A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monsieur Gui

08-18-2013

I was thinking, the ult could be a combo of stealth and visibility. I mean, You are visible almost all the time, except when you reach a certain radius near an enemy champion (let's say 1500 range or less). When you enter this radius, Rengar could go invisible and go back visible if he goes out of this range. With this possible solution, if, by example, Rengar gank mid, the Mid Laner could have the opportunity to see Rengar arrives and freaks a little bit and go back to his tower, or simply defend hiself.

I don't know what you think of this, but it could be an awesome idea.

Suscipio

08-18-2013

People sure are funny. You say Riot is becoming like Blizzard etc.. about not talking or communicating with the community. They talk about changes they are discussing and they get **** on by the community. Gee, I wonder why they don't want to talk as much? How about we wait and try the changes, like Xelnath said, before we burn Scarizard at the stake.

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC Tactix View Post
The whole "frustration" about rengar instagibbing an adc stems from people not buying oracles or vision wards. Let whiny adc's adapt to assassins instead of nerfing/reworking every single one of their threats.
GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!!!! Perfectly put. I don't know how many times I've killed an ADC that screams "RENGAR OP!" and then through our Supports Pinks, or Oracles, find out that there were no wards down there. The great thing about Rengar is that his stealth is already counterable with wards, but (if you play a good Rengar) You don't shoot down into an area known to be warded, UNTIL your support takes out their wards; opening the door for you. This shows how the Support doesn't just 'support' the adc, but the jungler as well.

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnem View Post
@Scarizard

Maybe Rengar could be invisible in and running out of bushes? It limits the places where his invis is abused, but it gives players a place to ward, and it limits his gank paths. This way people know where Rengar could come from and can adapt accordingly without fearing SUDDENLY RENGAR from almost anywhere.

If you are honestly spreading his damage out over time so that you don't explode when Knifekat jumps, then the abuse case is -gone-. Nocturne's jump has a large telegraph but his ult is even more map-warping than others.

I'm honestly OK with removing the triple Q. But taking away stealth means that a Rengar loses ALL of the fun mind-dickery with his ult.
I keep seeing the idea of keeping stealth while in bushes. BRILLIANT! I hope this is what Scarizard was saying about the best of both worlds.

Krimson62

08-18-2013

ok so.... You're nerfing his burst
You're nerfing his necklace
You're nerfing his ultimate
You're completely removing his stealth

How do you expect this to go over well with fans?

Oh no Rengar's gonna be fast! look out! We don't have people to fill that role already...

You forget the idea is to AMBUSH, not "well i dont care if you see me, im moving fast!"

You're killing EVERYTHING that lets him ambush prey. therefore killing rengar. Go back to the drawing board, or leave him alone

Majestic Stev

08-18-2013

To be honest, I don't think these changes if they go through are even that bad.
Sure, it sucks he loses his stealth and people will go "BUT HE HUNTSSSS"
I'll have to see how it feels before I make a big assessment.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Bola Strike
-Is now a skillshot
-Increased Range
Lost me at is now a skillshot. Bye Rengar. That is the dumbest tradeoff ever. I use my jump and then hit them with it. Now I have to deal with stupid angles as I come out of the bush. GG.

CrispyCheez

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
ok so.... You're nerfing his burst

Oh no Rengar's gonna be fast! look out! We don't have people to fill that role already...
Tell me any other champion that has a large speed boost besides poor Rammus and Hecarim.

Talohmiir

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
LOL i typo'd that pretty hard D: i don't actually 100% giga-finalized want to remove stealth, it's just seeing what we can learn about Rengar's ult by testing without it. Good catch u_u inb4tinfoil
He just deleted part of your quote and reposted like a troll.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Oh I need to take back what I said about Bola strike... I come back and now this thread is A Wild Knifecat Disappears! (Rengar Farewell)

What the .... censors himself... what are you trying to pull? Why do you rip champions apart when you "look at them". This is another Karma in the works btw. His play will plummet. You took everything I liked about him and trashed it. I must love toxic characters... going forward you should run them all past me before they make it to PBE. If I love it scrap it, because you'll do it later. You ruin every champion I'm loving and the part I like you always say is bad for the game. So ya... I'm so mad about the direction this has gone I could continue spewing paragraphs about it. But why bother, you clearly aren't trying to design Rengar anywhere close to where he was originally. (PS... this all started when I saw I decided that the main mechanic- stealth should be stripped from the ultimate.)

Your creativity, or lack thereof, in trying to make a champion work as it was originally designed is astounding.

Okay done flaming. Going to go play some LoL... maybe Rengar before they do to him like Spielberg did to Indian Jones in the latest movie.