A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaellrus

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack978 View Post
Never thought I would have to do this, but I have to switch to the dark side and get Kha Zix. I bought Rengar with RP last week thinking he was an awesome stealth assassin, but now with his stealth taken away I am regretting my purchase and lack of refunds.

If you've ever played WoW, he might be similar to a Combat Rogue who has to spam Burst of Speed to catch something.

You're gonna blow all of your ferocity catching somebody, then you're gonna be a sad kitty when you catch them.

but then

Riot implements Blink

and give the same champion a snare

and a stun

and a damage multiplier on snared targets

and gd rages

ShiznazTM

08-17-2013

To all the people whining. He already stated that his Bola's power was going up, and his roars damage was going up. His Q got damage taken away, in exchange for a 3 Ferocity attack so you can combo somebody. What people don't realize is that Rengar SHOULD be 1v1ing people. You literally, with this change, can't duel him anymore. FQ > Q> E (Probably a 2-3S snare now.) > FQ > W > Q > FQ Wtf are you going to do? Stand there and take it? Or use everything in your power to get the **** out?

Granted, his stealth is Iconic, and I believe it should be somewhere in his kit. Perhaps they could make a different kind of stealth, like in predator, where you can see the Light of the predator's detection laser glowing rather than it's whole body.

The stealth needs to be somewhere in his kit to make him FEEL like Rengar.

Rengar is supposed to be HUNTING Kha'Zix. Kha'zix and Rengar were designed to both have "Similarities" in their kits, no? Hunter v hunter, Stealth V Stealth, Single Target Dmg vs. Single Target Dmg.

He needs some kind of stat boost on Bonetooth, that or revert it to the 20+2 Per level like when he was released, because without the CDR/Armor Pen on the item, it looks really gross to buy instead of a Brutalizer.

His ult, to be honest, sounds REALLY fun to use now. Before it was like "Okay, hope I can close this gap so I get the leap." 7 seconds wasn't a big time push to get in and around places, especially with a sloppy engage, even if it had the stealth. The new change lets Rengar split push/Roam like a monster, especially if his Ult's Cooldown starts when he activates it. We need to see numbers before GD explodes with hate. Because he's the same champ, with no stealth.

Despia

08-17-2013

Just like Xelnath does in Xerath rework, Scarizard just say what he want to say and he is not listening to others.

Both rework ( + Olaf rework ) is surely terrible.

Destroy style!
Destroy Fun point!
Destroy the champion!

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHU EHUEHUE

Adun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

How does an assassin like Rengar lose his stealth but an adc like Twitch gets to keep it?

Corvic Maractis

08-17-2013

Just want to remind people how movespeed works

From the wiki

Quote:
Movement speed caps
When the raw movement speed is greater than 415, there are two soft caps applied:
The raw speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%.
The raw speed over 490 gets multiplied by 50%.
The two ranges have their reductions applied at the same time before being added back together.
As an example, if the calculated raw speed is 600 before soft caps kick in, it is reduced to (600 − 490) 0.5 + (490 − 415) 0.8 + 415 = 530, which means an 11.7% reduction of the original movement speed.

These are the simplified formulas:
If the raw speed is 415 or under, no cap is applied.
If the raw speed is between 415 and 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS 0.8 + 83.
If the raw speed is above 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS 0.5 + 230.

When the raw movement speed is less than 220 another soft cap is used:
If the raw speed below 220, it gets multiplied by 50% and added to 110.
Example: if the calculated raw speed is 180 before soft caps kick in, it is increased to 180 0.5 + 110 = 200.
so we get even more diminishing returns on a move speed ultimate, unless they change the game mechanics for one champ which would be unfair to others.

Ripperz00

08-17-2013

with reworks, you guys should give a refund to people who buy the champs that are changing and they don't like it after

DarkChiSam

08-17-2013

The term that Koreans would use to describe this patch: "NO ANSWER"

TachyonLark

08-17-2013

what if rengar gained a short stealth duration upon entering bushes instead of completely removing the stealth?

Killnerve

08-17-2013

What about nidalee??? why is no one concerned that giving her passive away on an item kind of steals her thunder?

tailsmph

08-17-2013

After these changes, I think I'll feel more like a badass jungle hunter playing amumu than playing Rengar