A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piratesgoyarrrr

08-16-2013

I logged in just to downvote these changes. Removal of stealth is fail, and 28 extra AD at level 18? Really? Bola being a skillshot is up in the air for me. Turning it into a skillshot could be nice due to the extra range, but I'd miss it being able to bypass minions.

Absolute None

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
It's nice that you want to defend him, mighty Wizardlock, but it doesn't SEEM like Rengar is Rengar anymore. This is a complete new iteration of Rengar. And turns him into a bruiser.

I want an assasin, not a chase bruiser. And though I may be one person, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this isn't what we need.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
You're a Rioter, making a testimonial (essentially) to players who CAN'T play it themselves to see for themselves. You know how foolish this is? You're basically just backing up someone you're /supposed/ to back up. We're not going to magically go "OH YOU'RE RIGHT XELNATH, WE'RE SORRY!" when you're just trying to assuage our fears with literally nothing but words. Making this playable to us isn't exactly necessary here but, on paper alone this WILL be a nerf to his viability at higher Elo I'm confident enough to say that much.

Magic Spoon Lord

08-16-2013

Well, I was considering buying Rengar as my next champ...

LOLGG2EASYBRO

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredge Mammus View Post
It's nice that you want to defend him, mighty Wizardlock, but it doesn't SEEM like Rengar is Rengar anymore. This is a complete new iteration of Rengar. And turns him into a bruiser.

I want an assasin, not a chase bruiser. And though I may be one person, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this isn't what we need.
Except he doesn't have the survivability of a bruiser, especially with the new W changes.

Jbels

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForce View Post
What I am trying to say, is that would Vayne be the same without the Stealth and instead, replaced by MS?
...Yeah, she would = l

Yes, the stealth is annoying, but it isn't really that important. Besides, if your support has an oracles like they should, it's practically non-exsistant. And if it was replaced with MS, God help your soul if she ever caught you out.

Tycosnh

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChiSam View Post
first of all idk y r u trying to make rengar a jungler. If u only think about it for a sec u should know that rengar as a jungler isn exactly a very good choice. Second, whats the point of the increased duration on rengars ult if he can only jump once and no longer bcomes invisible? the duration is only important if rengar goes into stealth mode.....u don't need big duration buff on one time jumping ult that doesn really do anything else than jax's q
You sound like a VERY dumb person. Rengar actually is a jungler.

MasterForce

08-16-2013

If you actually want to make Rengar a bruiser, just remake 1 of his abilities to deal AOE physical damage. (And not have a 0.2 scaling) Since based on Rengar's kit, the role he plays as is a melee assassin that bursts squishies with physical damage. If you want to nerf him, just change the numbers. Don't try and make him a bruiser since his abilities are pretty much all 1 target abilities.

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tN King View Post
Its about removing the UNIQUENESS.
seems to be that way we need 110 of the same 5 champions

Rastamon Ganja

08-16-2013

Summoners pick up the pitchforks. Don't let this thread die. Start other threads. Those that normally don't post, please post and show that you hate the new Rengar changes and what you would actually like to see in the rework.

If enough people express their thoughts and disapproval for this Rengar rework, nay, Rengar Massacre, Riot will do what the players want

Remember when SGU did not have death animations and everyone in GD expressed their disappointment? surprise surprise, Riot did what the players wanted.

Riot please listen to the communities voice/thoughts/concerns about this Rengar Massacre. You already know how Scarizard murdered Karma. Please do not let him do that to Rengar. Karma was just reworked and she is again on the list to be reworked/new lore etc. Scarizard drained karma of all her uniqueness and now she is just another brick in the wall. and a ****ty crumbling brick at that. add enough of those bricks and the wall will collapse.

Rengar is unique because of his ultimate stealth ability. Why are you trying to maker Rengar only a Jungler? Why give him a skill shot? Is he a marksman or a mage? then why does he need a skillshot? Lets take a great and unique champ like Rengar and force him into Scarizard's bland cookie cutter champion rework. He does need an update/slight rework but not a massacre.

What is up with the massive increase in movement speed instead of the bola slow? Same goes for the tri force/phage nerf? why take away the slow and add movement speed?

Also you want "Rengar to pick off the enemy one by one"... This might be ok if rengar is jungling or during the laning phase. But what happens during team fights? especially when the bola slow is removed and ms is added.

I wish Xelanth or someone else was working on this rework where they actually listen to suggestions and concerns of the players in the threads and try to compromise and understand what the players cherish like/dislike about a certain champs kit/abilities etc. This whole thread was a fluke. Players in the community clearly stated what they like/disliked, what they though was unique about rengar/his gameplay/ his kit, but Scarizard basically just said:

"yeah, we already know what we are going to do with Rengar, were gonna do this and this, and we tested him, thanks for your input GD but we are not gonna take any of your suggestions and concerns into consideration because we do not want any champs to have unique aspects..."

Please let others see this so that they can get involved and help keep Rengar from being butchered/massacred like karma. I don't care if you downvote me or whatever it takes as long as everyone voices their disappointment and concerns about this "rework"

#FreeRengar