A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

08-17-2013

Just to add. If you take out Rengar's stealth then his predator skin...isn't a predator anymore. A predator that can't stealth is dead to an alien or human easily.

Dig Dux

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriTzy View Post
1 question, are our opinions even taking in consideration? Because all i see is just players who actually played rengar post of a no no changes to him. Why do you want to change his kit so much, he isn't op, it's just people who don't know what he does.If you really wanted to make him overpowered add a shrug debuffs on w and that's it, but no.As a person stated, if you want make a new champ,do it with that "changes" but please don't turn rengar into a new karma.
Riot does what Riot pleases, atleast they are posting what they are doing now instead of giving us a completely watered down finished product.

Sjafi

08-17-2013

Scarizard: I commend you for being so transparent with the community about the kit of a champion. However, as you're seeing, it has heavy prices.

Being a graphic designer, I learned long ago that I should never show my process works to my clients! It starts to get absolutely out of control when you begin to show them too many options and they get all hazy-eyed. While I do agree that the community does have a voice, I'm afraid that you guys are starting to flirt with that line of showing the innards of champion design a bit too much. Don't get me wrong, I think the good side of the League community is full of amazing ideas and feedback, but the riot designers can only take this so far before they get lost in their own swamp of confusion.

Going back to the roots, I think the most important thing is maintaining Rengar's identity and keeping it unlike existing champions. This character started with you guys, the designers, and it's what we all fell in love with. I think stealth and leaping are his core mechanics, but moreso leap. Rengar has always been an assassin at heart. Getting rid of stealth and trying to make him a bruiser/fighter may go against his identity that has been created since his release.

Would it be cool to be rocket cat? Yeah! I'll love this champion no matter what, but what's happening here is you're not only reworking him, but changing his identity. Everyone should ask themselves(most importantly, the designers) would Rengar be Rengar without stealth? I do think it is possible, but he would have to be compensated with a stronger theme on his leap, then, because that's all he's got. Adding a leap mechanic to someone who gets hit with the bola skill shot would work to drive that theme home, I guess.

I love Rengar's flavor and always will. I, for one, wouldn't mind his gameplay changing in the ways you've come up with, but I get bored easy and like new/different.

StationaryObject

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDamned View Post
Thanks a lot dick milk, I used the stealth bit of my ult to escape a lot of nasty ganks. now i'm just gonna ****in die

THANKS A LOT **** ASS
If you can't escape a gank without your ult, then that is something you need to work on.

ChocoKelly

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Rengar View Post
Before I make any comments bashing on these changes, I'd rather wait and test them out. I will make a similar post like before once I feel I played him enough in PBE once released.
Rofl please i belive you'll change your name after these changes goes live.

Metablast

08-17-2013

So... his ultimate got watered down into another bland Movement Speed skill that gives him Ferocity.

League designers are a joke.

Dig Dux

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjafi View Post
Scarizard: Rengar without stealth? I do think it is possible, but he would have to be compensated with a stronger theme on his leap, then, because that's all he's got. Adding a leap mechanic to someone who gets hit with the bola skill shot would work to drive that theme home, I guess.

I love Rengar's flavor and always will. I, for one, wouldn't mind his gameplay changing in the ways you've come up with, but I get bored easy and like new/different.

This guy is brilliant DO THIS!!!!

Or at least consider this since all rengar has is a single jump...... and you are making bola strike much much less chase friendly.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Why is it that khazix is allowed to have stealth, but rengar isn't?

The thing that made his ult cool was the fear of "oh my gosh, he could come from anywhere". Like nocturn's ult, you are terrified that he'll just pop in and kill you. Rengar's ult was cool in a predator way, but now it's, OH LOOK, he's coming to get me. Guess I'd better just back off behind my turret. I worry that simply a movespeed buff on the ult with a bit of ferocity (which, you know, you guys have made LESS valuable by removing damage from his Q to add more ferocity. Like putting more money into society, you've put more ferocity into rengar, and now it's worth less). I worry that his ult will be like old eve's ult, where it just feels weak, and not really like an ult at all. As an assassin, your kit has to be pretty darn powerful if the ult adds 0 damage. But you're nerfing his kit...

If you're dead set on making rengar a boring bruiser, the least you could do is add an AD ratio to his W. It seems ridiculous to me that kha's refreshable long range aoe leap has more BASE damage than rengar's battle roar, let alone having its own scaling. 170 damage with no ratio? Really?

WaffIeMaker

08-17-2013

bumping so it can increase in downvotes

ScubaDivingPoop

08-17-2013

I still think making E a skill shot is a horrible idea. Unlike khazix you have no intentions of making it have an AOE splash damage effect. So like mundo's Q unless the enemy is well and clear of minions it's systematically useless. Also you didn't mention anything about the CDR being lowered so its still moderately long which means if you miss you're boned for a while before the skills up again + the possibility of missing and generating no ferocity.

Also the biggest concern is with Rengar's Ultimate. In one of your early post you mentioned that his MS bonus would be 10/30/50%. Since you are removing the stealth can we assume that the level 1 MS bonus of the rework would be better then level 3 ultimate on live? Cause otherwise we're getting a mediocre ghost with the ability to proc our passive once.

Also this whole vague description of the rework leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You also didn't mention anything about how much Bola slows now, does it still decay, what does Empowered do and the damage, Attack Damage reduction #, Will Empowered Roar's effect stack with reg for a higher % of Attack Damage Reduction....I'd rather you not make a post until you have some solid # ranges and more details to give cause right now this just seems like a crazy Nerf.