A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I built Visage that game simply due to BTN's AD/Bonuses putting me ahead of the curve, and wanting to itemize Tankier (As a jungler) to fit my team's needs. We had a Kha'Zix, Ezreal, Xerath and Nami - so if i didn't get big, no one would. Damage items are still totally good to go on Knifecat, and his role will still be as a damage dealer - but i'd note that Only Rengar's core build on Live always has a Spirit Visage in it due to W2 Synergy and CDR. As it's changed/buffed for 3.10 (with the inclusion of Spectre's Cowl), it felt like a nartual buy.
Now that you mention it, would a bit of lifesteal make the Q-train much more efficient at healing than ever breaking the Q-train for his W. His E has obvious utility of a snare/snipe, but his W just seems like it would be outclassed by lifesteal+spirit visage. O_o

Griiffy

07-30-2013

Here's the problem I have with all of you Rioters. You say a fed rengar is toxic because he can ult and triple Q out of no where and there is no counter play. Keep in mind that's his ULT. I played a fed twitch the other day, I was midlaning Talon or something, but the point is is that he was fed. He did the same thing to me, popped his stealth, threw his potion and destroyed me within seconds. The thing about this is that his stealth is a basic ability on a lower cd. Am I supposed to buy pink wards and put them every where and not have enough money to buy my hyrda and cleaver? Eve's passive makes laners constantly buy pink wards because regular wards have no effect on her.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you are going to remove Rengar's TOXIC stealth, you better remove every other stealth in the game because it's "toxic." You guys are so blinded by Rengar you can't even see past him because he is finally in a spot that people like to play him and apparently that's not ok by you.

rathy Aro

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
I've reverted Battle Roar to Armor/Mr for the time being. I completely acknowledge that the community doesn't care about its durability function and feedback has been overwhelming that it should likely be a selfish offensive buff or a debuff to enemies - this is still on the table, but it isn't altogether clear what that mechanic should be that takes it place. I would love to ship Rengar changes with a new Battle Roar mechanic, but it isn't 100% necessary that it occurs.

I consider Battle Roar WIP and plan to nix the mechanic if anything else arises that makes more sense, especially if it can align with what the community wants from the ability. Generally against Tenacity/Cleanse, would rather have it be conditional based on the champion/number of champions hit. CC is probably not going to happen. Self-empowering beastman yell or demoralizing shout type things are what i'm lookin' at, tho.
I guess not many people here care for bruiser Rengar, but would it be ok to leave it with resists or at least replace it with some other defensive steroid? Please...

Griiffy

07-30-2013

And secondly, if you want him to make him a fighter/bruiser, his ult needs to match that. Not a stealth assassin ult, a Jax or aatrox ult.

hoxE

07-30-2013

People get so caught up in titles. I think his ability to have fighter/bruiser/assassin elements without really fitting any one role is what makes him such a fun champion to play.

I'll even play him as an initiator tank type some games when my team calls for it, and because his W complements that.

Cliff Walrus

07-30-2013

I"m not a professional game designer or anything, but I'm pretty sure Draven's: Stand Aside is being confused with Shen's: Stand United.

Quote:
Destiny, Stand Aside, Paranoia, and Agony's Embrace as well as many other early game ultimates have this type of scaling to avoid insane snowballing and frustration in the beginning stages.
BTN scaling should AD should work off Ult ranks:
Rank 0: 10 (from long sword) + 5-10
Rank 1: 10(from long sword)+10-15
Rank 2: 10(from long sword) +20-30
Rank 3: 10(from long sword) + 45-70

Trophy stacks are cool and should enhance Rengar but if you don't make the scaling AD equal with other items at that stage in the game its going to seem really lackluster.

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian Ice View Post
The VO ultimate does sound amazing, however there is one thing that seems sketchy. The fact that only the people around him will know he's invisible seems odd, it suffers the same problem that Blood Scent does, wherein a champ that is supposed to take you by surprise and gank you (Junglers) is letting the enemy know exactly where he is. If it were a global VO (Or Icon, for that matter), then it would be more difficult to pinpoint his position, but at the same time informing everyone that he is using his ult and is ready to strike (ala Twisted Fate), and therefore prepare accordingly.

Although, this is just what I'm seeing, I might be completely wrong!
Isn't that the whole reason blood Scent became a toggle? So he could choose when to give warning and when not to?

Carnacki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Reaching max stacks should feel like you've attained ultimate predator status. At least I would imagine it as such. Would it be possible to make Rengar have new spell particles with this?

Some thoughts I had:

1. Gains a shimmer, kind of like predator camouflage from the movies.
2. Executes brutal attacks on his targets with a flashy new Q.
3. Gets rid of his knife completely, and slashes with his own claws.

Or maybe, when he reaches max stacks, allow Rengar to jump twice from brush, but put a limitation on the second jump so it's not completely overpowered. Maybe a cooldown, or a small window for allowing it to happen. The bug that existed that allowed you to double jump on Rengar was very fun to use.

3mptylord

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Walrus View Post
I"m not a professional game designer or anything, but I'm pretty sure Draven's: Stand Aside is being confused with Shen's: Stand United.

BTN scaling should AD should work off Ult ranks:
Rank 0: 10 (from long sword) + 5-10
Rank 1: 10(from long sword)+10-15
Rank 2: 10(from long sword) +20-30
Rank 3: 10(from long sword) + 45-70

Trophy stacks are cool and should enhance Rengar but if you don't make the scaling AD equal with other items at that stage in the game its going to seem really lackluster.
The AD on BTN scales with level, not with stacks. It grants 7-41 attack damage, which is gold efficient at level 8 (not factoring stacks).

Sp0xs

07-30-2013

I like playing leapfrog with Rengar... 14stacks you can jump again after a leap!