A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
Im crying.
LOL i typo'd that pretty hard D: i don't actually 100% giga-finalized want to remove stealth, it's just seeing what we can learn about Rengar's ult by testing without it. Good catch u_u inb4tinfoil

MobiIe Ward

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Hey y'all -

I've made a couple posts (4-5?) since the final Xelnath post on Dev Tracker, but it seems there's a bug with the forum currently where they aren't showing up in the Dev Tracker or as 'Next Riot' posts you can search to. I'm going to dig them back up and probably add them to the main post for now, since they cover some issues i think are important (Why i think Eve type stealth isn't appropriate, why i think semi-transparency isn't an answer, and how i'm trying a version of the ult that retains stealth).

You're all entitled to/should keep posting your feedback, but in the interest of answering those which i've already covered and to show you guys that i'm not like 100% trying to remove stealth here, i'll dredge them up and put them on the front page. Be sure to refresh or check back in 10m or so on the front page, i'll make a note of it there as well!
"Trying to remove stealth" or trying not to remove stealth?

Tr3AL

08-18-2013

The fuk is this **** forcing rengar into the jungle.. hes gonna get **** on by, rumble, elise, ryze, zac, vlad, kennen, etc so hard top. Don't know why you feel the need to destroy a champ and destroy his item too. These new skills seem like a kid made them up, and seem like someone just making random **** up with a spin-for-random-effect wheel. Same thing with his item, honestly who the **** is going to buy that worthless piece of **** item.. its barely good for jungle.. what about for the people that actually play rengar though. And at that it will only be good up to 25 min lol.. Please if you are going to rework rengar put an adult on the job, someone that will think things through without just randomly destroying a champ so no one will play it.

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
LOL i typo'd that pretty hard D: i don't actually 100% giga-finalized want to remove stealth, it's just seeing what we can learn about Rengar's ult by testing without it. Good catch u_u inb4tinfoil
lmao better change that then

MobiIe Ward

08-18-2013

Once again I have to ask you this:

SHOW US VIDEOS!!!!!

Just saying this feel better or I made good plays without the stealth means nothing to us who can see nothing on it.

If you want better feedback from us: Give us actual videos of this stealthless Rengar being played so that we have a better understand of what he is now and how he plays now.

Just as Xelnath was skeptical until he saw and tried it out: We here will remain skeptical until we too can see and/or try it.

So please: Show us videos of a play test.

And yes: I will be repeating this again and again until you give us a play video or a reason why you won't.

MobiIe Ward

08-18-2013

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there's some truth to that typo. It truely shows your subconcious thoughts. You really want stealth out of the game don't you? Don't let your biased affect your job.

5murf337

08-18-2013

Quote:
1. This is very scary - but has a lot of good feels from a flow perspective. Elise's Cocoon and Syndra's Stun both reveal targets hit so you can more easily follow-up your combos and dashes. It's a change that would have a lot of cool play associated with it, but it's unclear whether or not it's good for the game overall. (this exact situation came up today where i really wanted to leap to the blue buff that i bola'd!) We'll be having a lot of conversations on whether or not we should, but if it's not too disruptive i'd like to!
Is it possibly to have it only grant vision of champions? So you'd still hear the thunk of it hitting buffs and the like but only be Leaping Knifecat for the kill?

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
And yes: I will be repeating this again and again until you give us a play video or a reason why you won't.
There are a lot of reasons i can't show you videos of playtests - ones that i know of consist of the fact that we rarely -if ever- playtest singular test-subjects. Often times this includes an upcoming rework, visual update, patch balance changes (in which case we have many more variables) or a new champion altogether. Not to mention new particles, items in the shop, etc.

And that's just the reasons i can think of pertaining to Game Design. Lord knows there are tons of potential Legal concerns and other stuff i haven't even been introduced to, but showing you a video of our playtest is kind of off the table. Please stop spamming the same thing over and over D: it's not really a good way to help a discussion at all.

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
There are a lot of reasons i can't show you videos of playtests - ones that i know of consist of the fact that we rarely -if ever- playtest singular test-subjects. Often times this includes an upcoming rework, visual update, patch balance changes (in which case we have many more variables) or a new champion altogether. Not to mention new particles, items in the shop, etc.

And that's just the reasons i can think of pertaining to Game Design. Lord knows there are tons of potential Legal concerns and other stuff i haven't even been introduced to, but showing you a video of our playtest is kind of off the table. Please stop spamming the same thing over and over D: it's not really a good way to help a discussion at all.
Scarizard can i perhaps propose that if u do indeed end up removing stealth, that maybe you can allow rengar to jump continuously on his enemies while the ultimate is active for the X seconds that it is active. It would make him scary as hell in teamfights and itd be humorous to see him jump around from tanks in the front line to adc in the back.

The Liars Creed

08-18-2013

So are you ready to share with us this alternate idea in order to have stealth implemented in rengar's kit scarizard?