A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samflash3

07-30-2013

Hey Scarized, I have 2 questions.

1. Why is Rengar's empowered Q giving 3 free ferocity? Isn't it making W and E less relevant and only makes Rengar keep using Q because it gives free ferocity? W and E have a great amount of uses but it seems that everything is now highlighted on his Q. I get the whole knifecat mechanic you're going for but wouldn't it be better to let all his empowered skill give 1 or 2 ferocity?

2. When Rengar uses his ultimate, can't you let his ult give off an icon and sound effect similar to how Warwick's E works on low enemies? That is, when Rengar is stealthed and at 2000 feet away from his target (approx.) the enemy sees and hears the effect. When Rengar is off stealth, the icon/ sound does not appear but Rengar still has movement speed. That way, Rengar can use his stealth in more ways . E.g for playing mind games if he cancels the stealth and the enemy thinks they are safe but then Rengar comes running from the bush towards the enemy.

FUS R0 DAH

07-30-2013

this is awsome i like
and please give him a skin kitty cat rengar

Wispilicus

07-30-2013

U guys know in Cloud Atlas, in the ultra asian future, where the main rebel guy throws that bola that explodes when it hits something... that should be exactly what new bola does for rengar.

Remgarr

07-30-2013

Hey there Scarized, I have a idea for Battle Roar.

Battle Roar - on top of what damage it does, the sudden roar fills enemies with fright, causing their next spell and 2 auto attacks to do 10-15-20-25-30% reduced damage to Rengar, half that to allies. Give it a rather short window, like 2 seconds on the debuff, so that people who react-burst out of suprise from being ult-bush jumped are penalized from their fear... also gives benifit for group engadges. Empowered could either add on a second to the debuff, -or- replace it with a 1-1.5 second silence.

Tattersail

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Spirit Visage still gives access to greater healing - just now has health regen and more HP on it. It's the same item.

Also, Rengar since he has been shipped to live has always seen an icon on his opponent's head denoting that he has vision of them. Allies on your team will also see this icon, since Rengar's detection sight is given teamwide.
Ah ok, thanks for the response, I was uncertain as the patch notes didn't list it, so I didn't know if it was there or not.

Also, really? I think it might be slightly buggy then because I only see it occaisonly as opposed to all the time xD Guess I only really started noticing it because of the change talks ^_^ That's a point in favour for the notification though, if people playing him barely notice it's there xD

Linaeus

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattersail View Post
Ah ok, thanks for the response, I was uncertain as the patch notes didn't list it, so I didn't know if it was there or not.
Anytime and item loses one of its abilities or stats, the patch notes will always say "removed x", so as long as it doesn't say that (unless there is a typo), it will always retain everything but what is being stated as changed.

Borand

07-30-2013

Quote:
The intent here, is that if i engage in combat and lose my buff, running into brushes 'reactivates' the MS boost so i can move along them quickly to get my leap off - since fighting then moving into brush would flag you as in-combat, and cut the mobility boots bonus. I admit it's a little tinkery and maybe not the best solution, but so far feedback from testing has been the more stalking/set up that we put into Rengar the better it feels. As i mentioned before, just gonna try it.

The only intended change to the empowered ability scaling is their damage - as i've explained before, the intent is to remove the double-cast paradigm that exists on Live, where you empower whichever ability you've previously leveled. By giving them all similar damages that are based on Rengar's level, you make the decision 'Do i want Damage/Ferocity, Heal, or CC?' instead of 'let me cast Bola twice for ~500 dmg + a 1.4 ratio'

No time frame as of right now. Based on our playtests this week, the team feels like going deeper and taking more time on Rengar to ensure the predator we release back into the wild is one that makes our game better as a whole, and a more engaging experience for both sides. I'm not trying to rush anything out, which is why none of these changes have been to PBE yet - i just made the thread to give you guys insights into what we're testing and understand a lot of what you guys value/would like to see changed.
Quote:
Spirit Visage still gives access to greater healing - just now has health regen and more HP on it. It's the same item.

Also, Rengar since he has been shipped to live has always seen an icon on his opponent's head denoting that he has vision of them. Allies on your team will also see this icon, since Rengar's detection sight is given teamwide.
I like how you sandwich my post yet you don't reply to it

MetaEngineer

07-30-2013

I'm not sure if I understand the mechanics correctly, but it seams these changes will give Rengar more dmg in the exact same amount of time. I'm pretty sure its possible to quadra Q (maybe hexa Q with enough cdr?).

Q at 5 ferocity
ult, wait to 2 ferocity
jump Q(Q1) generates 3 ferocity (total 5 fero)
Q(Q2) generates 3 ferocity (total 3 fero)
reg q (Q3), W (total 5 fero)
Q(Q4), E, with enough cdr in ~2 seconds reg q(Q5) then Q(Q6)

His q has to have at least 25% reduced dmg to reduce his burst from live, that means Rengar fighting normally will be much weaker.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Please explain to me how rengars ult ISN'T a worse version of tf's. Tf provides teleportation. Rengar's just provides a speed boost. It doesn't matter that he jumps on the target, because TF doesn't even need to jump on them. He uses his range and his STUN. Honestly, his ult is going to feel stupid in comparison to TFs. I'd almost you guys just scrap the stealth and make it something unique and powerful.

Also, please explain to me how you aren't nerfing rengar's burst. You're removing damage, adding attack speed (Which, as I've explained over and over again and you've yet to respond to, is bad. Attack speed on rengar FEELS bad, not only because the animation on his Q wastes the attack speed by being too long, but because a lot of attack speed requires 100% stick, which rengar doesn't have). And the whole +3 ferocity thing is USELESS in bursting. Sure, you have 3 more ferocity, but now all his abilities are on cd. If you do this, he's NOT going to be an assassin, he's going to be a bruiser. Because you're absolutely slaughtering his burst. If you've ever played this game, you'd know that assassins, especially melee ones, NEED to kill targets in 1-2 seconds. Otherwise, they escape, or their team kills you. Heck, you can't even kill adcs in 1-2 seconds anymore, with all of the adc buffs.

RYKK888

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMKAAKI View Post
this is awsome i like
and please give him a skin kitty cat rengar
Yes any sort of Kitty Cat Rengar, Big Cat Rengar, or Tiger/Lion Rengar skin would be awesome.