A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

If your not talking about rengar, please leave the thread, youre both trying to argue with me when all i did was agree with someone about a possible change. Ill tell u again, this is a game, there's room for change and it doesnt have to be "thematically accurate" because it is a game. Im here for a champ that i personally love. Let's both cut the childish **** and get back to rengar, ok?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
look, man. i'm sorry that you're mad that you can't understand the difference between stretching/tweaking realism for fantastic effect and taking something else and making it into something that it is not, yet still wanting to call it the same thing.

again, going back to the Caitlyn example. say you took 90 Calibre Net and removed it's slow effect. now all it does is do damage. at that point, what is the point of it even being a net, since it doesn't do what a net does? might as well just be another projectile/different kind of shot or bullet.

a bola is a snare. it doesn't pass through people. bullets do. i'm sorry you can't understand the difference.
Yes but i dont think that you understand that it is still a game. This game does not resemble most things in life. Perhaps caitlyn and mf were bad examples. But is it accurate to say that Pantheon, a Spartan(a human), can jump from one side of the map to the other?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalfi

Senior Member

08-18-2013

The only concern I have with the loss of stealth is it might hurt his ability to get around and pick off the back line. That being said, I like the changes for a couple of reasons.

I think that people are misinterpreting stealth as as the thing that makes him an awesome hunter/stalker/whatever. The stealth is not what makes his ult cool. The infrared true sight is what makes his ult cool. It the ability to say, "I see you trying to escape, but I will find you and cut you down, and there is no way for you to escape me." As long as he can still do that, I don't see the stealth mattering. In fact, since there is more counter play in that he can be seen coming, it lets him be more powerful once he gets to someone. In fact, I think forcing you to actively be sneaky by circling around your opponents, instead of just letting you walk past them for free, will evoke even more of a hunter feel to it. Again, I really think it is the ability to find anyone that makes hunting so awesome, not the fact that you get stealth while your doing so. Plus, the longer duration and faster speed should make you able to find targets you might not otherwise have been able to get to. Ultimately I really like the ideas behind these Rengar changes and look forward to the PBE release.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FurryKittenSoup

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniateTruth View Post
The worst part about the change to his R is that it is a huge movement speed buff that just disappears the moment that you engage. Other assassins with this like Yi can go in and go out with his speed but Rengar is a single target assassin that can burst anyone down anymore due to his q nerf who can just be CC'd and killed with no effort at all.
I'm pretty sure the ult still lasts after u engange.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FurryKittenSoup

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
look, man. i'm sorry that you're mad that you can't understand the difference between stretching/tweaking realism for fantastic effect and taking something else and making it into something that it is not, yet still wanting to call it the same thing.

again, going back to the Caitlyn example. say you took 90 Calibre Net and removed it's slow effect. now all it does is do damage. at that point, what is the point of it even being a net, since it doesn't do what a net does? might as well just be another projectile/different kind of shot or bullet.

a bola is a snare. it doesn't pass through people. bullets do. i'm sorry you can't understand the difference.

i'm not here to pick fights. i'm here for the same reasons you say you are. i'm simply pointing out that your suggestion/the suggestion you are defending makes no sense. if you want it to pass through people, fine. but it shouldn't be a bola anymore. it should be something like a spear or a shoulder-mounted laser cannon (if we really want to mimic the Predator so closely). bolas don't do that.
i suggest you take your own advice.
I've seen bolas in real life that can trap multiple targets. So both you guys please stop arguing and stop clouding the comments so Scarizard can see the important ones.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
you're not talking about Rengar! better leave the thread!
/eyeroll
Cant argue with the pantheon example can u? /eyeroll


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taint Misbehavin

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
I've seen bolas in real life that can trap multiple targets.
again, point missed. that was not the argument. it's the passing through targets. have you ever seen one do that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taint Misbehavin

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
Cant argue with the pantheon example can u? /eyeroll
no, i can't argue with stubborn people who miss the point and try to counter with senseless hyperbole.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
again, point missed. that was not the argument. it's the passing through targets. have you ever seen one do that?
have u ever seen a bullet go through multiple people wearing armor? again not accurate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taint Misbehavin

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
have u ever seen a bullet go through multiple people wearing armor? again not accurate
can't tell if gigantic troll or gigantic moron. either way, i'm done wasting my time here.