A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tailsmph

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
(To those of you who actually like the No Stealth changes - this isn't about me buckling under pressure - if the 'No Stealth In Any Form Whatsoever' Ult is best for our game, i'll do it in a heartbeat. I just want to do some more exploration/prototyping on some ideas that may reincorporate Stealth for those fans who feel it makes/breaks his uniqueness.)
Do you want to know what's bad for the game?
Rampant smurfing in low levels, constantly rising RP and IP costs for ingame items, and the internet paradigm that this community is nothing but 12 year old trolls. That is what's actually bad for this game.
Rengar's Stealth ultimate is not "bad for the game", it gives this cool dynamic to a character that mirrors a stealthy jungle predator. I loved Rikimaru in DotA and that translated quite well to Rengar in LoL. Sure, I'm not the greatest Rengar, but he is a champion I have had a lot of fun with. With all the crazy defensive options that ADCs now have to counter any assassin or bruiser right now, things like Rengar's ult might actually be needed.

Croanin

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersUnited View Post
Honestly Riot,
This has nothing to do with the amount of work you're putting into such a project, it's how you're going about "fixing" Rengar.

You are literally taking away the most unique thing about his playstyle: the stealth. His lore and overall gameplay fit so well with a stealth mechanic. Jumping on people out of thin air is what makes him feel so goddamn awesome to play.

Don't do this.
I disagree slightly. It's not his unique trait because many champions have stealth. Scarizard realized this and tried to make him work without it. Rengar is unique with his passive, pendant and ferocity. However stealth is indeed a big part of his identity. Taking it away will change the way he gets played. When a champion is reworked they always keep their overall play style. Not sure if Rengar's will remain if his stealth goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEVlL DREAMer View Post
Scarizard first ruined Karma and now Rengar? How about you stay away from incoming reworks and find yourself something new to do at Riot?

Dont you ever think about touching my Sion, Warwick an Irelia, let Xypherous rework them please...
Lol have to say I'm a Xyph fanboi myself. Thank you so much for Garen!

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamon Ganja View Post
Has anyone else noticed that on the lol website under forum/dev tracker, non of the new Scarizard posts are showing up? or is it just me?
http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtrac...cussion?page=6

JokersUnited

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croanin View Post
I disagree slightly. It's not his unique trait because many champions have stealth. Scarizard realized this and tried to make him work without it. Rengar is unique with his passive, pendant and ferocity. However stealth is indeed a big part of his identity. Taking it away will change the way he gets played. When a champion is reworked they always keep their overall play style. Not sure if Rengar's will remain if his stealth goes.

Lol have to say I'm a Xyph fanboi myself. Thank you so much for Garen!
Thank you for actually being cordial instead of straight up raging like other's on the forums. I was talking more about how the stealth fit in with both
1. jumping literally out of thin air
2. the cool predator-like vision you got while activating his ult (even though they are keeping this it seems out of place without being invisible to opponents)

Not the actual stealth itself.

Holy Malevolence

08-17-2013

"- In addition to dealing bonus damage, grants Rengar 3 Ferocity."

Abuse cases ahoy!
Honestly, you should just delete him. Getting rid of the stealth is a good thing as that's one of the worst design decisions you guys have ever made, but really the worst part of the horrible design that is Rengar is his ferocity.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

^ stfu

Remain Insane

08-17-2013

With these proposed changes to Rengar's ult doesn't it make Rengar a crappy version of Hecarim? Except Hecarim has all of the team utility and tankyness. Same concept, champion running at other champions really fast except Hecarim ult you can't interrupt.

Ripperz00

08-17-2013

lol

inplane

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
"- In addition to dealing bonus damage, grants Rengar 3 Ferocity."

Abuse cases ahoy!
Honestly, you should just delete him. Getting rid of the stealth is a good thing as that's one of the worst design decisions you guys have ever made, but really the worst part of the horrible design that is Rengar is his ferocity.
I hope your favorite champ gets reworked into garbage

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

Yay my fav champ got the karama **** go riot when we said no to the skill shot keep it up wooooooooooooooo