A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesyaj

07-30-2013

Have you guys considered putting some sort of Ferocity bonus on his Ult or Savagery... or w/e skill(s) is most appropriate on the 14 stacks for btn? I figured from the start of the tentative changes that the ferocity return on his empowered savagery would be ditched but I would think as a final stack on his btn would give him some extra snowballing power without making him ridiculous, kind of like a "This is what you get for letting me get all these stacks, now suffer" for the other team without it being more like "I got 14 stacks, gg" or even "I'm really behind, but I got 14 stacks off of assists, gg"

Bambouské

07-30-2013

Just make the item disappear from the inventory at 14th stack and it become worth buying

Vivi R66

07-30-2013

Quote:
"Rengar gains x (flat) movement speed out of combat. This bonus is not removed while Rengar is in brush."
Dude, he JUMPS when he is in the bush, move speed while fighting in the bush is USELESS lol, he has infinite gapclosers when fighting inside bushes. So its basically a mobility boots, does nothing when in bushes. Stop wording things, when they have no practical effect.

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Didn't read post.

Automatic upvote and bump because title inculded the word "Knifecat"

Aoiboshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

rengar +42

karma -5000

Raasu

07-30-2013

Reposting my thoughts from pages 153 and 154.

No ideas on the 14 stack bonus as of now but I would like to suggest that somewhere in there you add the ability to retain true vision for a time after ult as well. It's a notable strength in his ult but when you start to attack the invisible enemy you can no longer see them to finish the job. Also, how would you feel about giving Rengar vision of the area in his leap radius while in brush? I'm thinking as a trophy stack.

I agree that 1-2 seconds is rather quick for the sheer amount of damage he's dealing but I think 5-6 seconds is also too much. Somewhere in-between those numbers around 3-4 seconds seems like a good middle ground as it still allows for a response without taking so long that it becomes difficult to be an assassin instead of a bruiser.

Raasu

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
If you're still going with this, please change it. It's almost worthless for a champion that can jump out of brushes to their target. The only time I can ever see it useful is during laning phase when you run AWAY through both top bushes, which is not very likely for a Rengar that has 3 stacks during laning phase.

Change it to:
Rengar gains 15% movement speed for X seconds after leaping to a target with Unseen Predator.

X can any amount of seconds that feels comfortable. Even if it's just one second, it allows Rengar to jump for CS and get back into the bush quickly, or jump at a champion and stay on them better.
This is a fantastic idea.

3mptylord

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Currently, we're nixing the 'minitrophy' stacks on Bonetooth for neutral kills. Created a lot of weird incentives where sometimes farming your jungle would be the best course of action until you reached your next tier, which is unfair for laning rengar.
Why not just make it so that the enemy Red and enemy Blue give one stack each? This encourages good gameplay for a jungle Rengar, but it's not reliable enough that a lane-Rengar feels out-classed.

It also means a good lane Rengar could still invade if his Q-clear is strong enough. You may even see him invading at level 1 for the red buff, as a laner.

Zaresin

07-30-2013

Well if scarizard is going to be touching another champion that would mean rengar will be getting destroyed. Everyone...please have a moment of silence for rengar....

Darklightning

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
2. E being a skillshot is largely benched. It's not clear what the actual gains of it would be, and melee skillshots (Kha'Zix, Skarner, Shyvana) are generally not fun/awkward to use.
Glad of this... skillshot on Rengar would be awkward. I didn't mind Kha'Zix until you nerfed his evolve :P ... significantly. There is no point to evolve it... even the announcers at LCS were talking about it as if it was a forgone conclusion. Kind of removes the whole we want diversity in his evolutions... but I digress. This thread is all about his arch enemy.