A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Good thing Rengar isn't a Predator. He's Rengar.

Taking inspiration=/=making a clone
Rengar the pridestalker

Running fast isn't stalking prey.

TenienDaithen

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

If you've read my prior posts, you know my feelings about Battle Roar - specifically that it doesn't especially inform who Rengar should be effective against, and thus just gives up a lump of power that's hard to tune while remaining satisfying. Feedback from this thread also has been consistent that Battle Roar's allure is Rengar imposing his will/intimidating opponents, not I AM LOUD AND TANKIER NOW.
I am glad that bola will be a skillshot. I have always wanted this.

I'm sure I'll get over the loss of the stealth, although it may take some time.

The part bolded above leads me to a statement: I'm not sure he is that intimidating or effective at imposing his will if he isn't scaring a little 9 year old girl that shoots fireballs from her hands just as effectively while being roared at as if nothing is happening.

I say give Rengar a 1.5 second AOE fear to go with his roar and see what happens.

EDIT: Or not on that fear thing. As someone pointed out to me, there is a volibear and what not etc...

KennnLeeee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

this rengar change is going to ruin him...
i purchased rengar BECAUSE he was different than the other champions
changing him like this is just going to ruin the champion and make him like any other bruiser in the game.
Rengar is an assassin. It's his job to take advantage of bad positioning, kill, and move on.
If your logic of assassins jumping into a team to take down a target and surviving means the assassin needs to be toned down, look at zed, talon, kha, and other assassins. they do the same thing AND most of them have methods of escape (shadow, talon's ult, kha's reset on leap, etc.)
rengar on the other hand has no escape once he blows the target up.
If rengar survives, the team played poorly and rengar outplayed the team

Jbels

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienDaithen View Post

I say give Rengar a 1.5 second AOE fear to go with his roar and see what happens.
Voli already does that, and there's a reason the fear only hits minions.

Redeemed In Fire

08-16-2013

Please try not to listen to the complainers =/ I'm a Rengar player myself and love that stealth is gone. It doesn't need to be there, it's holding him back, and only serves to make cheese "lol i gib u from stelth instantly i r so pro" moments.

R U Fukn Nuts

08-16-2013

No, no, no!
A big NO to these changes!
Scarizard, what you have right now is a kit that you can use to create another generic bruiser.
I was afraid when you were given the rework 'cause of New Karma, but well, you told everyone that you would do what the community wants, and now, after a month, you just created an outrage. If New Karma wasn't enough of a pain, taking the predator out of Rengar (basically what made him so hilarious and unique) should be enough to get you thrown onto pitchforks and torches. I just hope you can rework Rengar AGAIN from his current live state just by fixing empowered numbers per level instead of per rank while PRESERVING his feel and predatory style (refund the skin if your changes make it to live ffs), and look at LeBlanc - op doublecast was reworked into set numbers and made her much better somehow (your changes don't atm), but should you shot this onto live, beware. People hate you more than Morello's nerfbat right now.

Guppys

08-16-2013

If you do this to my favorite champion, I will no longer play this game. You are turning this game into a generic piece of ****. We have had enough of this.

Valixes

08-16-2013

Look. The bonetooth necklace changes? Eh. Makes his jungle better. Not so much of a good buy outside of jungle now. But maybe that's where it belongs.
The W changes? Eh, sa'llright.
Bola being a skillshot in return for the extra range? I think this is a "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" case since this has never been a problematic part of his kit.
Gutting the stealth.
Gutting.
The Stealth.
What on earth are you thinking?

Steamcario

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptain Teemo View Post
Melee with no way to harass ranged hiding behind creeps, gg
This this this this this. The stealth change is stupid and ruins rengar thematically, but the E change combined with W defensive buff only being good against AD more or less means Rengar is completely unable to beat AP top laners because all he can do is try all in them constantly and lose because his defensive steroid does nothing. In general sustained fights don't happen early on in top lane and now that he's lost his ranged harass I honestly don't see him as viable at all in top lane. You said you'd be considering top and jungle rengar, but it really, REALLY feels like you're just moving forward with rengar only being a jungler.

TenienDaithen

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbels View Post
Voli already does that, and there's a reason the fear only hits minions.
Fair enough. I still think he should affect mages in some way that goes beyond their auto attacks not hitting as hard. Just not intimidating enough for me.