A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gurog

08-17-2013

bonetooth is useless if you plan to team fight, and the bola change to skill shot why..?

Berserk Knight

08-17-2013

We want stealth back, and Riot wants to remove it.
So, I've come up with a compromise.
Rengar's ult gives him stealth, but only against sight wards, minions and vision related abilities such as Ashe's E or Quinn's W. Kind of like a nerfed version of Eve's stealth. Completely detectable with champions(full vision range), turrets and vision wards.
This way, we can run up to them moderately undetected, ignoring detection from minions and the sight wards that are spammed all over the place, but still give them a window to see it coming and react appropriately.

2 Swainz

08-17-2013

They nerfed Rengar and buffed Bonetooth Necklace. Seems like a good idea, I'm sure that's exactly what Rengar needed.

FIatulence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2013

With the new changes I dont see the point of picking rengar over yi
Yi has better sustain (that dmg reduction is huge)
Yi has better burst, better damage over time
Better mobility, better scaling power
The only thing rengar has and yi doesnt is a slow that could be used as a snare, but WAIT theres more it is now a skill shot!

Dues Pater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

ya i rather let rengar have his stealth or atleast have an hunter's feel. At least make it more of a camouflage in lane but when he is in bushes he is completely invisible.

Sleepingfire

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Knight View Post
We want stealth back, and Riot wants to remove it.
"we" don't ALL want stealth back XD

dragonstrike45

08-17-2013

Hey Scarizard, if you could just give a few more clarifications that would be great.

1) People like the current bola strike because of its 100% hit rate and free point-and-click ranged harass in lane. Will the new skillshot bola be able to pass through minions (with perhaps a diminished effect)?

2) I think in my previous post my wording was weird for this one but: Once Rengar activates his ult and leaps onto an enemy, is there a bonetooth upgrade or innate feature that can be implemented to allow Rengar to regenerate ferocity (like he can b4 leaping from ult)? Or would this give him too much power?

3) For Battle Roar, are you guys retaining the AP scaling, or would/could you switch it out for something better like scaling off of AD or Max HP, etc.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Why are they screwing around with a perfect champion? It's not like he is used all the time in the competitive scene unlike some other champions I could name.

+1 to everyone in this thread saying that we hate Scarizard's reworks.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstrike45 View Post
Hey Scarizard, if you could just give a few more clarifications that would be great.

1) People like the current bola strike because of its 100% hit rate and free point-and-click ranged harass in lane. Will the new skillshot bola be able to pass through minions (with perhaps a diminished effect)?
I hope not. Part of the reason bola is so good is for last hitting when you are up against someone who could **** you up if you got in melee range (Darius, Riven). Then when you get 4 ferocity, you can double Q them and maybe have a chance at trading with them.

Draciusen

08-17-2013

If Bola Strike passes through minions and slows it wouldn't be so bad. And if the empowered Bola Strike works like Lux's snare that'd be nice.