A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueRoseleader

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
In my honest opinion, if we want to make Rengar's stealth stay, I say why not give him instant stealth inside of bushes and ONLY in bushes. This makes him feel incredibly predator like and would allow him a unique stealth mechanic that preserves the "I'm a jungle cat hunting prey" feel. With a 1 second delay after attacking so that he can't just attack then restealth instantly

/sarcasm

rengars detection is gonan fail so hard in pvp without his stealth, what is stopping the enemy team form seing engar knowing he is in ult, and slaughtering him instantly?

Ninth Belief

08-17-2013

Bonetooth changes I'm not sure if I love.

I DO love his E change, I feel that it being a skillshot will be a massive (and welcome) addition to his gameplay.

I love Rengar's stealth, but I understand it's hard to balance and fit on his kit. If the best version ends up being a stealthless one, that sucks, but that's how it is.

BlueRoseleader

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth Belief View Post
Bonetooth changes I'm not sure if I love.

I DO love his E change, I feel that it being a skillshot will be a massive (and welcome) addition to his gameplay.

I love Rengar's stealth, but I understand it's hard to balance and fit on his kit. If the best version ends up being a stealthless one, that sucks, but that's how it is.
no offense but if thats the best they can get with rengar then i wish i had just never bought him, id exchange him for volibear and thats that

Holy Malevolence

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamcario View Post
at the moment triple Q is what keeps him viable
No, it's one of the many reasons why he's weak.
The fact that he can do it means that he has to be balanced around doing it. His viability isn't attained because of his abuse case, he's otherwise weak because of his abuse case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
You've cited Hashinshin as a source of reference. You know, that guy who cheated with Tiamat, got fired, then called new YI OP, streamed it and got dominated every single game. Where is he again? I forgot.
I mentioned he used a word which I only used the once.
He specifically used it to try and defend Rengar. It was quite amusing.
Quote:

Observer of league eh?

Well, I must be the Godfather, I've got UFO Corki and Bowser Rammus. I've been around since day 1. I must be much much more of a knowledgeable "observer" than you by your own reasoning.
Yeah, sure. Doubt it heavily.
Quote:

Let's look at your "stealth is a problem" issue....

Eve, Old eve was too strong at the TIME.
No, old Eve jumped from absolute **** to overpowered as hell because she was incapable of balance. You're quite clearly not good at observation.
Quote:
If you put old eve in this league of legends, she would be completely outclassed and dominated.
Because she was, in fact, incapable of balance.
Quote:
What made her ****-tier was removing the stun on her ability and turning it into a slow.
Actually, she was **** tier at multiple points in time, many of which were while she had the stun.
Quote:
You put release Twitch and release Eve back into this game and they would be completely obliterated and that has nothing to do with stealth and everything to do with their poor balance to begin with.
Which was caused by their stealth.
Quote:
They weren't balance around their stealth until LONG AFTER they were released.
Entirely wrong.
Quote:
Why did they do that? Because back in the day Riot didn't know how to balance **** from shat. There were also a lot less counters, for example, lee sin didn't exist - problem right there because he is a huge counter to twitch and eve!
As evidenced by how they handled stealth.
Quote:

Who else didn't exist.. hmm... Diana who also reveals stealth...
Do you even play this game?
Do you?
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...bility_Details
Crescent Strike will damage and apply Moonlight to stealthed units hit, but will not reveal them through stealth.

****ing moron.
No, you aren't a godfather, you're a senile dumbass.

Valtielx

08-17-2013

So, to recap...

His Bonetooth necklace will have passive bonuses that are unique and "fun", but be less powerful.

His Q will be chain-able and feel "cool" to use, but be less powerful.

His E will be more rewarding and "make you a better player" but be less powerful.

His ult will no longer stealth him and give you a "fun" speed boost, but be less powerful.

You know what? Riot has one of the best creative departments I've ever witnessed. You guys make champions and characters and stories that give me the chills and keep me attached to this game..

..And then you butcher them with your balance team.

Avl521

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtielx View Post
So, to recap...

His Bonetooth necklace will have passive bonuses that are unique and "fun", but be less powerful.

His Q will be chain-able and feel "cool" to use, but be less powerful.

His E will be more rewarding and "make you a better player" but be less powerful.

His ult will no longer stealth him and give you a "fun" speed boost, but be less powerful.

You know what? Riot has one of the best creative departments I've ever witnessed. You guys make champions and characters and stories that give me the chills and keep me attached to this game..

..And then you butcher them with your balance team.
This man, (Or woman) knows what (s)he's talking about. I couldn't have said it better. Props to you friend, this post sums it up perfectly.

Deychundei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

I enjoyed Rengar when he first came out but i alwasy felt his abilities were a little disjointed and compared to Kha'zix didnt flow well to me.

But that was just a perspective ive always had.

But i have a question, i doubt it will be answered but i will ask it anyways.

What is the goal with the empowered abilities? is it to make them stronger abilities or to give him another avenue to go making the choice which to use at which time?

If its just to make stronger versions then could we possibly have a greater animation/special effect for the empowered abilties?

Also As for Q(which i didnt see changed or mentioned) why not make the empowered version a cleave? then there is no need to increase the damage and it gets a utility upgrade.

CrispyCheez

08-17-2013

I just want to say, get rid of his whole brush hopping, it's original and helps him in lane but it really limits him from being kited from places without bushes like player's/enemy's base, jungle rengar is unable to gank mid lane without flashing for a snare or getting 6, once he uses his ult to hop or a bush, he has no more gap closers and can easily get kited.

Fuzen kuden

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
can i just trade rangar (now generic bruiser 4498) for kha'zix who is a REAL assassin

Captainfluffins

08-17-2013

Scarizard listen this is my 3rd post ever and I just wanna say please dont take away my heart attack inducing bursty kitty please I think we all agree the ms boost is a intresting and cool idea for a stealth substitute but what makes our favorite kitty unique and cool is his stealth and makes all khaz players re thing their life.