A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Now that I think about it, Rengar getting tremendous bonus movement speed fits more in line with the stalker theme. He has you in his sights and the only way to escape is to hide yourself in such a way that he cannot detect you.

Otherwise, he will catch you.

That being said, i would like the ability to see over walls so ******s can't just blink/dash over them. Or give Bola strike some some sort of vision mechanic.

Pierrot89

08-16-2013

hey just an idea, what about something like 'Fear of hunted' for his ult. so make it a SINGLE TARGET ultimate and make that person's vision slightly limited. make their own view red like rengar's vision. its like nocturne but only for ONE person. that champ has slightly limited view around them BUT for them, rengar remains invisible unless he moves into close range. they can see everything else. So rengar can move in and attack then move out to become invisible again and so on. also rengar can do some bonus damage or have MS against the target. It'll fit with his predator feeling and the other champ will feel really hunted To others rengar can glow like in his ult.ill feel hunted

TenienDaithen

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Now that I think about it, Rengar getting tremendous bonus movement speed fits more in line with the stalker theme. He has you in his sights and the only way to escape is to hide yourself in such a way that he cannot detect you.

Otherwise, he will catch you.

That being said, i would like the ability to see over walls so ******s can't just blink/dash over them. Or give Bola strike some some sort of vision mechanic.

stalk

verb (used without object)
to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.
to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye.
to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation.
Obsolete . to walk or go stealthily along.
verb (used with object)
to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game.
to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner: Disease stalked the land.

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Karma lost her Yin and Yang, damage and support ability. Now Rengar loses his stalking ability. Removing the souls of the champions for less more generic kits all in the name of balance is ridiculous. Over 100 champs and you don't want any to have any theme? Sad...

DNAgent

08-16-2013

Actually, now that I think about it...The new ult COULD work (although I still would prefer him to have stealth instead). However, the new ult could only work if Rengar is immune to all disables for the duration of his ult and give him % armor pen or % armor & magic resistance during it.

Tried to slow Rengar? Nope
Tried to pull him towards you? Nope
Tried to push him away? Nope
Tried to stun him? Nope
Tried to root him in place? Nope
Thought Malphite's ult was rock solid enough to do anything to him? Nope
Wanted to wash the kitty away in Nami's Q or ult? Nope...Kitty got wet but that's all.

A Retarded Clown

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
this isn't an issue of 'needing' stealth. Sure I can buff the **** out of eve/shaco/twitch with crazy MS etc. but once its viable, you nerf it and we have a weak champion, that's really how all your reworks go.

You replace unique kit powers with mad stats, call it a day, and then nerf it to the ground once you realize that one champion having too many stats and beating people 'just cuz' doesn't work.

Stealth is a skill based mechanic that takes a specific style to work, running at 2000 mph really isn't, that's just trying to make people appeased after losing an entire mechanic and giving them an obviously OP amount of stats that WILL be nerfed.

Your reworks so far have been taking the cheap way out of fixing mechanics, rather than mantaining playstyle and actually taking care of problem areas that were unfixable (except Yi though more of the same can be said for it too)you gut their kits and add stats. That's not fixing anything.

You know whose ult this sounds like? Quinn. Tell me just how many people find that ult even remotely useful....

When you see Yi/Rengar running at you at high speed you either : CC them and they do NOTHING

They are OP and one shot you with no counterplay.

Once they get nerfed they become the former and your joke of a rework crashes on its own face.

IcySlayer

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg You playing rengar in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S69VR5KrNVY How everyone else plays rengar.

See the difference

Valixes

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAgent View Post
Actually, now that I think about it...The new ult COULD work (although I still would prefer him to have stealth instead). However, the new ult could only work if Rengar is immune to all disables for the duration of his ult and give him % armor pen or % armor & magic resistance during it.

Tried to slow Rengar? Nope
Tried to pull him towards you? Nope
Tried to push him away? Nope
Tried to stun him? Nope
Tried to root him in place? Nope
Though Malphite's ult was rock solid enough to do anything to him? Nope
Wanted to wash the kitty away in Nami's Q or ult? Nope...Kitty got wet but that's all.
Olaf.
EDIT: Oh wait. That's the joke. I get it!

Rastamon Ganja

08-16-2013

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienDaithen View Post
stalk

verb (used without object)
to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily.
to walk with measured, stiff, or haughty strides: He was so angry he stalked away without saying goodbye.
to proceed in a steady, deliberate, or sinister manner: Famine stalked through the nation.
Obsolete . to walk or go stealthily along.
verb (used with object)
to pursue (game, a person, etc.) stealthily.
to proceed through (an area) in search of prey or quarry: to stalk the woods for game.
to proceed or spread through in a steady or sinister manner: Disease stalked the land.
Hmmmm. Like someone already mentioned before:

Rengar: the Pridstalker

not Rengar the PrideRunner or Rengar the PrideUnstealthedSuperFastRunner

Saproling

08-16-2013

Wait, what about the Q train? Is going to happen? You know the ferocity charged Q that granted 3 ferocity you guys talked about.