A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEiM0S1

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
ok so.... You're nerfing his burst
You're nerfing his necklace
You're nerfing his ultimate
You're completely removing his stealth

How do you expect this to go over well with fans?

Oh no Rengar's gonna be fast! look out! We don't have people to fill that role already...

You forget the idea is to AMBUSH, not "well i dont care if you see me, im moving fast!"

You're killing EVERYTHING that lets him ambush prey. therefore killing rengar. Go back to the drawing board, or leave him alone
^^ I could not have said it better myself.....Scarizard if you are going to do this to the champ and totally change the essence, I want my damn money back. If I spent the time I did to buy a Character or bought your Riot points to have a Champ not be what is anymore I HAVE TO use another champ? I am now obligated to jump to the next thing because you have nothing better to do lol? Wow I had to laugh at that last statement because it's ridiculous!

I won't argue about making tweaks, changes as it has been done to some champs but to "fine tune," EVERY aspect of Rengar is not COOL, NOT at ALL! On the Bonetooth, you're missing Cooldown and Armor Pen, Bola should get a little range increase but NOT a Skillshot because I'm going to assume it won't go through minions. Please think this over as well. The moment I saw Rengar (which was about the time I started playing LOL) everything about him, ESPECIALLY his ELEMENT of surprise was the motivation I had to spend hours getting IP to purchase him and then subsequently learn more about the system of LOL. So Kha can have stealth and not Rengar? Stick to the Lore, because you are missing the point of this champ. People LOVE this champ because of what he embodies (at least to me) and this is just absurd!

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

PS we already have this... its called Quinn ultimate. Oh wait... you're probably reworking her so that will go away, even though we like her she just needs some mechanics clean up.

Krimson62

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCheez View Post
Tell me any other champion that has a large speed boost besides poor Rammus and Hecarim.
Shyvana, udyr, skarner, blitzcrank, quinn, lulu, teemo, any team with a zilean on it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEiM0S1 View Post
^^ I could not have said it better myself.....Scarizard if you are going to do this to the champ and totally change the essence, I want my damn money back. If I spent the time I did to buy a Character or bought your Riot points to have a Champ not be what is anymore I HAVE TO use another champ? I am now obligated to jump to the next thing because you have nothing better to do lol? Wow I had to laugh at that last statement because it's ridiculous!

I won't argue about making tweaks, changes as it has been done to some champs but to "fine tune," every aspect of Rengar is not COOL, NOT at ALL! The moment I saw Rengar (which was about the time I started playing LOL) everything about him, ESPECIALLY his ELEMENT of surprise was the motivation I had to spend hours getting IP to purchase him and then subsequently learn more about the system of LOL. So Kha can have stealth and not Rengar? Stick to the Lore, because you are missing the point of this champ. People LOVE this champ because of what he embodies (at least to me) and this is just absurd!
Exactly... So he kills the fed ADC. He dies immediately afterwards. If the enemy team cannot deal with a one for one trade they failed tactically.

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
Shyvana, udyr, skarner, blitzcrank, quinn, lulu, teemo, any team with a zilean on it.
eve as well

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talohmiir View Post
He just deleted part of your quote and reposted like a troll.
nonono, he didnt have the word 'not' in there. thats why he said he typoed. he changed it after.

Krimson62

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
eve as well
i left out a few in case he challenged it, like volibear, singed, and eve. there are LOTS

VanceStubbs

08-18-2013

ITT: people who cannot read

Also, people who hate change

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
i left out a few in case he challenged it, like volibear, singed, and eve. there are LOTS
yea there are.

Darklightning

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Effects have been testing positively, would like to tweak the stats so that the item feels appropriately slot-efficient statwise, but not by too much - the vision for Rengar isn't that this item is a 'must-buy' - it's still a risk/reward item, but retuned so that the item itself is appealing to those who want to really embrace and play up Rengar's identity as a hunter.

I'll echo my previous post and say that i'm not super stoked about the Tier 3 as a standalone, but everything else feels really powerful/enabling for Rengar.
Okay... one way to make me even consider playing him after your remake... drop the current 14 stacks effect to 9 stacks spot and at 14 stacks grant invisibility on ultimate. Don't like the invisibility? Kill him. It drops his stacks.