to gameplay, if you make bola hit minions then it is just gonna be so easy to dodge in lane by hiding behind minions, even if it becomes like ezreal's Q people can just sidestep and dodge it, if you make it that it doesn't hit minions or monsters then he won't gain ferocity from it in the jungle hurting his jungle clearing/ganking potential, the bola strike right now gives Rengar a fallback option in those hard lanes where he can't max the Q because he is gonna get out-traded(Jax, Irelia, Panttheon, just to name a few) or gives him a way to bully safely if he is winning the lane and doesn't want to take risks.
Also reposting this part as it echos my thoughts about rengar's E exactly. you're fixing something that isn't broken and is actually kinda a pillar of top lane rengar >.<

with a long range skillshot E, rengar can't really harass, but what he CAN do, is sit far away from the wave if he falls behind and throw bolas at it til he can heal. With the short range of the bola he can harass with it, but he can also be denied ferocity if he falls behind as all of his spells are short range and all his mobility is aggressive.

Trolling h4d

08-18-2013

Alright so, this is my other account and i moved my real one to Oceania.

First thing, you have ruined rengars predator feel and are destroying him like you did with Karma.

Please don't do the same mistake and revert the stealth changes and instead of buffing attack speed buff his damage on his Q. We don't want another master yi.

And the E skillshot is way to risky with little reward.

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

I know Scarizard was recently talking to incorporate stealth still. So I'm going to stay off that subject for now, because I think he still needs it, but don't think it needs to remain on Ult, new ult MS sounds cool; tho I'd like that jumpcat idea to happen here.

What I want to get at is his E. I meantioned in an earlier post somehwere between pages 168 and 176 (if anyone cares to look), that it being a skill shot is fine as long as it isn't stopped by minions.

HEAR ME OUT.

If the do it like Sej's ult/ Diana's Q, it would be great, but that the end icon on the skill shot was the target for the bolo slow/root. I would also love to see that he had a second activate on it that allowed him to jump on the target, like Liss's claw. This would work toplane to target the champions, but also work in the jungle to target neutrals on the other side of the walls. I know, and agree, that missing screws you over on a Ferocity stack, and super screws you over if it is empowered. But if we get to keep the stealth, God willing, then I think this helps with that high risk/reward they are shooting for. It would be good to help clear minion waves in top; hit the line with it, then roar to finish them off at higher levels, and would still harass the enemy top. It would give the junglecat a mobility he is lacking. It gives him that assassin feel, where you could ult in and leap on an enemy champion, and if need be, escape by hitting wraiths and leaping over wall. Doing this would make his leap a secondary harass that is still counterable. Grant a higher skill to play, since it is a skill shot, and more reward for landing it; ESPECIALLY when doing a blind throw in the fog of war while chasing down your prey.

I'm sure I'll get raged at from my fellow Rengar fans for wanting the Skillshot E, but I'd still like to hear thoughts. Another reply from Scarizard would be great for this idea, as to if/why/why not this idea could/would work.

PallasAthens

08-18-2013

Hey Riot. Read this topic.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3780364

Here's the short on it:
WARDS RUIN HIS ULT.
HE'S JUST A HOMOGENIZED MASTER YI NOW.
HE'LL STILL BE BROKEN AT LOW ELO, AND YOU'LL NERF HIM WITHOUT FIXING ANYTHING.
IF YOU WANT TO BALANCE THE GAME, LIMIT WARD PURCHASES AND REMOVE FLASH.
SERIOUSLY, THIS RENGAR REMAKE SUCKS ON PAPER AND IN PLAY.

That's the gist of it. No anger, just sadness of how homogenized this game is becoming.

DeathByWaffle

08-18-2013

As long as Rengar's passive is the same and his ult still has that enemy detection thing, I'm happy. Those two things were my favorite part of rengar