A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucreciaMerces

08-18-2013

Hello Scarizard,

Thought I might make a post on an idea(really like Rengar so first post haha). I had an idea that might be able to implement your speed, with stealth as well.

I think you should keep the speed you mentioned for his ulti, and keep the pounce feature for his ultimate as well. I think that Rengar should completely disappear from the minimap, and no one should see him from OUTSIDE his pounce radius(for that limited time).

This means that not only can he run anywhere super fast, enemies don't know 100% where he is until it's too late. Sure, you can't use your ULT to escape in a mid match unless you don't have any enemies on your radius, but I think this could be a nice happy place.

Just an idea.

MiroBG

08-18-2013

Rengars stealth makes him who he is!! I know Morello doesn't like stealth on champions but c'mon. Rengars stealth makes rengar who he is. I don't care that he can run bot to top while his R is active. I did that with ghost, boots, and ghostblade. Making his Bolla a skill shot will make him worthless top vs ranged champs, as they will hide behind minions. Guys can we start a petition for Morello 's resignation letter?

Iamgonnatroll

08-18-2013

Sorry but the movement speed bonus is just trash. Someone just needs to stun him and that's it. For someone to actually stop his stealth, they have to atleast spend money on an oracle or vision ward. The stuns are free.

MiroBG

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamgonnatroll View Post
Sorry but the movement speed bonus is just trash. Someone just needs to stun him and that's it. For someone to actually stop his stealth, they have to atleast spend money on an oracle or vision ward. The stuns are free.
Not to mention that the Bonetooth necklace is even worse, and costs more!

StriderXplosive

Recruiter

08-18-2013

What if he can only stealth while walking in brushes with his ult active?
That would give him a chance to bypass wards and feel like more of a predator that is hiding in order to strike. It still lets ppl know he is coming bc as soon as he walks for example out of tribush bot lane he is visible again and u can see him on the river ward and react. Also gives him an escape mech and like a fun "walk into this bush and u r in trouble" type deal. To me it sounds fun to only be stealthed while in bushes when ult is active. Id love feedback
on this.

Maybe work it into bonetooth stacks. Once you reach a certain stack count, u can stealth in brushes when u activate your ult.

montyElGato

08-18-2013

So does Rengar have NO stealth AT ALL now? Is that what's going on?

Outshine

08-18-2013

I knew it, I fkin knew it on page like 10 I called that you were going to fu.ck him up

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
I usually agree with Riot's decisions but I think removing Rengar's stealth is just not acceptable. It's a very core part of his identity.
Just like Karma's duality was part of her core personality, Rengar's stealth was his. GG pedozard. You raped another champion. When are they going to fire your sorry ass?

sheepskinn3r

08-18-2013

What If you could do something like this.

Ult:
- No longer consumes ferocity
- On reactivation, consumes current Ferocity and gives X(~1) seconds of invisibility for each point of Ferocity consumed.

TheUrgottenOne

08-18-2013

First of all, NO NO ONE SHOULD RESIGN, second of all.

I feel as though the complaints to his stealth are coming from people that have poor positioning and hate strategy and this is why.

Adc's and bots complaint seems to be that vision wards are useless, which is far from true, just be smarter about the placement.
He is made to punish poor placement in the fact that if the adc is rushing out of the fight or into the fight he gets penalized for it. To be honest ADCs always want everything they cant easily thrash, nerfed and this is another case of that. Rengar stealth is the ONLY stealth ult in the game it makes his ultimate fun and unique and honestly not overpowered, if they did nothing to his ult it would be fine, all i wanted was just a little more health.

Rengar is High Risk, High Reward why make it so he is high risk low reward? without his stealth he gets taken out to easily and if you turn him into a tanky bruiser jungler he is just like sejuani and hecarim and so many others but without the unique concept, just get volibear better champ for that in general.