A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arlongitude

08-17-2013

I'm a pretty big fan of the new ultimate changes. It really makes me think of the hunting pattern that lions and big cats in general have. They prowl and make their way towards their prey before sprinting at full speed (like a rocket cat) towards their next meal. That's way more appealing to me than, 'Predator = Stealth.' To me, Rengar has always been more of a lion and hunter than an alien bounty hunter. I really like the savage hunter and Most Dangerous Game feels Rengar and these changes give me. Don't forget to downvote if you disagree /sarcasm.

Blossora

08-17-2013

I do not know if this will be possible with the Rengar update since it is not entirely relevant with the gameplay updates, but I always thought it would be really cool if Rengar invoked a bit more of his lion-side with an animation update. For example, when he activates his ultimate, he gets down on all four and starts to run like an actual lion. It would be somewhat similar to Nidalee's cougar form, but something a bit more visceral to signify not just his hunting nature, but the fact that he is pulling out all the stops with his Thrill of the Hunt. Plus, it would have a bit of that "scare" factor that is not unlike Elise's Rappel, when Rengar comes at you with his pounce. I imagine it something similar to the scene from the Lion King when Scar jumps through the fire at Simba.

In essence, Rengar becomes more akin to his "predatory lion" nature when activating his ultimate up to the first pounce. However, I do see some problems with this in that it would be a lot more difficult to explain Rengar using his Bola strike before the initial attack, not to mention animating it. One way around that, off the top of my head, is locking out Rengar's other abilities until after the pounce. Just something to consider, I hope.

lightdragoon88

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardinger View Post
I don't like that Scarizard said "I won't buckle under pressure." That's such a loaded statement. This isn't pressure, it's feedback from those who play the champion you're trying to violate, of course you should adhere to such an overwhelming consensus.

There is a difference between feedback and threatening and cursing out Scarizard

Carapau

08-17-2013

GG SON
KILLD MY KITTY
#IllCry4Ever

Raiyn

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
snip
You've cited Hashinshin as a source of reference. You know, that guy who cheated with Tiamat, got fired, then called new YI OP, streamed it and got dominated every single game. Where is he again? I forgot.

Observer of league eh?

Well, I must be the Godfather, I've got UFO Corki and Bowser Rammus. I've been around since day 1. I must be much much more of a knowledgeable "observer" than you by your own reasoning.

Let's look at your "stealth is a problem" issue....

Eve, Old eve was too strong at the TIME. If you put old eve in this league of legends, she would be completely outclassed and dominated. What made her ****-tier was removing the stun on her ability and turning it into a slow. You put release Twitch and release Eve back into this game and they would be completely obliterated and that has nothing to do with stealth and everything to do with their poor balance to begin with. They weren't balance around their stealth until LONG AFTER they were released.

Why did they do that? Because back in the day Riot didn't know how to balance **** from shat. There were also a lot less counters, for example, lee sin didn't exist - problem right there because he is a huge counter to twitch and eve!

Who else didn't exist.. hmm... Diana who also reveals stealth... hmm Lulu as well..Hmm the list is pretty long compared to the old Eve days. Stealth used to be broken not because of the character but because there WERE FEW AND FAR between viable counters.

Edit: Do you even know what triple Q means as Rengar? Have you ever seen someone do it? Have you ever done it? You're posting absolute **** right now to suggest that people frequently use triple Q on towers. - That isn't possible unless you're willing to waste your ult, in which case the enemy team should rightly come and punish kill you for doing so (which no Rengar ever did, you use R to escape after tower pushing).

Triple Q on Rengar is by far one of the more difficult things to pull off, you literally have the span of 1-2 seconds to jump on someone and do the 3 Q. **** up and you're DOA - you will land your first emp Q then die as you try to follow up with Q > emp Q.

think otherwise? Try it please. I implore you, come into a custom with me 1v1 and try it on me. I guarantee you will not get it until you've tried to do so at least 50-60 times. Now imagine having to do that in a teamfight, in solo que, and with you being the initiator unless someone was nice enough to do it for you.

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

they either listned to the bronze players on gd saying his ratios are op when kha zix has higher or they didn't listen to us because i remember like 2 people wanted it a skill shot and the stealth was bs all they gave us is better hp by 5 or it was a lie either way this is gonna make me stop playing rengar </3 and learn kha zix

S0NOfG0D

08-17-2013

You are basically nerfing him cause he is "unsatisfying" to play against...

What kind of reason is that?

I find every assassin unsatisfying to play against. that doesn't mean all of them should get nerfed to the ground.
Talon/Zed/Leblanc can also do the same job and possibly make it out alive, something which rengar cannot do. He punishes bad positioning of the adc by killing him for building glasscannon, which I think should happen to every adc.

Raiyn

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0NOfG0D View Post
You are basically nerfing him cause he is "unsatisfying" to play against...

What kind of reason is that?

I find every assassin unsatisfying to play against. that doesn't mean all of them should get nerfed to the ground.
Talon/Zed/Leblanc can also do the same job and possibly make it out alive, something which rengar cannot do. He punishes bad positioning of the adc by killing him for building glasscannon, which I think should happen to every adc.

Riot loves Zed because you can QSS or Zhonya's his ult. There's counterplay - they love counterplay.

The counterplay to Rengar is - pink wards; buy an eye, hug your ADC, ADC gets barrier, ADC is one with an escape ability.

Riot doesn't want to force you to buy an eye vs rengar but wants you to be forced to buy QSS or zhonyas vs Zed.

Contradictory logic much? Items are OK to counter one champion but not another! Lol.

4DPaladin

08-17-2013

Scarizard:

Ruining LoL one unique champ at a time

FallenBandit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
You've cited Hashinshin as a source of reference. You know, that guy who cheated with Tiamat, got fired, then called new YI OP, streamed it and got dominated every single game. Where is he again? I forgot.

Observer of league eh?

Well, I must be the Godfather, I've got UFO Corki and Bowser Rammus. I've been around since day 1. I must be much much more of a knowledgeable "observer" than you by your own reasoning.

Let's look at your "stealth is a problem" issue....

Eve, Old eve was too strong at the TIME. If you put old eve in this league of legends, she would be completely outclassed and dominated. What made her ****-tier was removing the stun on her ability and turning it into a slow. You put release Twitch and release Eve back into this game and they would be completely obliterated and that has nothing to do with stealth and everything to do with their poor balance to begin with. They weren't balance around their stealth until LONG AFTER they were released.

Why did they do that? Because back in the day Riot didn't know how to balance **** from shat. There were also a lot less counters, for example, lee sin didn't exist - problem right there because he is a huge counter to twitch and eve!

Who else didn't exist.. hmm... Diana who also reveals stealth... hmm Lulu as well..Hmm the list is pretty long compared to the old Eve days. Stealth used to be broken not because of the character but because there WERE FEW AND FAR between viable counters.

Edit: Do you even know what triple Q means as Rengar? Have you ever seen someone do it? Have you ever done it? You're posting absolute **** right now to suggest that people frequently use triple Q on towers. - That isn't possible unless you're willing to waste your ult, in which case the enemy team should rightly come and punish kill you for doing so (which no Rengar ever did, you use R to escape after tower pushing).

Triple Q on Rengar is by far one of the more difficult things to pull off, you literally have the span of 1-2 seconds to jump on someone and do the 3 Q. **** up and you're DOA - you will land your first emp Q then die as you try to follow up with Q > emp Q.

think otherwise? Try it please. I implore you, come into a custom with me 1v1 and try it on me. I guarantee you will not get it until you've tried to do so at least 50-60 times. Now imagine having to do that in a teamfight, in solo que, and with you being the initiator unless someone was nice enough to do it for you.
Triple Q is really easy to pull off .-.