A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draciusen

08-17-2013

Can it be part of the bonetooth stacks, or included in his ultimate to ignore unit collision? That's what irks me about 'run really fast to gapclose' mechanics, those damn creep waves. If you're really intent on going this route, that would help a bit so you can't be literally cockblocked to killing your target.

BobbyOvsky

08-17-2013

I cant wait to try this on PBE because on paper, it looks attrocious. I could give dozen of reason why taking of the stealth would feel terrible. So now, Rengar comes in lane, get roots / fear / stunt / burst / knock back on sight or after leaping on the target, then what ? the MS is gone, you have an unriable ROOT (not even stun) but you are probably too far for dealing any damage.

Rengar will enter the glorious pool of champion kitted up to oblivion

The Liars Creed

08-17-2013

Il take the ****ty 28 ad and skillshot but no stealth basically takes away what made rengar truly rengar. It's apart of the theme.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyOvsky View Post
I cant wait to try this on PBE because on paper, it looks attrocious. I could give dozen of reason why taking of the stealth would feel terrible. So now, Rengar comes in lane, get roots / fear / stunt / burst / knock back on sight or after leaping on the target, then what ? the MS is gone, you have an unriable ROOT (not even stun) but you are probably too far for dealing any damage.

Rengar will enter the glorious pool of champion kitted up to oblivion
"Rengar will enter the glorious pool of champion kitted up to oblivion"
"Rengar will enter the glorious pool of champion nerfed to oblivion"

FTFY

xAlwayzHI

08-17-2013

Heres an idea; we keep the stealth but, make it so he's kinda visible like the actual "Predator". That way noobs cant complain about being instagibed because they're too stupid to pay attention and if you are actually paying attention you'll have time to react accordingly. Rengar players get to keep the stealth (Which is ****ing awesome btw) and noobs cant complain about it. ??? MOTHER F***ING PROFIT

Granberia

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
1. This is very scary - but has a lot of good feels from a flow perspective. Elise's Cocoon and Syndra's Stun both reveal targets hit so you can more easily follow-up your combos and dashes. It's a change that would have a lot of cool play associated with it, but it's unclear whether or not it's good for the game overall. (this exact situation came up today where i really wanted to leap to the blue buff that i bola'd!) We'll be having a lot of conversations on whether or not we should, but if it's not too disruptive i'd like to!

2. Unlikely that we'd go with this - it doesn't take very much time for him to generate his ferocity while in R, and the duration of it is so long already (12-18s base currently, with the potential to get all the way up to 28 seconds!) that we really want you to relish the feeling of hunting and stalking, since you'll have vision all this time. If you really need to Rocket-boost before your Fury is generated fully, it's likely that it's more important you make it to your target rather than have full ferocity when you get there (it's also more likely you'll still have a few points built up once you get there, so this hasn't been a particular worry).

Not silly at all, in fact. He has a really cool run animation when in his ult that makes him look really cool while booking it.

Haven't tested on Dominion, i'm afraid. We're near the end of the ideation/exploration phases of Rengar, and once we're confident in them will begin balance testing (where a lot of the number tuning takes place). At that time, it's up to our resident ManWolfAxeBoss to decide how he'd like to handle Rengar with concerns to dominion.
wow 28 seconds do you have infered vision the whole time? that sounds hella annoying too be forced to see nothing but red for 30 seconds

also how effective is rengar in teamfights now since he doesnt have a alpha strike to make him un'CCable and no more burst to actually make quick work of the backline imho he sounds like everyother bruiser irelia xin darius where i guess your supposed to just rush head first on a iniate and gap close with leap then throw everything you have at the target problem is rengar is nowhere near as tanky as them without funneling all his gold into it and if rengar does that he cant really do any dps ESPECIALLY with base damage nerfs

Grimwohl

08-17-2013

I can live with them taking power away, but they took power away from literally everything.
WHERE
IS
IT
GOING?

POWER WHERe??

Draciusen

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwohl View Post
I can live with them taking power away, but they took power away from literally everything.
WHERE
IS
IT
GOING?

POWER WHERe??
Power into movement speed, duh.
Killing people and taking objectives doesn't win games, running really fast wins games.

/sarcasm

Splinterheart

08-17-2013

Right, so I promised a frustrated fellow League player (who doesn't have an NA account) that I'd post his frustrations that he typed on another website.
(The following opinion is not my own, I am in fact of the opposing state of opinion):

"I KNEW IT. I knew it's gonna turn out like this! Scarizard freakin' sucks at reworks, you handle him a champion and he MUTILATES him beyond recognition. Firstly he destroyed Karma by taking out everything that made her unique, awesome and special (fun one-of a kind skill set and THE FANS) and instead he slapped in some generic spam-the-Q mage skill set under the alibi that's more viable, and even though it is kinda more viable it's freakin' boring and makes the gameplay with her absolutely stale and anti-joyful. Now they handled him Rengar for some tune-ups and waddya guess, he completely OBLITERATES our cat-man hunter. He's violently ripping out the very spirit from Rengar by ridding of everything special and iconic in his skillset while putting in some recycle bullcrap to compensate. I mean... speed boost while in brush? He's not freakin' Nidalee. His W is now the same like Tryndamere's just that it can't slow you. His ultimate is now a rip-off of Ryze's ultimate (without the AoE spell thing). And lastly, Knifecat?! What freakin' dumb **** is this?

Scarizard feels like a necromancer to me - he murders his subjects, manifests their souls, gaining power from them (Rioters get famous by doing reworks) and ultimately reanimates them as skeletons who are merely a fraction of their former selves. Yet in this case though it's more like he's pushing a Behemoth into Skeleton Transformer."

Certainly a little bit of a violent response, but I'd read the feedback directed to you Scarizard and avoid letting the less constructive aspects of the message faze you too much.
Keep at it!

Mack978

08-17-2013

Never thought I would have to do this, but I have to switch to the dark side and get Kha Zix. I bought Rengar with RP last week thinking he was an awesome stealth assassin, but now with his stealth taken away I am regretting my purchase and lack of refunds.