A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelith Hesparax

08-17-2013

Please ... don't remove the stealth from his ult. he'll not be Rengar anymore if you do that. might as well give him a new name and lore

I hope Riot reconsiders these changes ... if they go through, he's just gonna be another generic bruiser. nothing unique about him anymore.

Hyde from Darius

08-17-2013

God I ****ing hate riot. Every time I like a champion they totally wreck that champion beyond repair.

DannyBooy

08-17-2013

I love the changes to the W and E but I don't like the ultimate so much. I loved Rengar being able to surprise people, it's not like it is OP to go invisible, an oracles elixr or pink wards is just enough.

RocketFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Ok this is my suggestion to a possible fix and different take on his stealth. What if rengars ult gave him a passive that whenever he kills an enemy champion,(maybe even dragon/baron as well) he becomes invisible until his next attack. so that he can work and fight for his kill, then sneak away with stacks as reward and set up his next victim. Also, then you could add an active to his ult that gives him ferocity stacks, or allows for a leap attacks from in the open, or a new attack altogether. I also like to think about the idea of rengar being immune to wards. not invisible, but immune to ward vision.

I would like to ask you not to remove his invisibility completely. It is my favorite aspect of rengar, who quickly became one of my favorite champions.

VoodoosV3nd3tta

08-17-2013

I love how they stress how much they listen to us and appreciate our feedback in shaping the vision of Rengar then totally obliterate Rengar's identity as a champion. I don't care if this is a massive buff to the point where he becomes 100% better than he was, it's generic **** and I already can tell you that without the stealth he will feel just like a hecrim or a rammus.

Congrats on another failed rework.

Neo Queen

08-17-2013

Vayne can pop in and out of stealth, Twitch has a Q, Teemo sits there, Eve sits there and I can't have Rengar RUN INVISIBLY TO ENEMY to dive in on an ADC and potentially get bursted from the team but it was worth because you did your job?

Rengar was a beautiful champ when he came out. But yes a little powerful. A SMALL tweak would be okay. Hell all it took was the LCS for Vayne to be op. A rework for the same Yi we have and a legendary skin for Udyr to be played more. Why all this unnecessary things? Is he wrecking a tournament somewhere?

If the problem was the triple or quadra Q why is his ult such a target for these nerfs?!

Hardinger

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodoosV3nd3tta View Post
I love how they stress how much they listen to us and appreciate our feedback in shaping the vision of Rengar then totally obliterate Rengar's identity as a champion. I don't care if this is a massive buff to the point where he becomes 100% better than he was, it's generic **** and I already can tell you that without the stealth he will feel just like a hecrim of a rammus.

Congrats on another failed rework.
Right, and when our feedback coincides with their intentions, they pretend like it was player-influenced. Their adamance to maintain poorly-received reworks proves that.

ThatNinjaGuy

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saproling View Post
Wait, what about the Q train? Is going to happen? You know the ferocity charged Q that granted 3 ferocity you guys talked about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Update time!

So, after some tests, the big changes i've made are pretty close to what i'd like to see in the final version. I'll go through some of the core changes to my current changelist here, the reasoning behind it, and then update the main post with the differences as well. If i don't make mention of a mechanic from Live or from my previous post in these updates, it means they haven't changed.
I think that is part of this kit, I just noticed he didn't post about the Q changes.

VoodoosV3nd3tta

08-17-2013

With the massive overwarding in this game to the point of just totally ruining the game, Stealth is currently the only thing keeping Rengar in a niche as a top laner with stealth. If you think giving him a speed boost instead is going to help him gank better, guess again. He will wreck lower elos where warding isn't so rampant and totally fail in higher elos because he has no tools to help him with ganks, no survivability, and a totally butchered teamfight. Seriously you took away the defensive buffs from his W AND his stealth? Wtf is he supposed to do now?

The bonetooth necklace changes are god awful too.

What a mess...

JesusBoon

08-17-2013

LOL, Scarizard should just stay away from reworking champs.